Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Reveling in second place behind me is that much fun?

Withholding your prediction so you can say "I told you so!" either way to everyone here is fun?
Second place was a fun chase last year. More people were chasing for that than 1st. You ran away with it, but there was a real race for second that was a fun chase. I finished ahead of BF and that was one goal. He was the only person I haven't ever finished ahead of before.

My prediction is Matt Carpenter. If you don't keep him then I'm wrong.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
At best D will take the silver this year. It's my personal mission to place above him.
You see Xio... the challenge for everyone has ALWAYS been trying to beat me. ;)

someone reading this is going to take it too far. haha

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-24-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In addition to posting your keepers here by Saturday, please go onto Yahoo and designate the 10 (9 plus your declared prospect) you're carrying over. You can get to the keepers selection area under "My Team" and then the "Keepers" tab on the right of the page.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In addition to posting your keepers here by Saturday, please go onto Yahoo and designate the 10 (9 plus your declared prospect) you're carrying over. You can get to the keepers selection area under "My Team" and then the "Keepers" tab on the right of the page.
My Official Keepers:
Joey Votto 1B
Bryce Harper OF
Cliff Lee SP
Matt Harvey SP
Joe Mauer C
Domonic Brown OF
Everth Cabrera SS
Johnny Cueto SP
David Robertson RP

Prospect:
Christian Yelich OF

I entered them on the website as well.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robertson over Wheeler. #Regret

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll regret Johnny Cueto over Wheeler.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I think he'll regret Johnny Cueto over Wheeler.
That's what it came down to. I could keep Wheeler over Yelich, I'm still kind of pondering that.

But Cueto has had a 2.82 or lower ERA the last three years. Although not full years. Wheeler might one day get there. But when? I don't want to wait. Plus the Mets suck. More wins on Cinci.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Cueto over Wheeler this year. A closer, hell no.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2014, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I'd take Cueto over Wheeler this year. A closer, hell no.
Where do you think Wheeler ranks this year in SPs?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yoda should probably go ahead and pass on Tanaka now.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Where do you think Wheeler ranks this year in SPs?
30-35 at best.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2014, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
30-35 at best.
That would be extremely at best. More like 60 I would think.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jug wants Wheeler back, I bet he can get him. He won't be a first rounder.

I do think him keeping a non-elite closer is curious.

Who is next to boldly declare their choices?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my official keepers:

Clayton Kershaw SP/LAD
Chris Sale SP/CWS
Paul Goldschmidt 1B/ARZ
Giancarlo Stanton OF/MIA
Matt Kemp OF/LAD
Mark Trumbo 1B/OF/ARZ
Manny Machado 3B/BAL
Brian McCann C/NYY
Jayson Werth OF/WSH

Prospect:
Dylan Bundy P/BAL

Old 02-26-2014, 06:17 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Yoda should probably go ahead and pass on Tanaka now.
Not happening bro. And I am not going to do that whole thing where the team picking #1 sits there for 8 minutes playing with themselves, creating more drama, and then selects the guy we know they are taking.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
If Jug wants Wheeler back, I bet he can get him. He won't be a first rounder.

I do think him keeping a non-elite closer is curious.

Who is next to boldly declare their choices?
I think he can be an elite closer. I'm not sold on the 9th inning being any more difficult than the 8th. He was an elite 8th inning guy so he'll be an elite closer.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Official Keepers:

Mike Trout OF
Carlos Gomez OF
Jay Bruce OF
Carlos Santana C/1B/3B
Adrian Gonzalez 1B
Madison Bumgarner SP
Jordan Zimmerman SP
Gio Gonzalez SP
Patrick Corbin SP
Travis d'Arnaud C (Prospect)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Official Keepers:

Mike Trout OF
Carlos Gomez OF
Jay Bruce OF
Carlos Santana C/1B/3B
Adrian Gonzalez 1B
Madison Bumgarner SP
Jordan Zimmerman SP
Gio Gonzalez SP
Patrick Corbin SP
Got yourself a nice set of keepers.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Official Keepers:

Mike Trout OF
Carlos Gomez OF
Jay Bruce OF
Carlos Santana C/1B/3B
Adrian Gonzalez 1B
Madison Bumgarner SP
Jordan Zimmerman SP
Gio Gonzalez SP
Patrick Corbin SP
I will take Mike Trout pls.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-26-2014, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thanks D! It's a championship core.

Brodie I'll leave him to you in my will.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2014, 06:16 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

I wouldn't have said that, now Brodie is going to "try" to kill you

Old 02-26-2014, 06:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Thanks D! It's a championship core.

Brodie I'll leave him to you in my will.
I wouldn't go that far. haha. jk. Having Trout is such a huge advantage.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I wouldn't go that far. haha. jk. Having Trout is such a huge advantage.
Definitely is with Trout. I scored huge going Gomez over Ben Revere last year also. I remember going back and forth on that one for a long time. Of course it's a championship core, I've already won the whole thing with this core.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Definitely is with Trout. I scored huge going Gomez over Ben Revere last year also. I remember going back and forth on that one for a long time. Of course it's a championship core, I've already won the whole thing with this core.
Oh yeah, then if you're talking about past tense I definitely agree. I thought you were talking about future tense.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Infield shminfield, eh GF? Who needs one?!
Closed Thread