Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last thing I'll say about this:

It just comes back to the ESPN ranking to me on something so simple, especially in preseason. A 1-for-1 trade is as easy to judge as it gets. The guys are ranked close enough that a little leeway either way is not veto worthy (and oddly, the guy ranked higher was deemed the less valuable one by Jug and BF). It's very easy to see why both of us benefit from this trade enough to justify any small perceived difference in value.

Now please, someone make another trade, haha
Old 03-28-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I get the last say...

Is yo the new yoda now?
Old 03-28-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shut up. You can ***** about trades when you remember that you run a goddamn fantasy basketball league, and stop using an excuse from three months ago for not updating your team.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Shut up. You can ***** about trades when you remember that you run a goddamn fantasy basketball league, and stop using an excuse from three months ago for not updating your team.
Man I specifically unblocked you for the mafia game and now I get to read stuff like this again...

I didn't even complain about the trade. I just laughed at yo.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You probably shouldn't block anyone in this league, lest you miss out on precious discussion here.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see it. If I would have, I'd have voted against it. Yo got ******* raped.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah it was definitely up for vote. What's wrong with it?

I would guess that if you disagree with it you think that xio is getting the better end of the deal, as Bell is rated a little higher than Scherzer on most sites. But Bell wasn't going to do me any good anyway because he was my only closer and that wouldn't normally get me enough saves anyway. I also think most people have Scherzer a little undervalued.
Someone would have given you much more than Scherzer. Scherzer is mediocre at best.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Someone would have given you much more than Scherzer. Scherzer is mediocre at best.
Part of what makes Xio so good is that he's able to find these kinds of trades. Hats off to the guy. He even swooped in and stole all the valuable players that are listed as DL. Kudos to him. I was going to pick up Perez, but I was actually asleep at 3:00 AM in the morning and I wasn't going to use my waiver on him.

BF, is that it's your fault for not approaching yo first.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

BF, you're nuts. If that trade constitutes "rape," then I think you'll have one hell of a time finding words to describe the lopsided trades that are sure to come this season.

Your belief that this isn't a good trade is based on personal opinion of the two players. When weighing whether to veto/allow a trade, there really needs to be a more significant reason if you're gonna discard an independent ranking like ESPN.

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-28-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
BF, you're nuts. If that trade constitutes "rape," then I think you'll have one hell of a time finding words to describe the lopsided trades that are sure to come this season.

Your belief that this isn't a good trade is based on personal opinion of the two players. When weighing whether to veto/allow a trade, there really needs to be a more significant reason if you're gonna discard an independent ranking like ESPN.
Xio, you're funny.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/preview/y2012/

MLB has Bell at $12 and Scherzer at $6. That's compounded by the fact that due to strict innings limitations in this league, starters are worth less and relievers are worth more. You made out like a bandit in this trade and you know it. If there's one thing you and D have in common it's that you always try to pretend like all of your trades are fair, even when you know they aren't.

You improved your team in saves, ERA, and WHIP. Yo improved his team in wins and k's, but given the inning limitations, those are worth much much less.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Xio, you're funny.

MLB has Bell at $12 and Scherzer at $6. That's compounded by the fact that due to strict innings limitations in this league, starters are worth less and relievers are worth more. You made out like a bandit in this trade and you know it. If there's one thing you and D have in common it's that you always try to pretend like all of your trades are fair, even when you know they aren't.

You improved your team in saves, ERA, and WHIP. Yo improved his team in wins and k's, but given the inning limitations, those are worth much much less.
This coming from the guy who gave me Josh Tomlin and Chris Young (Mets) for David Ortiz.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Xio, you're funny.

Those ESPN ranks are designed for a league with the same parameters as ours. And citing auction values does not work as a means of comparison. Different types of leagues.

As for me improving in 3 categories to Yo's 2, I can't believe I have to explain this to you, but the impact of ERA/WHIP for a reliever is far less than that of a starter. Scherzer will throw 3 times as many innings as Bell this year.

And no, I do not think I "made out like a bandit." There is nothing unfair about this trade. Both of us have stated our reasoning for making this deal and it's supported by preseason rankings. Fantasy leagues don't have vetoes as an option to prevent such simple deals as this one.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm having a hard time envisioning ANY trade which BF would find acceptable that isn't a swap of two players that fall into the same exact category (speed for speed, power for power, even catcher for catcher).
Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This coming from the guy who gave me Josh Tomlin and Chris Young (Mets) for David Ortiz.
No I readily admit that I ripped you off. That's the difference.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
As for me improving in 3 categories to Yo's 2, I can't believe I have to explain this to you, but the impact of ERA/WHIP for a reliever is far less than that of a starter. Scherzer will throw 3 times as many innings as Bell this year.
Yes, I get that, but Scherzer may not even break league average in ERA/WHIP, so he's no benefit there anyway. We're talking about a guy with a 4.43 ERA and 1.35 WHIP last year.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I'm having a hard time envisioning ANY trade which BF would find acceptable that isn't a swap of two players that fall into the same exact category (speed for speed, power for power, even catcher for catcher).
There are lots of trades I don't veto; yo just pulled a yoda here is all.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Yes, I get that, but Scherzer may not even break league average in ERA/WHIP, so he's no benefit there anyway. We're talking about a guy with a 4.43 ERA and 1.35 WHIP last year.
That is your OPINION. But there's a hell of a lot of room for the complete opposite belief. I've seen advanced stats suggest Scherzer was unlucky last season. He's still gonna strike out 190-200 batters. He's gonna win 15+ games on an obvious playoff team.

Can't people be equally skeptical by the fact that Heath Bell moved out of the best pitcher's park in the majors? Or that his K/9 went down a lot last year? That opinion is out there as much as any concern for Scherzer.

Yo also got a player that's like 8 years younger. Seems like it has its worth in a DYNASTY league.

I'll say it again: if you object to this one, I can't envision a single trade that you'll find acceptable unless it's somehow possible to trade Heath Bell for Heath Bell's clone.

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I mean, I'm open to alternative ways of allow/disallowing trades. We had this discussion last year. An impartial trade judge was suggested, but I'm not changing this to no protests.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scherzer will probably pull a mid 3's ERA, 16 wins, and 180 Ks or so. I don't particularly care for Heath Bell anyway so meh, no big deal.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-28-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Scherzer will probably pull a mid 3's ERA, 16 wins, and 180 Ks or so. I don't particularly care for Heath Bell anyway so meh, no big deal.
Is that a real projection or wishful thinking.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Is that a real projection or wishful thinking.
Why would that be difficult to believe? Scherzer had a 3.50 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 184 strikeouts and 12 wins in 196 innings in 2010. Aside from fewer wins (which came on a mediocre Tigers team), he hit those marks.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would that be difficult to believe? Scherzer had a 3.50 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 184 strikeouts and 12 wins in 196 innings in 2010. Aside from fewer wins (which came on a mediocre Tigers team), he hit those marks.
I'm just busting balls on this point. I need the season to start already.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I'm just busting balls on this point. I need the season to start already.
It did start if you can find feeds at 5 in the morning.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-28-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
It did start if you can find feeds at 5 in the morning.
Real teams. But I think MLB network is airing it tomorrow.

Who has Kimbrel? I'll give you Phil Hughes for him.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Real teams. But I think MLB network is airing it tomorrow.

Who has Kimbrel? I'll give you Phil Hughes for him.
BF has him. Let's play "Guess the verb" he would use to describe a Hughes for Kimbrel swap. Keep in mind he said my trade was a raping.
Closed Thread