Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
LOL. Jughead and Max will NEVER EVER make a trade. They are perfectly content with 5th and 6th place finishes every year.
I won last year and only made 1 trade.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because I turn down your offers doesn't mean I'm incapable of making a trade.

You kept on trying to get my closers last year despite the fact I was struggling in Saves category.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Just because I turn down your offers doesn't mean I'm incapable of making a trade.

You kept on trying to get my closers last year despite the fact I was struggling in Saves category.
It's not a matter of incapability. You don't seem interested to even explore them. I wonder... have you ever approached someone else with a trade request? I don't remember a single trade you've made in all our years.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't know who this comment is directed at, but it doesn't exactly matter.

You've never made a single trade in 3 years of this league to my knowledge, Max.

That's not meant to be taken as criticism though, because you don't seem to have a problem with trades made by other people.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not for a lack of trying.

I have made offers. Several.

Last year I was hunting for a base-stealer. 3 years ago I was hot after a closer.

That 2nd year I finished dead last, so...
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I won last year and only made 1 trade.
Congratulations BF. You're a one hit wonder. Call me when you have multiple championships to brag about.

You're like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who won that one SuperBowl and who nobody really cares about because they failed to establish a dynasty.

Even the Buffalo Bills are more highly thought of and remembered for being great because even though they didn't win the SB, they established a winning dynasty.

SMACK DOWN.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BF, you're mostly the exception to the rule. But I wasn't drawing a correlation between winning and trading (though there probably is a pretty strong one). I was drawing a correlation between trade activity and a willingness to accept that all trades aren't perfect and don't need to be unquestionable equal.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It's not for a lack of trying.

I have made offers. Several.

Last year I was hunting for a base-stealer. 3 years ago I was hot after a closer.

That 2nd year I finished dead last, so...
Sounds like incapability afterall then. LOL.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Congratulations BF. You're a one hit wonder. Call me when you have multiple championships to brag about.

You're like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who won that one SuperBowl and who nobody really cares about because they failed to establish a dynasty.

Even the Buffalo Bills are more highly thought of and remembered for being great because even though they didn't win the SB, they established a winning dynasty.

SMACK DOWN.
You have never won any league I've been in with you.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL. Jughead and Max will NEVER EVER make a trade. They are perfectly content with 5th and 6th place finishes every year.
I made a trade with you last year that I probably get the lesser end. I know I gave you Storen and got back Adams. I was betting on Adams being the no questions closer for Texas this year. I forget the other pieces.

I don't like constant trades. Not one of the things I like about fantasy, especially this early in the year. I like to see how my team looks first, like in real baseball.

I also traded Xio Roy Halladay which may or may not have backfired. I got Stanton and other pieces that ended up being worthless.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I think the issue so far has been the fact that people want WAY too much for good base-stealers and closers.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
BF, you're mostly the exception to the rule. But I wasn't drawing a correlation between winning and trading (though there probably is a pretty strong one). I was drawing a correlation between trade activity and a willingness to accept that all trades aren't perfect and don't need to be unquestionable equal.
If the owners in this league were better, I wouldn't veto anything. And like Jughead, I actually don't veto much. The only trades I've ever vetoed have actually involved you and D with someone else who clearly knows a lot less about fantasy baseball. It's interesting to me that you and D have never traded with each other, but love to trade with yoda. I wonder why.

And to be clear, I don't think yo is a bad owner, I just think since he's new here he clearly underestimated how much he could get for a closer.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-29-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

But I'm guessing that at the time, Jug, you had ample reason to believe that you might win the trade, or at worst, not lose the trade so badly that it would set you back.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You have never won any league I've been in with you.
Hmm... actually never realized that before. New challenge!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
If the owners in this league were better, I wouldn't veto anything. And like Jughead, I actually don't veto much. The only trades I've ever vetoed have actually involved you and D with someone else who clearly knows a lot less about fantasy baseball. It's interesting to me that you and D have never traded with each other, but love to trade with yoda. I wonder why.
D and I actually have traded before a few times over the 8 years this league has been around. Don't you think the mutual hostility between D and I probably has more to do with our lack of trades than anything though? Everything becomes an argument.

I think a lot of people would resent you suggesting they don't know what they're doing solely on the grounds that they'd have to be stupid to make a trade with me because I'm generally successful at fantasy baseball. I have lost plenty of trades. If you want a reason for my fantasy baseball success, I guarantee it has as much to do with simply paying very close attention to the waiver wire and making sure to always have my lineup set. Unsuccessful owners routinely have these shortcomings.

You keep bringing up Yoda. I find that funny because, in hindsight, Yoda won every trade he made last year. We discussed this previously when you went on a similar anti-Yoda trading tirade. You guys prevented me from making a big mistake by vetoing a trade I had with Yoda last year. And honestly, if you really feel like there are such inferior fantasy players in this league, why aren't you trading with them? You have some funky logic.

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-29-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But I'm guessing that at the time, Jug, you had ample reason to believe that you might win the trade, or at worst, not lose the trade so badly that it would set you back.
I was selling. I was in last place at the time, or close to it. Had no chance of winning and had two aces in Roy and Lee. I thought Lee was going to be a Yankee and kept him and decided to deal Roy. I had no power, RBIs, and my lineup was bad. So I traded Roy for Stanton, Beckham, and Dempster. Stanton turned out great, and Beckham has seriously underperformed from what people expected. Dempster was just to fill innings.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I think a lot of people would resent you suggesting they don't know what they're doing solely on the grounds that they'd have to be stupid to make a trade with me because I'm generally successful at fantasy baseball.
I'm sure they would. I challenge them to be competitive; that would make the league much more interesting and then they could have a nice laugh at my expense.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

And to be clear, I don't think yo is a bad owner, I just think since he's new here he clearly underestimated how much he could get for a closer.
We have traded with each other in the past, but the main reason I don't is because he's the guy I'm trying to beat and he knows it so he won't trade back with me!

....and I trade with EVERYONE (except Max of course). Suggesting that I mostly trade with Yoda is ridiculous.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys think I'm not going to gloat if Scherzer starts 5-0 with 45 K's you're crazy haha.

Seriously though, the regular season needs to start in the worst way. This is ridiculous.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Xio, D, and I love bitching like old ladies. Xio acts like he doesn't, but D and I embrace it.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Not to mention drag others into it.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Xio, D, and I love bitching like old ladies. Xio acts like he doesn't, but D and I embrace it.
I like to debate, generally because I'm convinced I'm right, but on occasion because I'm convinced just enough that I'm not wrong.

Too often we argue things that simply fall into a grey area.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Not to mention drag others into it.
If you're a member of a league, you sign up for all that comes with it. This discussion thread is included. No one would pay attention if we only sat around talking about who made a good/bad waiver claim.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you're a member of a league, you sign up for all that comes with it. This discussion thread is included. No one would pay attention if we only sat around talking about who made a good/bad waiver claim.
You know me enough to know that I'm not really the arguing type.

I can debate something for 3-4 posts, but I won't get into 3-4 pages worth of endless back-and-forth bickering.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Did I ever say the reason why I became a Dallas fan?

DRAMA.

You can thank me now for getting that theme song in your heads.
Closed Thread