Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, I haven't had Brad Lidge in weeks!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You get no pity. Zero, zilch, nada! I haven't had Ryan Howard, Michael Morse, or Drew Storen all season long. Neftali Feliz is now on the DL and I would've kept Victor Martinez if not for his dumb injury. ...and there are owners out there worse than me in dealing with injury. PF's team is crazy hurt.
That was not the extent of my injuries. Losing my 1st draft pick, Cory Luebke, who was off to an excellent start, for the season was as costly as you losing Morse or Storen.

And he's having Tommy John, so I lost him as a keeper too since there's no way he'll bounce back in time for next year.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I know, I haven't had Brad Lidge in weeks!
Not as bad as Joakim Soria.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bats are underperforming big time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should have know better than to add a Cardinals hitter that Yoda didn't want. Tyler Greene was a fail for a one-day pickup.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Heath Bell is back, bitches.
Bell blows another one and Cishek comes in for his first career save!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-25-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Clippard with his 2nd consecutive save now also. Finally getting some good luck with my RP strategy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Clippard with his 2nd consecutive save now also. Finally getting some good luck with my RP strategy.
You're lucky I added Burnett instead of Clippard that day. Or that I ever dropped Clippard in the first place.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

It figures that the second my hitting started to straighten out, my pitching would go to hell.

Don't think I can catch BF unless he suffers some injuries like I have to his stars or he has a full team slump for like a month.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't think I can catch BF unless he suffers some injuries like I have to his stars or he has a full team slump for like a month.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Do you always let women do the talking for you, BF?
Old 05-27-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Tina Fey can do whatever she wants.

It's cool if you want to blame your second-class team on injuries. It couldn't just be that my team is better than yours, like it was last year.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Who said I was blaming anything on injuries? I wouldn't be in first if I had Jacoby and Emilio and Luebke, but I'd be in a position where I felt you could be caught.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm just ******* with you. I was either going to go with starting all of my pitchers today, or none of them. Should have stuck with none of them. Mat Latos has been a turd outside of San Diego.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay! I didn't have Cain in my starting roster. :P
Old 05-27-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm just ******* with you. I was either going to go with starting all of my pitchers today, or none of them. Should have stuck with none of them. Mat Latos has been a turd outside of San Diego.
You still got 2 wins out of that nearly 6.00 ERA today
Old 05-27-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oy vey, Dolis has been removed from closing. ****.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You're lucky I added Burnett instead of Clippard that day. Or that I ever dropped Clippard in the first place.
Luck is the residue of design. I also traded for Cishek which is still looking good, Russel will now split time as a closer which I told you last week when you were trying to sell me on Dolis. I also have McGee who's a stud.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Luck is the residue of design. I also traded for Cishek which is still looking good, Russel will now split time as a closer which I told you last week when you were trying to sell me on Dolis. I also have McGee who's a stud.
What's your point exactly?
Old 05-27-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
What's your point exactly?
That it's not luck as you called it. Also Wilmhelmsen all be splitting duties as a closer now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
That it's not luck as you called it. Also Wilmhelmsen all be splitting duties as a closer now.
You did get lucky. You can't take credit for the fact that I chose the wrong player to add, given the choice of two.

It doesn't mean either of those guys will be a usable closer for more than 3 days. I added Shawn Camp, who is reportedly splitting closer duties with Russell. Chances are better that they'll both be pretty terrible.

Last edited by Xiomera : 05-27-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You did get lucky. You can't take credit for the fact that I chose the wrong player to add, given the choice of two.

It doesn't mean either of those guys will be a usable closer for more than 3 days. I added Shawn Camp, who is reportedly splitting closer duties with Russell. Chances are better that they'll both be pretty terrible.
Russel has been excellent this year. It's not luck that I picked him up. Anyone in the league could have but I was smart enough to actually do it. Its not my fault you made a terrible decision.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Russel has been excellent this year. It's not luck that I picked him up. Anyone in the league could have but I was smart enough to actually do it. Its not my fault you made a terrible decision.
I didn't say it was luck that you picked up Russell. I said you lucked into getting the Nationals closer by picking up option B after I guessed option A would get the first save opportunity. The decision was made for you.

I don't know what you're looking for here. Me to pat you on the back? Saves can be found, but they're rarely ones you can depend on for long.

Last edited by Xiomera : 05-27-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Why are you looking for congratulations?

D got Fernando Rodney before there was any indication he'd ever close. I got Santiago Casilla before there was ever even a sniff of Wilson being injured. Those guys have been excellent.

Russell and Wilhelmsen don't even have a single save yet. You don't know that they're going to be successful. They could easily turn into the next Cishek and Dolis, who don't keep their roles for long. Wilhelmsen's ERA is 4.44 and his WHIP is 1.40. The value of a few saves from them just may be negated by their poor stats otherwise.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm not looking for congratulations. I'm not in 1st and won't be. Stop acting like a little *****.

sig by BoneKrusher
Closed Thread