Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, people are still free to make their own decisions. But I think rejecting any trade that doesn't involve collusion is pretty stupid for what its worth.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shocking that Bell blew up yet again today. That was a bad trade.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-08-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Shocking that Bell blew up yet again today. That was a bad trade.
Did you see Kuroda's line on Friday?

You guys should have vetoed it, I guess. It fit the needs of the respective teams. Neither guy was a keeper for either party.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Prince had come here explaining his rationale, maybe people would have been swayed enough to refrain.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
If Prince had come here explaining his rationale, maybe people would have been swayed enough to refrain.
I don't think he was given time to. He also hasn't been on the forum a lot. It would take a couple days just to hear back from him during trade talks. Not sure why though. My main thing is that I don't know why you think it's right to go PM'ing guys in order to get them to reject trades. Nobody else does that.

I didn't think Uggla for Weaver was fair, but I didn't reject it. I especially didn't go around telling guys to gang up on you and reject it. That's low man.

I know you think Lincecum and Young aren't keeper worthy, but that's because your team is stacked. To me they are. I would have an equally hard time deciding between who to keep between Lincecum, Young, Rollins and Victorino. In the end, I'd probably keep Lincecum and Rollins. You act like some great travesty occurred.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think he was given time to. He also hasn't been on the forum a lot. It would take a couple days just to hear back from him during trade talks. Not sure why though. My main thing is that I don't know why you think it's right to go PM'ing guys in order to get them to reject trades. Nobody else does that.

I didn't think Uggla for Weaver was fair, but I didn't reject it. I especially didn't go around telling guys to gang up on you and reject it. That's low man.

I know you think Lincecum and Young aren't keeper worthy, but that's because your team is stacked. To me they are. I would have an equally hard time deciding between who to keep between Lincecum, Young, Rollins and Victorino. In the end, I'd probably keep Lincecum and Rollins. You act like some great travesty occurred.
Out of curiosity, how do you know whether I sent a PM to a league member?

No great travesty has been described. I vetoed this trade because it clearly makes the worst team in the league even worse. It's taking from the poor and there's really no way of viewing the trade, as composed, as even a break-even for Prince. Yes, as commish, I'm concerned by the further depreciation of the last place, relatively inactive team's roster for the sake of league-wide competitiveness.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how do you know whether I sent a PM to a league member?

No great travesty has been described. I vetoed this trade because it clearly makes the worst team in the league even worse. It's taking from the poor and there's really no way of viewing the trade, as composed, as even a break-even for Prince. Yes, as commish, I'm concerned by the further depreciation of the last place, relatively inactive team's roster for the sake of league-wide competitiveness.
I had a hunch that you did and when I asked you about it, you gave me the answer by not denying it.

As for you being concerned about the last place team, how come you didn't feel that way when you made a trade with yo getting Bell for Scherzer? You see, you always come up with justification that works for you. You basically raped him from ever having a chance in Saves... and gave him a SP... the last thing he needed. You took advantage of him not knowing about the innings pitched restrictions. Otherwise he would've known that you can't just field a team of SPs.

You definitely weren't worried about yo when you sucked Weaver away from him for Uggla, knowing that Utley's return was right around the corner.

But now, you're all concerned over what PF did. PF is a grown ass man who is very capable of making his own decisions on his team and he's not inactive just because he's in last place. Baseball players go through highs and lows in their careers, and Lincecum is young enough to turn things around. In the majority of his bad outings, he had been pitching good, but it's been that 1 killer inning that has gotten him. Suggesting he's not keeper worthy is just arrogance.

I don't know why you think it's your responsibility to control what the last place team (or any other team outside of your own) does. It goes beyond the way everyone else plays the game. You have a sense of overpowering control when you feel like it's your responsibility to take over the decision making of other teams and dictate to them what is right or wrong for them. PF isn't the type to give up on his team. EVER. That's why you invited him into the league in the first place. You know what kind of player/poster he is and you know he's not an idiot/quitter.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I had a hunch that you did and when I asked you about it, you gave me the answer by not denying it.
But it certainly had nothing to do with your ability to read my Private Messages with your administrative powers as you did earlier today, huh?

OK, D.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for you being concerned about the last place team, how come you didn't feel that way when you made a trade with yo getting Bell for Scherzer? You see, you always come up with justification that works for you. You basically raped him from ever having a chance in Saves... and gave him a SP... the last thing he needed. You took advantage of him not knowing about the innings pitched restrictions. Otherwise he would've known that you can't just field a team of SPs.

You definitely weren't worried about yo when you sucked Weaver away from him for Uggla, knowing that Utley's return was right around the corner.

But now, you're all concerned over what PF did. PF is a grown ass man who is very capable of making his own decisions on his team and he's not inactive just because he's in last place. Baseball players go through highs and lows in their careers, and Lincecum is young enough to turn things around. In the majority of his bad outings, he had been pitching good, but it's been that 1 killer inning that has gotten him. Suggesting he's not keeper worthy is just arrogance.

I don't know why you think it's your responsibility to control what the last place team (or any other team outside of your own) does. It goes beyond the way everyone else plays the game. You have a sense of overpowering control when you feel like it's your responsibility to take over the decision making of other teams and dictate to them what is right or wrong for them. PF isn't the type to give up on his team. EVER. That's why you invited him into the league in the first place. You know what kind of player/poster he is and you know he's not an idiot/quitter.

I'm not really sure exactly how you can possibly still perceive Bell/Scherzer for xio ripping me off.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:

I'm confused for several reasons.

1) Yo wasn't in last place and never has been. The trade occured prior to the season and Yo had taken over HChu's team, which finished fourth from last in 2011. I don't see how that's a similar scenario.

2) We addressed this over and over when the trade was made. There was no mistake about what Yo was doing when he punted the saves category. I think Yo can attest to this, as he has repeatedly defended his rationale.

3) How can you possibly be arguing that that trade was lopsided? Heath Bell's struggles are even worse than Scherzer's have been. Very recently, Max was leading the American League in strikeouts.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:

Last season, you managed to get one of my trades vetoed, and I was able to modify the trade so that it was acceptable in the eyes of voters. How about you try the same thing?

Again, if Prince would like to defend his half of the trade, he's welcome to. Involvement in this league thread has never been a requirement, but it only stands to benefit a member in their efforts to control their roster uninhibited by league vetoes.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
But it certainly had nothing to do with your ability to read my Private Messages with your administrative powers as you did earlier today, huh?

OK, D.
LOL, YOU told me that you did it!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
LOL, YOU told me that you did it!
You're right. I never denied it.

But if you could spare everyone your attempt to gain the moral highground, that'd be great. Reading our private messages is really not going to win you any support.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm confused for several reasons.

1) Yo wasn't in last place and never has been. The trade occured prior to the season and Yo had taken over HChu's team, which finished fourth from last in 2011. I don't see how that's a similar scenario.

2) We addressed this over and over when the trade was made. There was no mistake about what Yo was doing when he punted the saves category. I think Yo can attest to this, as he has repeatedly defended his rationale.

3) How can you possibly be arguing that that trade was lopsided? Heath Bell's struggles are even worse than Scherzer's have been. Very recently, Max was leading the American League in strikeouts.
OK, my mistake he wasn't in last place, but the point remains, it shouldn't ever matter what place you are in. I just brought it up because you brought it up that PF's team should be treated differently since he's in last. Shouldn't he have the power to decide what he wants to do with his team?

When the trade was first made, I wasn't the only one who thought it was a mistake by yo. The worst one was Uggla for Weaver though. How did you get away with that? I regret not vetoing it now. I gave you the respect, but didn't know that wouldn't be reciprocated.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I regret making the trade, but when Uggla is a 35 homer guy from the second basemen spot again its not going to look as bad. He went through a bad stretch like this last year too.

Bell/Scherzer I don't regret in the slightest. I won that trade.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

D, you're welcome to leave the league, as you've threatened to before. I do believe you've come to a similar impasse before over the subject of trade vetoes.

I don't see anyone aside from you coming out in defense of today's trade attempt.

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-08-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This business of evaluating trades in hindsight is completely baseless. If a trade isn't vetoed as it occurs, then it stands, obviously. Every trade that will ever get made will eventually reveal a "winner." Very often, however, the context of the trade (positional needs at the time, stats at the time, injuries) will be completely lost in retrospective analysis.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You're right. I never denied it.

But if you could spare everyone your attempt to gain the moral highground, that'd be great. Reading our private messages is really not going to win you any support.
Yeah, I'm the bad guy. You should have no guilt.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D, you're welcome to leave the league, as you've threatened to before. I do believe you've come to a similar impasse before over the subject of trade vetoes.

I don't see anyone aside from you coming out in defense of today's trade attempt.
As much as I think I can. I can't. As much as I want to. I won't. It's a sickness. I don't know how to get over.

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-09-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st place going into the break!! I'll take it. My biggest regret up to this point has been missing out on most of Rasmus' big numbers. He has 17 HR's and I only started him for 6 of them and about half his R and RBI.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much as I think I can. I can't. As much as I want to. I won't. It's a sickness. I don't know how to get over.
Its me, I'll make it public. D-Unit can't get away from me, I am so loveable. I compare myself to the Cubs.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feeling solid about my team. My hitting is great and should improve marginally with a few guys who were slumping for various reasons.

My pitching is surprisingly holding up pretty well considering the injuries I've had and the number of guys who have been flat out terrible. Hopefully when Dan Haren returns he can improve on the 4.86 ERA/1.41 WHIP abortion he pitched in the first half.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm feeling solid about my team. My hitting is great and should improve marginally with a few guys who were slumping for various reasons.

My pitching is surprisingly holding up pretty well considering the injuries I've had and the number of guys who have been flat out terrible. Hopefully when Dan Haren returns he can improve on the 4.86 ERA/1.41 WHIP abortion he pitched in the first half.
Should be a good race to the finish!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm locked into third place it seems.

Jacoby Ellsbury will be back within 2 weeks if anyone wants to try and acquire him. I'm leading in steals and runs, so I'd like to move him for a player who produces most at other stats I need more.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'd like to hear from Prince before I sign off on this really similar pending trade between he and D.

It's fairer, but still doesn't make much sense from his perspective. The guy he's dropping probably has more fantasy value than Jon Jay, who he's acquiring.

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-12-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Closed Thread