Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't be vetoing. I just think Prince should comment. Finding believers in Lincecum is a tall task.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'd like to hear from Prince before I sign off on this really similar pending trade between he and D.

It's fairer, but still doesn't make much sense from his perspective. The guy he's dropping probably has more fantasy value than Jon Jay, who he's acquiring.
Well, he wants Jay. He asked for Jay before I ever offered him. Just so you don't think I was force feeding him to PF or that I coersed him into taking him.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That trade is totally reasonable. Even if you think Lincecum is worthless or not worth keeping, it's not a steep price to pay to rent him for the rest of the season to find out.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a fine trade. Lincecum is pitching much better than his E.R.A would indicate. I can see him having a good 2nd half.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's a fine trade. Lincecum is pitching much better than his E.R.A would indicate. I can see him having a good 2nd half.
He really isn't. You have to go deeper, and see how unbelievably high his line drive rate is, combining that with his stupid placement from the stretch. Not saying it's a bad trade because I think it's fine, just saying he looks done.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He really isn't. You have to go deeper, and see how unbelievably high his line drive rate is, combining that with his stupid placement from the stretch. Not saying it's a bad trade because I think it's fine, just saying he looks done.
His K/9 is slightly up but I agree his LD rate is scary but I think he'll get that under control and pitch slightly better. I'm not saying he'll become his old self again but he won't be as epically bad as he is now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Lincecum is due for a surgery still. He's not a guy that's worth keeping at the expense of a reliable player.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I think Lincecum is due for a surgery still. He's not a guy that's worth keeping at the expense of a reliable player.
Just make sure you suck in the 2nd half so I don't have to worry about you and BF. Thanks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Just make sure you suck in the 2nd half so I don't have to worry about you and BF. Thanks.
Jacoby is back tomorrow. Bonifacio next, then Halladay, C.C., Colby Lewis, and finally Tulowitzki.

I think you'll have to worry a bit.

EDIT: Oh, and Wil Myers says Hi
Old 07-12-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Jacoby is back tomorrow. Bonifacio next, then Halladay, C.C., Colby Lewis, and finally Tulowitzki.

I think you'll have to worry a bit.

EDIT: Oh, and Wil Myers says Hi
Yeah I know that's why I'm nervous. If Myers comes up soon and does well it's rampage time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-14-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

My pitching is insanely good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-14-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
My pitching is insanely good.
Mine should be much better. Ugh.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

So, Jose Bautista probably just broke his wrist.

This is not meant to be my year. Holy hell, injuries. Holy ******* hell.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Ellsbury, Tulowitzki, Sabathia, Halladay, Luebke, Bautista, Avila, Bonifacio, Lewis, Dirks, Lucroy

Valuable players I've lost for significant chunks of the season due to injuries. That's 7 of my 12 keepers and my 1st round pick.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Ortiz.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm looking for HR and RBI if anyone needs SP.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-17-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anybody have a medicore infielder they'd trade for a mediocre outfielder (Torii Hunter perhaps)?

I'm suddenly without options in my infield.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive lost Stanton and Votto in the last week. There goes the little power I had.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Can everyone please vote against the trade that went through? D changed his mind at the last minute so deal is off now. Please veto.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-18-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Can everyone please vote against the trade that went through? D changed his mind at the last minute so deal is off now. Please veto.
I think there is some misunderstanding. I didn't change my mind that I wanted to cancel the trade all together. I just regretted trading for CJ when earlier in the day you had offered Crawford. So I did regret not doing the Crawford one, but I'm still good with CJ. There's no need for people to reject this on behalf of me not wanting it.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You said you are really regretting it with Wilson. I dont know what to do.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-18-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You guys agreed to it and there's no reason for overturning what looks like a very fair trade.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Travis Wood is a dick. I should have stuck with my policy of never adding Cubs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Travis Wood is a dick. I should have stuck with my policy of never adding Cubs.
I've had lousy luck, too, with adding guys who are on hot streaks right up to the point I put them in my lineup.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Even though he was drafted I call that Colby Rasmus syndrome. Whenever I start him he turns to ****.

With that said I can't believe you're in 2nd now and BF is 3rd.

sig by BoneKrusher
Closed Thread