Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Ugh....19 innings of 1-run pitching left on the bench tonight. I have the worst luck when it comes to starting or benching people this year.
I had two wins on my bench last night, too. And I left Avila's first homer in two months on my bench today, while Salty didn't even play tonight's game. Ugh.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pitching has gone to **** if it makes you 2 feel better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Altuve up for trade for a closer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ugghh my E.R.A. this week has gone to ****.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Altuve up for trade for a closer.
Can I have someone better than Altuve?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

God damn, I should have started Tommy Milone. Even against the Yankees, he pitches like a Cy Young winner at home.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anyone need a closer? I've got Jim Johnson, Ryan Cook and Jason Motte available — all of which should be very good keeper options since they've got great stats and job security.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone interested in Trevor Bauer or Danny Hultzen?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Aaaaaand Colby Lewis is out for the season. The adventure continues.

I'm just hoping for some sort of karmic compensation for the health of my team next year. Lewis was having an excellent year.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Aaaaaand Colby Lewis is out for the season. The adventure continues.

I'm just hoping for some sort of karmic compensation for the health of my team next year. Lewis was having an excellent year.
Crap. This is bad news for my favorite team AND my AL Only league team.

Hopefully, the Rangers feel compelled to trade for Cliff Lee.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank god for the AL only league, cause I'm not winning this one.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't know what you did injure my guys in that league, but good job.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Taking the Xio reverse jinx step I see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Taking the Xio reverse jinx step I see.
I'm gonna need that to work one more time in order to get back in this. I keep telling myself there's still 2+ months left this season. Really need Bautista back.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I've picked wrong on when to start Ian Kennedy every single time since I acquired him.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Lincecum has been on fire since I traded him. F you guys for rejecting my first deal. It was more than fair.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Lincecum has been on fire since I traded him. F you guys for rejecting my first deal. It was more than fair.
Extremely small sample size. One of those starts was against the Astros.

We're not having this debate.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Extremely small sample size. One of those starts was against the Astros.

We're not having this debate.
You could also say that 1 first half of the season is a smalll sample size compared to his career numbers.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

D, you came to this thread after every decent Lincecum start to proclaim that he was "back" in the early months of this season, only for him to allow a ton of runs in his very next start.

You could just as easily say Youkilis is "back" and you just got him.

The second trade that was permitted was fair. You're welcome to leave the league if you're going to continue to make a big deal of this. Every single trade looks different as time passes. People don't have the advantage of hindsight when they evaluate it while it's pending.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D, you came to this thread after every decent Lincecum start to proclaim that he was "back" in the early months of this season, only for him to allow a ton of runs in his very next start.

You could just as easily say Youkilis is "back" and you just got him.

The second trade that was permitted was fair. You're welcome to leave the league if you're going to continue to make a big deal of this. Every single trade looks different as time passes. People don't have the advantage of hindsight when they evaluate it while it's pending.
Hahaha. Everytime you say I'm welcomed to leave I get a stronger feeling to stay. I love being the thorn in your side.

Besides, talking about stuff like this (revisitng trade talk) is what makes a good league good. The sooner you recognize that, the sooner you'll appreciate it.

If you want me to not talk about it... too bad. Trash talk is good.

My wife tells me all the time that I'm good at pushing people's buttons... but you gotta know that there is never any true underlying anger beneath it all. Behind the trash talk there is no hate...only love. ...and you should know that Xio, you're like my blood brother already.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm at the point where I want to shake up my team for next season. I'll trade elite players for elite players if anyone is in the same boat and wants to shake things up to make it more interesting as we head into Year 4 of this dynasty league.

All of these guys are available in a swap for other big-name players:

Justin Upton, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jose Bautista, Roy Halladay, C.C. Sabathia, Alex Rios, Jim Johnson, Wil Myers, James McDonald, Ian Kennedy, Matt Garza.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Not naming names, but there's a couple people in this league that aren't setting their lineups daily anymore. You will be replaced next season if it's evident you've stopped paying attention.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If any of these owners don't care about their teams can we make a trade? ;)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Will anyone catch me? If so what do you think I can do to hold them off?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Will anyone catch me? If so what do you think I can do to hold them off?
You've got this.
Closed Thread