Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cuts entire starting lineup

Franchises 31 year old Mathis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:34 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question of who would win Alabama or Indianapolis doesnt seem to crazy now. The Colts will basically have a rookies and scrubs on the field in most positions. The only good players they'll have is Bethea, Mathis, Angerer and Luck.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:29 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mathis already signed a 4yr/32 million extension if I am not mistaken.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
I think Mathis already signed a 4yr/32 million extension if I am not mistaken.
Which is why i said one of the only good players they'll have is Mathis...

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Leo
Rookie

Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brackett:
Savings of $0.2MM to the 2012 cap
Savings of $9MM to the 2013 cap
Savings of $9MM to the 2014 cap

Bullitt:
Savings of $1.065MM to 2012 cap
Savings of $3.735MM to 2013 cap

Clark:
Savings of $1.74MM to 2012 cap
Savings of $8.12MM to 2013 cap

Addai:
Savings of $1.04MM to 2012 cap
Savings of $4.93MM to 2013 cap

Painter:
Savings of $0.565MM to 2012 cap

If Freeney is cut or traded they save $14.035MM to the 2012 cap.

Even though it's tough for Colts fans, especially post-Manning, cutting those players was the right thing to do, crucial really.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts have to be the worst run franchise in the league if this off season is any example. If I was Luck, I'd refuse to sign with them ad normally I hate QB's who do this, but come on, do they even care to win, doesn't look like it and Luck is goping to get killed playing for them.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw on Sportscenter that Diem is a FA as well.

So your hwole leadership falls on basically Robert Mathis, who will probably have a down year trying to figure out how to play OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Hmmmmmm.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Brackett:
Savings of $0.2MM to the 2012 cap
Savings of $9MM to the 2013 cap
Savings of $9MM to the 2014 cap

Bullitt:
Savings of $1.065MM to 2012 cap
Savings of $3.735MM to 2013 cap

Clark:
Savings of $1.74MM to 2012 cap
Savings of $8.12MM to 2013 cap

Addai:
Savings of $1.04MM to 2012 cap
Savings of $4.93MM to 2013 cap

Painter:
Savings of $0.565MM to 2012 cap

If Freeney is cut or traded they save $14.035MM to the 2012 cap.

Even though it's tough for Colts fans, especially post-Manning, cutting those players was the right thing to do, crucial really.
Yeah, if yop are in a 10 to 15 year rebuilding mode. If I was Luck, I'd insist on a trade because this team doesn't want to win. I really feel sorry for Indy fans because when they got rid of Polian, this franchise looks headed for the cross.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Yeah, if yop are in a 10 to 15 year rebuilding mode. If I was Luck, I'd insist on a trade because this team doesn't want to win. I really feel sorry for Indy fans because when they got rid of Polian, this franchise looks headed for the cross.
Well, every move they have made thus far has been a smart one. They cleared up a lot of cap space and didn't really lose anyone of much value at all.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Well, every move they have made thus far has been a smart one. They cleared up a lot of cap space and didn't really lose anyone of much value at all.
And where are they going to find a team?????? All the top NFL teams have been built through the draft. Green Bay hasn't signed a FA in 3 years.

What good is cap space if you have no foundation to add to. FA's don't get you championships, they just add the final pieces.

They may get Luck to sign as a rookie but I'll bet he moves on after his rookie contract is done when he realizes he has come to a team going nowhere.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And where are they going to find a team?????? All the top NFL teams have been built through the draft. Green Bay hasn't signed a FA in 3 years.

What good is cap space if you have no foundation to add to. FA's don't get you championships, they just add the final pieces.

They may get Luck to sign as a rookie but I'll bet he moves on after his rookie contract is done when he realizes he has come to a team going nowhere.
Oh no the Colts released a load of players no one will want becasue their either past it or no good. How could they?!

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

You say the Packers, but if you noticed other teams (Saints, Patriots, Falcons,Jets,) all got some of their main players in Free Agency.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Oh no the Colts released a load of players no one will want becasue their either past it or no good. How could they?!
You do realize how many players the Colts have lost and they aren't all past it or no good????

You tell me where do you find 15 starters in 5 months???

Would you want to be an Indy fan?????

Will Luck survive physically with no OL, no WR's, no TE and no defense????

It is going to be very ugly and a disgrace for Indy fans and the NFL, especially if Luck gets a serious injury.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
You do realize how many players the Colts have lost and they aren't all past it or no good????

You tell me where do you find 15 starters in 5 months???

Would you want to be an Indy fan?????

Will Luck survive physically with no OL, no WR's, no TE and no defense????

It is going to be very ugly and a disgrace for Indy fans and the NFL.
Find starters in FA and Draft, and a couple that was backups (Pat Angrerer comes to mind)

If I was a true Indy fan before, I'd still be a Indy fan....

You do realize they still have other picks this year, in a solid 2-4th round WR group and OT group?

How is it a disgrace? Someone always has to lose a game, not all teams can go 8-8 and it be even.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Find starters in FA and Draft, and a couple that was backups (Pat Angrerer comes to mind)

If I was a true Indy fan before, I'd still be a Indy fan....

You do realize they still have other picks this year, in a solid 2-4th round WR group and OT group?

How is it a disgrace? Someone always has to lose a game, not all teams can go 8-8 and it be even.
The draft is a crapshoot and the best of teams find 3 starters a draft, many of whom take a year or 2 to fully develop into starters. Indy will need to be perfect with no flops just to get back to 8 wins in 4 years. One or 2 slips and it could easily turn into a decade especially considering their GM is inexperienced and learning on the job.

FA is a place where smart teaqms add the final pieces to the puzzle, you cannot build a team through FA. Besides what decent FA's will want to sign with Indy, a team going nowhere.

Just be glad you are not an Indy fan because this mess could take a decade to correct.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
The draft is a crapshoot and the best of teams find 3 starters a draft, many of whom take a year or 2 to fully develop into starters. Indy will need to be perfect with no flops just to get back to 8 wins in 4 years. One or 2 slips and it could easily turn into a decade especially considering their GM is inexperienced and learning on the job.

FA is a place where smart teaqms add the final pieces to the puzzle, you cannot build a team through FA. Besides what decent FA's will want to sign with Indy, a team going nowhere.

Just be glad you are not an Indy fan because this mess could take a decade to correct.
So the Bucs who won 10 games 2 years ago who did a complete overhaul was just luck I guess.

Everythings a crapshoot when it comes to the NFL. A player can regress, or go to a new system and suck (Jason David).... To say it will be a 10 year rebuilding mode with the guys in the scouting department that the Colts have is quite a stretch.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Tell me who the Colts will miss then.

Dallas Clark - Lost it...
Curtis Painter - Oh no!
Addai - Average running back.
Brackett - Overpaid, getting old, can be replaced.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Leo
Rookie

Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it will take them 3-4 years to get back. 10-15 is nonsense. Look, these players, while they were important to the Colts during their run, are either not worth their contracts, injury prone or getting old.

Clark: Older and in obvious decline overpaid

Bracket: Replaced by Angerer, who is just as good. Also overpaid

Bullitt: Never was anything other than a role player an average starter and has a chronic shoulder issue (need shoulder to tackle)

Wayne: Wants 1 WR money but only has 1-2 years left of that type of production. People hit the wall at a certain point 34-35ish and it’s over…ask Marvin Harrison

Addai: Most overrated player of the era. Good guy buy his best skill is pass blocking. Will make a good 3rd down back somewhere

Freeney: Still a beast but clearly wants out because he wont restructure knowing that they won’t carry him at 19mil. Freeney is more suited to a 4-3 anyways would be a situational player in a 3-4 and still productive but not an every down player which is not worthy of huge dollars.

These moves had to be done, for the long term health of the Colts.

Last edited by Leo : 03-10-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:

Curtis Painter - Oh no!
Id be more upset losing Saturday in FA, who clearly will not be back.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's a bit of a cliche, but sometimes you have to take a step-back in order to take two steps forward. Is the draft a crapshoot? Absolutely, but you have to have the confidence in yourself as a GM that you can and will find good players. The Colts are currently moving away from the Peyton Manning era. They know that they won't be in a position to contend for the next couple of years, so they might as well try for as fresh of a start as possible. Lukcily for them, they already have the most important piece of any rebuild, a potential franchise QB in Andrew Luck.

As others have pointed out in the thread, they didn't exactly release franchise players here. Addai's pretty much the text-book definition of an average running back. Dallas Clark is going to be 33 in June and is coming off the worst season of his career. Melvin Bullit's played in 6 games the past two season, and even when he's healthy he's just ok. The Colts are a bad team who are going to be bad next year as well. If you're going to suck, you might as well suck with cheap, young guys.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Curtis Painter - Oh no!
Dallas Clark had an injury, if he's recovered, he's an All Pro TE. Then there is Reggie Wayne, Garcon, Diem, Anthony Gonzalea(coming off an injury), Joseph Addai, a productive RB, Jeff Saturday, all Pro OC,

When you cut 15 staters some of which were all pros, you lose not only starters but leadership to show the younger players how to play the game.

This is far wose than what Tampa Bay did a few years ago, this is cutting practically everybody. This is a complete dump of which I have never seen before. It is unprecedented.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Dallas Clark had an injury, if he's recovered, he's an All Pro TE. Then there is Reggie Wayne, Garcon, Diem, Anthony Gonzalea(coming off an injury), Joseph Addai, a productive RB, Jeff Saturday, all Pro OC,

When you cut 15 staters some of which were all pros, you lose not only starters but leadership to show the younger players how to play the game.

This is far wose than what Tampa Bay did a few years ago, this is cutting practically everybody. This is a complete dump of which I have never seen before. It is unprecedented.
Addai sucks
Dallas regressed this year when someone other then Peyton threw to him
Diem is old and lost a step
Saturday hurts (I mentioned just before) but he is like 35?
Wayne hurts, but knowing they wouldn't have Peyton he wouldn't come
Gonzalez is injury prone, like White

Dont you think some of those guys were All-Pros because of Peyton? I can say without a doubt some of the reason Jahri and Nicks are All-Pros is because Brees.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're cutting most of the starters from a 2-14 team. Oh no. Those guys all had a chance to keep their job this past season, and then we realized that most of them were only employed because of Peyton.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Addai sucks
Dallas regressed this year when someone other then Peyton threw to him
Diem is old and lost a step
Saturday hurts (I mentioned just before) but he is like 35?
Wayne hurts, but knowing they wouldn't have Peyton he wouldn't come
Gonzalez is injury prone, like White

Dont you think some of those guys were All-Pros because of Peyton? I can say without a doubt some of the reason Jahri and Nicks are All-Pros is because Brees.
This.

The only important players the Colts are losing is becasue of running out contracts not becasue of releasing anyone.

Saturday and Wayne will probably be the only loss.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

And because Wayne will get mad money your looking at another 3rd rounder atleast