Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

glad that the speculation is over, now the Vikings just have to not screw it up by passing on Kalil.

Those mother ******* are going to screw this up some how, i just know it.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
Agreed. And it is a better trade than what the Raiders gave up for the 30 year old disgruntled Carson Palmer. The Raiders still keep the "I got raped in the trade" trophy.

Carson Palmer for a first and a second or Griffin for two first and a second? Touch choice...

That just brings this trade into perspective.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best part is this "should" stop the local KC radio from talking about RG3 to KC.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns fans I was with last night wanted to cry when they heard this. They have no faith in getting Manning or Flynn to that city.

Huge risk for the Redskins, but I think it's worth it. If he turns out to be their franchise QB he's definitely worth it, and makes the NFC East just that much more fun.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if he doesn't turn out to be a franchise QB? I'm still surprised there seems to be so much certainty that RGIII will be great. It just always worries me when QBs fly up the boards like he did. Rarely do those guys ever end up being the goods. Was anyone talking about RGIII before the season began.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap Snyder. You definitly have balls to pull out a trade like this.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did the Skins get raped? Yeah. Is RGIII worth getting raped? Yeah. I like the deal for both teams. Garcon/Colston/VJax about to cash in.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Annnnnd the NFC East arms race continues. Phase 1 of the arms race is complete, RGIII is a Redskin.

I can't wait, we'll see Mario Williams/Brandon Carr on the Cowboys, RGIII/Vincent Jackson/Manningham/Finnegan on the Redskins, Curtis Lofton/Randy Moss on the Eagles....

Aaaaaaand, the Giants big offseason move is going to be a longterm contract with our punter.

Typical NFC East offseason.

If I see you complain about the Offseason Super Bowl one more time after your recent successes, I'm going to slap you. It's not fair.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. You sound spoiled BBD. :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this move! Franchise QBs are a premium, if you have a chance to get one, then ante up and go all in! That's what they did and I think it's a very ballsy move. I like that. Now having said that, I hope he is an epic failure and bust for DC.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What if he doesn't turn out to be a franchise QB? I'm still surprised there seems to be so much certainty that RGIII will be great. It just always worries me when QBs fly up the boards like he did. Rarely do those guys ever end up being the goods. Was anyone talking about RGIII before the season began.
Again, what if he doesnt bust? The Redskins are a Superbowl contender every year. It is well worth the risk.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Again, what if he doesnt bust? The Redskins are a Superbowl contender every year. It is well worth the risk.
To me it just smells of desperation and despair. I would also be worried that it seems like only the Browns and Redskins were fighting over him. It's like two starving homeless people fighting for a scrap of food. I have one friends who is a huge Redskins fan and he didn't want Manning because he said they need so much more than a QB. Well if that's the case, the Skins just screwed themselves over.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please stop saying the Redskins only gave up 2 firsts. It makes you seem like you don't know how to count.

They gave up 4 picks. They got 1 pick back.

When the Bears traded for Cutler, they gave up 3 picks and 1 player, and got 1 pick and 1 player back. The things they got back doesn't mean they gave less. It just means they got stuff back. I mean, jesus....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Der....what? Lots of teams have great quarterbacks and aren't Superbowl contenders, unless you're counting like, half the league in that category.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Please stop saying the Redskins only gave up 2 firsts. It makes you seem like you don't know how to count.

They gave up 4 picks. They got 1 pick back.

When the Bears traded for Cutler, they gave up 3 picks and 1 player, and got 1 pick and 1 player back. The things they got back doesn't mean they gave less. It just means they got stuff back. I mean, jesus....
The Redskins gave up 3 first round picks and got 1 in return.

3 -1 = 2 if im not mistaken.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
The Redskins gave up 3 first round picks and got 1 in return.

3 -1 = 2 if im not mistaken.
Uh huh....so they gave up 3 first round picks. It's in your own ******* example.

If I give you three apples and you give me one, I don't give you two apples; I give you three mother ******* apples. I net lose two apples. It's not the same thing.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Der....what? Lots of teams have great quarterbacks and aren't Superbowl contenders, unless you're counting like, half the league in that category.
Which teams have elite quarterbacks and arent superbowl contenders?

Rodgers -yes
Brees - yes
Brady - yes
Mannning - yes
Manning - yes
Stafford - yes

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Uh huh....so they gave up 3 first round picks. It's in your own ******* example.
So they lost 2 first round picks.

They could give up 11 first round picks but it wouldnt make a difference. Its what you get in return that defines how good the trade was.

RIP themaninblack
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Which teams have elite quarterbacks and arent superbowl contenders?

Rodgers -yes
Brees - yes
Brady - yes
Mannning - yes
Manning - yes
Stafford - yes
Ok fair enough. If you think he'll be a top 7 quarterback.

Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I'm curious to see what the Browns were potentially offering. Because there basically was some sort of precedent set with Eli's trade and this was way over value, for what seems like a lesser prospect at the time.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not fair to compare this to the Eli trade because the top picks have way more value now because the contracts aren't as outrageous.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
So they lost 2 first round picks.

They could give up 11 first round picks but it wouldnt make a difference. Its what you get in return that defines who good the trade was.
I....WHAT?!?!?

A trade isn't about what you lose. It's a swap. It's a comparison of relative value. You can't just act like one of those picks doesn't exist. The Redskins had the chance to draft 4 players with high picks, and traded all four of those chances to draft 1 player. If that 1 player is better than all 4 of those collectively, it's a good trade. If he's not, they gave up too much.

But that's the only way to look at this. You can't act like if they didn't make the trade, they wouldn't have also had a chance to draft someone else.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's not fair to compare this to the Eli trade because the top picks have way more value now because the contracts aren't as outrageous.
I don't think that's really the case for a QB. Teams never really tried to get out of #1 with a QB on the board. It was always guys in 3-5 trying to trade down. Regardless moving up from 4 to 1 is suppose to be greater value than 6 to 2.

But the main difference would be if the Browns were a serious bidder. No one else was really trying to trade up for Eli.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:

Carson Palmer for a first and a second or Griffin for two first and a second? Touch choice...

That just brings this trade into perspective.
Perfect example (which is wrong).

The Raiders gave up 2 picks and got one player back in return.

The Redskins gave up 4 picks and got one pick in return.

By your example, it seems like the Redskins only gave up 3 picks. Which is wrong.

How the **** is this so hard to understand.......

Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't wanna jinx anything but uhhh what if sometime after the deal is made official by the league RG3 tears and ACL or suffers some other injury that puts him out for the year ? What do you do then Washington ?
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote