Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-11-2012, 06:01 AM    (permalink
richardriderNF
Rookie

richardriderNF richardriderNF richardriderNF richardriderNF richardriderNF

RG3 is what DC needs. The sky is the limit for him. http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/0...-lovely-prayer
richardriderNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I think Flynn goes to Cleveland, Manning to Arizona, and Miami and Seattle duke it out for Tannehill.
I have my doubts on Flynn and Cleveland, but one guy that shouldn't be left aside in your scenario, which you sort of do, is Kevin Kolb. If Arizona lands Manning, Skelton would be the backup, and Kolb would be released. Don't discount the idea of Kolb getting a lot of interest, particularly in Seattle and Cleveland, two offenses that he would be a better fit for than Whisenhunt's.

____

Random thought of the moment: I tend to think if Manning lands in Arizona

- Flynn would land in Miami. I've got to think Philbin could win a fight for a QB. If a new coach can't do that, then he's in for a tough ride.

- Kolb would land in Cleveland (they liked him last year, Shurmur was the QB coach of Kolb for a year or two, off the top)

- Tannehill would be picked by Seattle somehow. He knows some basics of the offense there, as Sherman/Bevell run some similar base packages, but he would need time, so maybe another half-year to year of T-Jack. I do wonder if Kyle Orton might be a fit there.

- Browns would try to nab Weeden in the 2nd round (or trade up from the 2nd to nab Weeden). I'm being specific in the morning, not specifically because of the rumors they liked Weeden (Cousins has the tools to fit that offense and be a quick study as well), but more because of Weeden's age/presumed maturity. They'd hope he could step in sooner than later if Colt can't cut it, but if Weeden also can't cut it, it'll be easier to justify making a huge play for a QB next year, since the cost would be a 2nd rounder.

At the end of the day, everything is going to rest on Manning.

Totally random side note number 2: With TJ Yates decent performance last year, I wonder if Leinart becomes available, and if he does, I wonder if there might be some more interest now than the last time Leinart was free. Feels like Leinart's image has been rehabbed a bit in the past year. The safe play for Houston, since Leinart is fairly affordable, would be to keep him and Yates another year, though.

A third side note: One small side situation to watch, IMO, is Brian Hoyer and what the Patriots do. Well, I think what they'll do is tender him a 2nd (since he's an UDFA), but once the tender happens, I still think some teams are going to give them a call to see what it would actually take to pry Hoyer away, and unless there's something about Mallett that bothers the Pats that we don't know about, I tend to think they'd listen. Don't know when I became so interested in Hoyer (I think it's more a residual side effect from all the Flynn interest), but I tend to think that he'd make a decent option for teams with uncertainties at their starting QB spot (Jaguars come to mind, Seahawks if they miss on guys perhaps, a few more options out there).

Last edited by toonsterwu : 03-11-2012 at 08:36 AM.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I have my doubts on Flynn and Cleveland, but one guy that shouldn't be left aside in your scenario, which you sort of do, is Kevin Kolb. If Arizona lands Manning, Skelton would be the backup, and Kolb would be released. Don't discount the idea of Kolb getting a lot of interest, particularly in Seattle and Cleveland, two offenses that he would be a better fit for than Whisenhunt's.

____

- Flynn would land in Miami. I've got to think Philbin could win a fight for a QB. If a new coach can't do that, then he's in for a tough ride.

- Kolb would land in Cleveland (they liked him last year, Shurmur was the QB coach of Kolb for a year or two, off the top)

- Tannehill would be picked by Seattle somehow. He knows some basics of the offense there, as Sherman/Bevell run some similar base packages, but he would need time, so maybe another half-year to year of T-Jack. I do wonder if Kyle Orton might be a fit there.

- Browns would try to nab Weeden in the 2nd round (or trade up from the 2nd to nab Weeden). I'm being specific in the morning, not specifically because of the rumors they liked Weeden (Cousins has the tools to fit that offense and be a quick study as well), but more because of Weeden's age/presumed maturity. They'd hope he could step in sooner than later if Colt can't cut it, but if Weeden also can't cut it, it'll be easier to justify making a huge play for a QB next year, since the cost would be a 2nd rounder.

Totally random side note number 2: With TJ Yates decent performance last year, I wonder if Leinart becomes available, and if he does, I wonder if there might be some more interest now than the last time Leinart was free. Feels like Leinart's image has been rehabbed a bit in the past year. The safe play for Houston, since Leinart is fairly affordable, would be to keep him and Yates another year, though.

A third side note: One small side situation to watch, IMO, is Brian Hoyer and what the Patriots do. Well, I think what they'll do is tender him a 2nd (since he's an UDFA), but once the tender happens, I still think some teams are going to give them a call to see what it would actually take to pry Hoyer away, and unless there's something about Mallett that bothers the Pats that we don't know about, I tend to think they'd listen. Don't know when I became so interested in Hoyer (I think it's more a residual side effect from all the Flynn interest), but I tend to think that he'd make a decent option for teams with uncertainties at their starting QB spot (Jaguars come to mind, Seahawks if they miss on guys perhaps, a few more options out there).
Very solid post and very realistic chance of this happening in my eyes as well. One more name I'll toss out as someone who will draw interest in the right type of offense is Josh Johnson. I think if the Skins can get him for a good price, he'd be a natural in that system to back up RG3 which would allow them to not have to make any adjustments regardless of which QB was under center. Johnson would also be a solid fit in Seattle if they miss Tannehill and/or Flynn, and other teams such as the Vikings, Packers and Panthers could work as well.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post

____

Quote:
I'm thinking that way too.

Quote:
Looks about right on to me.

Quote:
Kolb carries a huge price tag for a guy who has proved little, only a small chance of it happening although Arizona would like to rid itself of his contract if they sign Manning.

Quote:
Still think in desperation, Cleveland may be forced to draft Tannehill at #4. Their owner cannot be pleased if they lose out on both RG111 and Flynn. Holmgren/Heckert need to offer something if they want to keep their jobs.

Quote:
Could be an interesting scenario, Weedon just might be able to make a quick adjustment to pro ball and quickly replace McCoy.

Not sure why you think it would only cost Cleveland a 2nd rounder next year to get a QB, with all the added picks they have from not getting RG111, they could win 6 or 7 games even with a weak QB and have to pay a king's ransom to move up from #8-12 for a QB.

Quote:
I think Yates is simply over hyped because of his short term success. No way is he a better 2nd string than Leinart although I have no idea about their cap situation.
The trouble is, he really hasn't proven a whole lot for a team to risk paying much of a price.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I wasn't too clear with my point. My point on Weeden is that if he flounders, that's only a wasted 2nd round pick. Teams are more willing to move on from 2nd round QB's in 1 year than they are with first round QB's. You tend to give the first round QB a bit more rope.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Browns might target Weeden as well. From the sounds of things, it looks like Heckert and the Browns are very high on him. I know they said there are four QBs in this draft that they think will be good, and those obviously have to be Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, and Weeden. Every Browns guy was at the Stillwater pro day too to see Blackmon and Weeden
Old 03-11-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only real concern with Weedon is his bad shoulder from baseball. Can he take the pounding of pro ball and keep that shoulder functioning. It also affects his mechanics a bit, probably as he tries to protect it from further injury.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was the Browns GM I would look to draft a QB like Foles or Osweiler in the third round and see if the Panthers would give up Clausen for a 7th. They obviously don't need or want him. Have an open competition for the starting QB spot in training camp and hope the cream rises to the top. Maybe you hit with Clausen or the 3rd round pick or maybe Colt rises to the challenge. If not you only used a 3rd and 7th and you can either draft early enough to get the top QB or hope the price tag isn't astronomical to move into that spot next year.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good ******* god no Clausen sucks donkey dick.

This same regime passed on him in the second round when he was sitting there, they clearly don't like him.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him over Weeden in a heartbeat. He's 24 with upside and his best football in front of him. Weeden is a season or two from collecting social security.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
My only real concern with Weedon is his bad shoulder from baseball. Can he take the pounding of pro ball and keep that shoulder functioning. It also affects his mechanics a bit, probably as he tries to protect it from further injury.
Only concern? The fact that he'll be 29 within the year and played in a gimmick offense isn't a concern to you? Or the fact that he looked like he couldn't handle the pressure in the one game they lost, and never really made difficult throws? Honestly, I do not see why anyone would consider Weeden in the first two rounds. He's older than John Beck was, and even less talented.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read through every post in this thread hoping for some sort of intelligent discussion relating to the implications to the Browns, Redskins, and Rams.

Instead, I find the inane ramblings of an internet tough-guy/troll, a kid that thinks he knows anything outside of the Packers (he's wrong), and an 85 year old dinosaur who's totally out of touch with reality.

I'm now dumber than I started. Congratulations Clarkw267, SuperPacker, and IAC.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
I read through every post in this thread hoping for some sort of intelligent discussion relating to the implications to the Browns, Redskins, and Rams.

Instead, I find the inane ramblings of an internet tough-guy/troll, a kid that thinks he knows anything outside of the Packers (he's wrong), and an 85 year old dinosaur who's totally out of touch with reality.

i tried dude, I tried. I think the browns are in pretty good shape with a good draft here and 3 top 40 picks. I always liked the browns and some good posters here so I'm interested in what they do
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I appreciate the effort scotty. For your trouble, for 14 games this season, Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice will have my unwavering support.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm glad you didn't clump me in with any of those I may have cried.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Only concern? The fact that he'll be 29 within the year and played in a gimmick offense isn't a concern to you? Or the fact that he looked like he couldn't handle the pressure in the one game they lost, and never really made difficult throws? Honestly, I do not see why anyone would consider Weeden in the first two rounds. He's older than John Beck was, and even less talented.
This. I don't want any part of Weeden.

A couple scenarios floating around in my head. I think Peyton ends up in Miami. Therefore Flynn signs with Seattle. Arizona stands pat with Skelton and Kolb-both still have as good a chance as any to develop into quality starters. (And speaking of Arizona-maby it's been discussed earlier but why o why would Manning choose to go to a team with perhaps the worst oline in the league?)That would leave Cleveland as one of the few teams with a substantial need at QB. In that case I think Tannehill drops-which he really ought to anyhow. Late first to early second.

If by some chance Denver signs Manning, then it might be interesting. In that case I think Tebow could actually be traded to Seattle. The Seahawks are really only a capable QB away from contending. Tebow has a ways to go before that but he's shown at least more than Tavaris. In this case, again Tannehill drops and could still be a target for Denver if Cleveland opts to pass at #22.

Holmgren has never taken a first round QB. Somehow I don't think reaching for Ryan Tannehill at #4 will be his first. I'm not even sure at #22 either. In the 2nd round QB I'd be comfortable with Tannehill or Osweiler.

But OT-Snyder & Allen are crazy to make that trade. More disconcerting is the rumors that the Browns tried to match. Ouch. It really emphasizes how much scouting is really just a crap shoot. It's like, "if they like him that much then maby he is worth it?" -course I'm not the biggest Griffin fan. If this doesn't convince everyone of the reality of the Newton effect, then nothing will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-11-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
This. I don't want any part of Weeden.

A couple scenarios floating around in my head. I think Peyton ends up in Miami. Therefore Flynn signs with Seattle. Arizona stands pat with Skelton and Kolb-both still have as good a chance as any to develop into quality starters. (And speaking of Arizona-maby it's been discussed earlier but why o why would Manning choose to go to a team with perhaps the worst oline in the league?)That would leave Cleveland as one of the few teams with a substantial need at QB. In that case I think Tannehill drops-which he really ought to anyhow. Late first to early second.

If by some chance Denver signs Manning, then it might be interesting. In that case I think Tebow could actually be traded to Seattle. The Seahawks are really only a capable QB away from contending. Tebow has a ways to go before that but he's has shown at least more than Tavaris. In this case, again Tannehill drops and could still be a target for Denver if Cleveland opts to pass at #22.

Holmgren has never taken a first round QB. Somehow I don't think reaching for Ryan Tannehill at #4 will be his first. I'm not even sure at #22 either. In the 2nd round QB I'd be comfortable with Tannehill or Osweiler.

But OT-Snyder & Allen are crazy to make that trade. More disconcerting is the rumors that the Browns tried to match. Ouch. It really emphasizes how much scouting is really just a crap shoot. It's like, "if they like him that much then maby he is worth it?" -course I'm not the biggest Griffin fan. If this doesn't convince everyone of the reality of the Newton effect, then nothing will.
Indy never really had a stud line except Tarik and Saturday. Peytons release and ability to read the pressure made the line better then the average it was.

And Larry Fitzgerald, and warm weather, indoor stadium, the fact the Cardinals are willing to build their offense around a QB.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Indy never really had a stud line except Tarik and Saturday. Peytons release and ability to read the pressure made the line better then the average it was.

And Larry Fitzgerald, and warm weather, indoor stadium, the fact the Cardinals are willing to build their offense around a QB.
Average is still not piss poor. Manning's last couple seasons in Indy you could see how the line play was really beginning to affect his game-it'll only be worse now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I'm glad you didn't clump me in with any of those I may have cried.
Even though we may disagree on this topic, I'd never do that to you. You don't deserve such harsh treatment.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An obvious question. What if the Colts shock the world and draft RG3 first overall? Do the Skins pull the trigger on Luck? I am not sure if they are doing this because RG3 is clearly at the top of their draft board.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Resort to name calling, because you have nothing to back up your optimism about your team, except for blind faith in Holmgren/Heckert. The Browns got caught trying to screw around on the deal for #2 and the Skins came in and took it from them. If the reports are true that the Browns tried to match the Skins' deal after the fact, then how can you say that they didn't make a mistake?

I also asked why Flynn would choose to go to the Browns if he has other options, and nobody seemed to be able to answer that question either, aside for saying $$$.

One Browns fan stated this year they will start "attacking the offense", and in return I asked what have they been doing for the last couple years? And I get an answer that includes Greg Little and Josh Cribbs as building blocks for the offense. Do you realize how bad that is?
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal96 View Post
An obvious question. What if the Colts shock the world and draft RG3 first overall? Do the Skins pull the trigger on Luck? I am not sure if they are doing this because RG3 is clearly at the top of their draft board.
It doesn't really matter because we all know for certain that Luck will be a Colt. If they take Griffin there is no way Washington would pass up Luck either, in fact I would be surprised if Luck wasn't #1 on their boards as much as they love Griffin. Amidst the Griffin hype we all forget that Luck is about as big of a prospect as there's been in years.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkw267 View Post
Resort to name calling, because you have nothing to back up your optimism about your team, except for blind faith in Holmgren/Heckert. The Browns got caught trying to screw around on the deal for #2 and the Skins came in and took it from them. If the reports are true that the Browns tried to match the Skins' deal after the fact, then how can you say that they didn't make a mistake?
You were obviously hyper-aggressive in your disapproval for everything that the current front office has done. Don't be mad when your outted as a troll.

The upgrades to the defense are obvious, and it's obvious that this is where Heckert's focus has been. So to call it blind faith is, again, over the top.

As for the deal regarding the #2 pick, no reports are confirmed. For all we know the real reason we didn't get the pick is because the front office didn't think that the payoff was worth the cost. Also, as far as I know, trades can't even be approved yet, so for us to be "too late" is ridiculous.

Quote:
I also asked why Flynn would choose to go to the Browns if he has other options, and nobody seemed to be able to answer that question either, aside for saying $$$.
Flynn may or may not want to play in Cleveland, I don't know. I have no delusions that this is a team that draws big name free agents. However, we do have money to offer if our front office is interested. Also, we have an offensive minded head coach, Mike Holmgren has connections to GB (obviously) and is a big deal in NFL circles, Mark Whipple is pretty highly regarded as QB coach, etc. Joe Thomas protecting your blindside and Alex Mack up the middle is nice. Two first round picks that can place offensive talent around you could be a draw. Perhaps he doesn't want to go to Miami because he wants to avoid Brady and Belichick. Again, I have no idea if any of this matters to him, but there are some good things in Cleveland.

Quote:
One Browns fan stated this year they will start "attacking the offense", and in return I asked what have they been doing for the last couple years? And I get an answer that includes Greg Little and Josh Cribbs as building blocks for the offense. Do you realize how bad that is?
As for "attacking offense," they've done very little on that side of the ball over the last few years, but they've publicly stated that it will be their focus this off season. The first two drafts of the regime have been defensively oriented drafting Haden, Ward, Taylor, and Sheard with their top draft picks. So, yes, little has been done thus far, but we are expected to aggressively bolster the offense through the draft and some low-key free agent signings.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You were obviously hyper-aggressive in your disapproval for everything that the current front office has done. Don't be mad when your outted as a troll.

The upgrades to the defense are obvious, and it's obvious that this is where Heckert's focus has been. So to call it blind faith is, again, over the top.

As for the deal regarding the #2 pick, no reports are confirmed. For all we know the real reason we didn't get the pick is because the front office didn't think that the payoff was worth the cost. Also, as far as I know, trades can't even be approved yet, so for us to be "too late" is ridiculous.

Flynn may or may not want to play in Cleveland, I don't know. I have no delusions that this is a team that draws big name free agents. However, we do have money to offer if our front office is interested. Also, we have an offensive minded head coach, Mike Holmgren has connections to GB (obviously) and is a big deal in NFL circles, Mark Whipple is pretty highly regarded as QB coach, etc. Joe Thomas protecting your blindside and Alex Mack up the middle is nice. Two first round picks that can place offensive talent around you could be a draw. Perhaps he doesn't want to go to Miami because he wants to avoid Brady and Belichick. Again, I have no idea if any of this matters to him, but there are some good things in Cleveland.

As for "attacking offense," they've done very little on that side of the ball over the last few years, but they've publicly stated that it will be their focus this off season. The first two drafts of the regime have been defensively oriented drafting Haden, Ward, Taylor, and Sheard with their top draft picks. So, yes, little has been done thus far, but we are expected to aggressively bolster the offense through the draft and some low-key free agent signings.
You can look at my post history and see I am definitely not a troll. I guess I am being "hyper agressive" because the Browns were in the perfect position to add their QB of the future, and it looks like they messed around and lost out.

I respect the improvement on defense, but I don't feel like they are in that Elite tier like San Fran, and I don't think they are that close to being there either. They are a top 1/3 defense in my eyes, and that is not good enough to make up for an offense that putrid.

I'm a Lions fan, I have no vested interest in what they do, but it would be nice for Browns to be good as one of the storied franchises in the league.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Maybe Heckertt and Holmgren think they can do more damage with the assortment of picks, didn't see the value, or just didn't have the opportunity to match it.