Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Tannehill will not make it to 21.
Tannehill will not make it to 13.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Worst scenerio for Rams....

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Kalil
4. Blackmon
5. Claiborne

Who would the Rams take? Trent? Floyd?
Richardson. Without a doubt. By drafting him, you're all but confirming two decades of dominance at the RB position in St. Louis with Faulk, Jackson and Richardson afterwards. Not only that, but IMO he's the BPA and it would shock me if they passed. Only thing I would accept is a trade down.
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm thinking Tannehill should go #8 and the Browns sign Flynn, but what about Seattle as a possible suitor for Flynn? That would be an interesting possibility as well.
I could see Seattle throw a lot of money at Flynn late to try and steal him from Miami/Cleveland. If I had to predict, I'd say this is what I think will happen:

Flynn-Browns
Tannehill-Dolphins
Orton/Weeden-Seattle

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Henne could also be a possibility for the Seahawks.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping either the Chiefs or Seahawks fall in love with Tannehill and feel the need to trade up to solidify their selection. Rams could again get a boatload of selections, maybe even another 1st rounder in 2013 or 2014 and still be able to select a Quality player......Michael Floyd, David Decastro, Luke Kuechly or Michael Brockers.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Damn, Washington got trade RAPED with crunchy peanut butter for lube. That hurts.

Also, Scott called this trade in his latest mock.
It's only rape if you clench up.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:46 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um, as far as the Redskins, best of luck (but not too good in the next 2 haha), I just know if one player is worth the price of three (two firsts and a second) pretty much. But I love it as far as the Rams, I was just hoping to get one 1st rounder (I.E. the #4 and #22 for #2), but I like this better. Two first rounders in the next two years is very good. Great first move by our new leadership. And I can't kill the Skins for doing it...
Old 03-10-2012, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think that the Patriots should shop Tom Brady in this market... Jeez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:39 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This reminds me of the 3-team Eric Dickerson trade in 1987 when the Rams got a boatload of picks from the Colts and Bills and totally blew it. The Rams received 3 number 1 picks and 3 number 2 picks for the future HOF running back in addition to running backs Greg Bell and Owen Gill. This was on a par with the Herschel Walker trade in 1989 and should have set the Rams on the path to being serious Super Bowl contenders for many years to come. The big difference of course was the Cowboys struck gold with their picks from Minnesota and built a dynasty in the 90s. The Rams unfortunately picked bust after bust, failed to close the gap on the 49ers and eventually left Los Angeles to St Louis 7 years later.

The Rams received:
Buffalo No. 1 - 1988 (Gaston Green, RB, 14th overall)
Indianapolis No. 1 - 1988 (Aaron Cox, WR, 20th overall)
Indianapolis No. 2 - 1988 (Fred Strickland, LB, 47th overall)
Buffalo No. 1 - 1989 (Cleveland Gary, RB, 26th overall)
Indianapolis No. 2 - 1989 (Frank Stams, LB, 45th overall)
Buffalo No. 2 - 1989 (Darryl Henley, DB, 53rd overall)

Together with their own picks the Rams had FOUR 1st rd picks and SIX 2nd rd picks in 1988 and 1989. The other 1st rd pick in 1989 with their own selection was another bust, Bill Hawkins. Oops!

Setting aside the price the Redskins have paid, and yes its very expensive, I think this is a shrewd move to do this deal on the eve of free agency. With Griffin all but wrapped up this is going to make Washington a more attractive option for free agents next week, especially with the wide receiver position looking very deep this year. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Vincent Jackson in a Redskins uniform next week.

The blueprint of signing a veteran free agent (Grossman, McNabb, Beck, George) then drafting a QB later to develop (Colt Brennan, Jordan Palmer) just hasn't worked for Washington in recent years. Their fans are sick and tired of seeing mediocrity at the position. RG3 gives them hope for the future, a face of the franchise and a chance to be relevant again.

This should be a win-win trade for both teams.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was definitely a lot to give up, but I support this move for the Redskins.

Might have to do a special thirty minute prodcast breaking down this deal with a Redskins beat writer this weekend if Mr. Hallam is up for it.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:39 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
It was definitely a lot to give up, but I support this move for the Redskins.

Might have to do a special thirty minute prodcast breaking down this deal with a Redskins beat writer this weekend if Mr. Hallam is up for it.
Yeah I think it's win-win for both teams. Washington gets their Franchise Quarterback and the Rams have the opportunity to build a pretty nice team around their Franchise QB.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:10 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Yeah I think it's win-win for both teams. Washington gets their Franchise Quarterback and the Rams have the opportunity to build a pretty nice team around their Franchise QB.
The GREAT thing about this trade is that if Bradford busts next year you will have the ammunition to trade up and grab the best QB in the 2013 or 2014 draft.

So you're either getting Bradford and 7 quality players around him or getting a Matt Barkley with 5 quality peices around him.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 03-10-2012 at 05:12 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:37 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm glad I don't have to see RG3 be ruined in a Browns jersey
Right, now you get to see him ruined in a Redskins jersey, because they've been relevant in the last decade too. So it's better, ya know, cause they have nicer colors and stuff

Last edited by fear the elf : 03-10-2012 at 05:49 AM.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Jones just called and said he would have gladly lost 6 more games if he knew there was going to be another Herchel Walker deal to be had lol.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never liked when the trade was valued on the actual players picked. To me there are two independent events. The Rams received all these picks for RGIII. Great trade for them as they don't need a QB and great trade for the Skins if he turns into a franchise QB. Regardless of how these picks turn out, the trade is a good one for the Rams. if they screw the pooch on the picks that is just lost opportunity.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I am so glad I am not a Redskins fan. Unless RG3 is Jesus himself he is not worth what was given up. Three top ten and most likely two will be top 5 and a bunch of early second round picks. If I was the Colts I would have made that trade. Daniel Snyder has to be semi-ruhtarded. or just have no common football sense. He just held his team back THREE years while projecting the Rams to be an elite team within three years. What a tool.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a lot to give up. A lot. I'm ok with going with McCoy for one more season. I know most people can't stand him but the guy works his butt off so I'm ok with it. I also don't want to see Cleveland go after Flynn, Tannehill, or pretty much any QB the rest of this offseason. (short of Peyton Manning, but c'mon, like there's any chance of that happening) Let's just start building our team, and if Colt doesn't work out, we'll find a franchise signal caller next season.

This is me saying I don't think anyone left is worth the time, and I'm ok with keeping our first rounders for the next three drafts.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
That's a lot to give up. A lot. I'm ok with going with McCoy for one more season. I know most people can't stand him but the guy works his butt off so I'm ok with it. I also don't want to see Cleveland go after Flynn, Tannehill, or pretty much any QB the rest of this offseason. (short of Peyton Manning, but c'mon, like there's any chance of that happening) Let's just start building our team, and if Colt doesn't work out, we'll find a franchise signal caller next season.

This is me saying I don't think anyone left is worth the time, and I'm ok with keeping our first rounders for the next three drafts.
What if you're drafting 4th again next season and Barkley and Wilson are the consensus #2 picks? You just wait until the 2014 draft? You can wait for a QB to fall into your lap, you need to go out an get one.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
What if you're drafting 4th again next season and Barkley and Wilson are the consensus #2 picks? You just wait until the 2014 draft? You can wait for a QB to fall into your lap, you need to go out an get one.
Well at that point the Redskins won't be overpaying to move up, so it probably won't cost as much.

Then again, it's the Redskins. So I may be wrong.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
Richardson. Without a doubt. By drafting him, you're all but confirming two decades of dominance at the RB position in St. Louis with Faulk, Jackson and Richardson afterwards. Not only that, but IMO he's the BPA and it would shock me if they passed. Only thing I would accept is a trade down.
Richardson will not be the only player on the radar in that scenario. Riley Reiff will at the very least be in the discussion here. Others who may generate interest would be Michael Brockers (even though I don't see him as a top 10 pick), Poe, Cox (a darkhorse pick) and Quinton Coples.

Coples is a little similar to Jason Jones and could be moved inside permanently to 3 technique.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love all the skins hatred. Bottom line they had to make the deal and they did not get raped. I'm on my phone so i cant fo into depth but I will later. Great job by skins fo getting this done early.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
It's only rape if you clench up.
Welcome to the forum, Mr. Sandusky.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Love all the skins hatred. Bottom line they had to make the deal and they did not get raped. I'm on my phone so i cant fo into depth but I will later. Great job by skins fo getting this done early.
Didn't get raped? If I were a Redskins fan I'd already be trying to repress the details of the trade.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
sorry, but they traded 3 first rounders and a 2nd rounder for Griffin. They only gave up two extra first rounders and a 2nd to move up 4 spots - but they still paid the price of 3 firsts and a 2nd overall to get their franchise QB. They better pray that he turns out to be a good one.

On the flipside, if the Browns sign Flynn and he turns out to be a top 10 or top 15 QB then they'll come out of this looking good. It might turn out bad though if they don't get a good QB this year.
I hate to say it but we aren't Flynn first choice for his destination, we had better hope Miami gets Manning otherwise we are totally out of it.

I think Tannehill will be our pick at #4, a huge risk if you ask me.

The Rams got 1 first by drafting standards and had to give up their first to get it. Next year's first is only worth a 2nd rounder if you follow the draft, and a 1st rounder 2 years from now carries the weight of a third round pick in any trade scenario. It will be years after all before they get any benefit from this trade which cost them Blackmon as well.

IMO, the Skins didn't get raped at all, they got off pretty cheap.

If they had traded with Cleveland, they could have got perhaps, 2 firsts this year and maybe a second plus 2 or 3 high picks next year, got Blackmon and set up their team for immediate improvement and being a contender within 3 years. Now it is clearly a 5 year project for the Rams, so I'm not sold on the value St. Louis got for this trade, looks good on paper but added 2 years to reaching competitive status.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 03-10-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Dan Snyder.