Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a lot to pay for a guy that's never played a down. I'm a big 12 guy and have been harping Griffin for years, but that's a lot to give up.

At the same time, i expect more things like this to happen in the future because you don't have to pay players elite money.

In addition, the skins have shown they aren't afraid to build by FA while Fisher builds through the draft. So it plays to both teams tendencies
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
if he's the BPA there (if Claiborne is there I think Mo is certainly BPA) then I could see them taking Trent. But Claiborne and Blackmon have better positional value. You can find a guy to groom as the future starting RB and immediate #2 RB in the mid rounds (or heck, round two with Wilson or Miller) and get great value. You just don't really need a great RB in today's NFL like you need great perimiter players.
I disagree with the idea that they shouldn't take him because 'you don't need a great RB.' You don't NEED anything. There isn't one blueprint for winning. Having a stud RB is a good thing, despite teams with stud RBs not winning the Super Bowl recently.

And I always take the best player regardless of position.

My board: 1) Luck 2) RG3 3) Kalil 4) Richardson

So that's where I disagree with y'all. I value Richardson more than y'all and I suspect NFL teams love him too. He's got almost zero risk and is going to be a heck of contributor from day one.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I disagree with the idea that they shouldn't take him because 'you don't need a great RB.' You don't NEED anything. There isn't one blueprint for winning. Having a stud RB is a good thing, despite teams with stud RBs not winning the Super Bowl recently.

So that's where I disagree with y'all. I value Richardson more than y'all and I suspect NFL teams love him too. He's got almost zero risk and is going to be a heck of contributor from day one.
You do need some things...in the curious case of the Rams you need to upgrade the OL especially with what you have invested in Bradford.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im really excited for the redskins.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

I don't mind taking Richardson in the top 10 as BPA - even though he is a RB...but taking him over Claiborne who is the same value at least at a position of need that is at a much more valuable position than RB would be a mistake and won't happen unless they are obsessed with Richardson like Gruden was obsessed with Cadillac Williams.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm glad I don't have to see RG3 be ruined in a Browns jersey
Not quite sure why you would think he would get ruined in a Browns jersey... Could have easily added a free agent receiver. Not like the Redskins are some amazing franchise that is always doing things right.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Blackmon or Reiff both make great picks in a move back. It also could work out much better to move back and take Floyd. I know this is a great FA class of WR's but Bradford needs a #1 WR he can grow with, I really hope they don't continue to overlook that. Sometimes you need a guy who can make a play when nothing is there.

They definately need a #2 RB also, but they can/should be able to get an elite RB with one of the 1st next year no problem. They can't fix everything in one off-season, but I think this off-season needs to stop ignoring play-makers. I get that the line still needs help, but there is not one threat that makes plays in the passing game on that offense.

Protection is nice, but if you want a QB to develop you have to go get 1-2 guys who can make some plays or get open. It's been a problem in STL since the greatest show on turf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#11 for RG3? Rather have 10 or 3, that would be sweet.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Not quite sure why you would think he would get ruined in a Browns jersey... Could have easily added a free agent receiver. Not like the Redskins are some amazing franchise that is always doing things right.
Running Game
Washington has a big edge here. Shanahan is a master of getting RB's like Helu to do well and thats what hes done. The Browns might not have Hillis, Hardesty too injury prone and neither of them would scare a defense.

Offensive Line
Both have some good players but could be upgraded. Browns have an issue at RT and so do the Redskins. Browns win because they have Joe Thomas.

Receivers
Redskins win here IMO. They have Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson and Red Davis whilst the Browns have Greg Little. The Redskins are also more likely to get a big name free agent. Throw in Vincent Jackson and its an ideal receiving core.

Defense
Both have good defenses. Redskins have the better front 7 but the Browns have the better secondary.

Overall i think Washington is a better place for him to go.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Ideal Rams draft IMO

1 - Michael Floyd
2a - Stephen Gilmore
2b - Lamar Miller

1a - DJ Fluker
1b - Manti Teo

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I don't mind taking Richardson in the top 10 as BPA - even though he is a RB...but taking him over Claiborne who is the same value at least at a position of need that is at a much more valuable position than RB would be a mistake and won't happen unless they are obsessed with Richardson like Gruden was obsessed with Cadillac Williams.
I think Blackmon's 4.46 puts him squarely in the top 4 discussion ahead of Richardson and Claiborne. He is a clone of Terrell Owens without the baggage and also pretty close to a Fitzgerald in ability.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Running Game
Washington has a big edge here. Shanahan is a master of getting RB's like Helu to do well and thats what hes done. The Browns might not have Hillis, Hardesty too injury prone and neither of them would scare a defense.

Offensive Line
Both have some good players but could be upgraded. Browns have an issue at RT and so do the Redskins. Browns win because they have Joe Thomas.

Receivers
Redskins win here IMO. They have Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson and Red Davis whilst the Browns have Greg Little. The Redskins are also more likely to get a big name free agent. Throw in Vincent Jackson and its an ideal receiving core.

Defense
Both have good defenses. Redskins have the better front 7 but the Browns have the better secondary.

Overall i think Washington is a better place for him to go.
Right now yeah, but the Browns could also retain Hillis and add a receiver or two in free agency. I think the Browns may be better off with adding Richardson Wright and a FA receiver as well as Flynn. Would probably be better than just having RGIII although I really did want him.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 03-10-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Right now yeah, but the Browns could also retain Hillis and add a receiver or two in free agency. I think the Browns may be better off with adding Richardson Wright and a FA receiver as well as Flynn. Would probably be better than just having RGIII although I really did want him.
RGIII, Vincent Jackson & Doug Martin > Flynn, Richardson, Vincent Jackson & Wright

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
RGIII, Vincent Jackson & Doug Martin > Flynn, Richardson, Vincent Jackson & Wright
We probably have a better line though, and Greg Little looked good minus drops his first year :]

PS I would **** myself if we landed VJ Flynn Richardson and Wright.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We probably have a better line though, and Greg Little looked good minus drops his first year :]

PS I would **** myself if we landed VJ Flynn Richardson and Wright.
It would be very possible. You need Miami to get Manning, Seattle to get Henne/Campbell/Orton, a big offer to V-Jax, a trade back to get Richardson and a trade up to get Wright.

I can be done!

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

**** I forgot about Henne. This is how our offseason will go.

Browns will get Henne, draft Claiborne, then get a defensive end at 22, at 37 we will get a ******* linebacker or something and we will end up with the same god awful offense we had last year and Henne will suck.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
**** I forgot about Henne. This is how our offseason will go.

Browns will get Henne, draft Claiborne, then get a defensive end at 22, at 37 we will get a ******* linebacker or something and we will end up with the same god awful offense we had last year and Henne will suck.
Then you get the #1 pick and get Matt Barkley!

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then you get the #1 pick and get Matt Barkley!
We are capable of 2 to 6 wins every year and could wait decades before getting close to the #1 overall pick. That is why you grab the 'Golden Goose' when you have the opportunity. Waiting for the future is a fool errand.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think Blackmon's 4.46 puts him squarely in the top 4 discussion ahead of Richardson and Claiborne. He is a clone of Terrell Owens without the baggage and also pretty close to a Fitzgerald in ability.
well I was talking about the Rams at 6. I assume they would take Blackmon over anyone except Kalil......but yeah, the Browns at #4 IMO are gonna take either Claiborne or Blackmon. All things being equal it would obviously be Claiborne, but our defense is waaay ahead of our offense in terms of talent at this point and we might have to take Blackmon if we don't get someone before the draft to catch the football even if we like Claiborne a little more. I think if Blackmon could jump 40" then he would be just like Fitzgerald.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
We are capable of 2 to 6 wins every year and could wait decades before getting close to the #1 overall pick. That is why you grab the 'Golden Goose' when you have the opportunity. Waiting for the future is a fool errand.
Im not saying what the Browns are doing is right. I hate what they're doing. If a franchise QB is there you do whatever it takes to get him and the Browns pussied out IMO.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
They only gave up 1 2nd round pick....

No, I would say you still need a elite QB to win it all. Unless you have the 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/w...n-bound-030912

According to fox its 2 firsts(not including the swap) and some combination of 2nds.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A bit behind on the news cycle, but I'm okay with this deal for the Skins. First off, though, it's a great deal for the Rams. As a new high priced Head Coach, Jeff Fisher has time (barring a catastrophic season like Cam Cameron's). Now, they can target the best talent possible and slowly mold this team with all the multiple picks. I still like Bradford quite a bit, and the defensive side of the ball has a few good pieces in place already. Even if they miss on Blackmon/Claiborne, there's still plenty of directions they can go with the pick. Trent Richardson wouldn't be the worst idea, with Jackson's age and cost. If they liked an OL guy enough, that could always make sense. If they liked a DT enough, they certainly need a body inside. A 2nd trade down would probably be appealing as well.

Leaving that aside, the Redskins had to make a move. While Tannehill was intriguing, I don't think many people want to repeat the Locker/Ponder moves last year. Perhaps those moves end up working out, but Tannehill, a guy I like a lot, isn't a 6th overall guy if you had your preferences, and waiting until the 2nd round to address QB just wasn't going to work for the Skins. Getting a QB in the draft perhaps made more financial sense than Flynn (or another non-Peyton QB) due to the cost changes, and the upside of said QB available at 2. Peyton wasn't coming. The Redskins had to make a move for a QB.

I never thought I'd get to the point of saying I really love RG3 as a prospect, but I do. I still prefer Luck overall, but RG3 is really good, and I think in many of the past decade of drafts, he would've been the first overall pick. There's things he has to work on, like all QB's, but the ceiling is through the roof, and his passing acumen is fairly solid. He'll need time, and it wouldn't stun if a veteran started for the Skins before the bye-week, but I could see him succeeding in the Shanahan's system akin to how a guy like Jay Cutler flourished. At the end of the day, if you need a franchise QB, and you believe in a guy that much, this sort of move is a gamble you make. When you add in that the Redskins have money to spend to address their other needs (lead WR, RT, CB, FS) this off-season, I understand it and I think it's a good gamble. It could flame out miserably in hindsight, but you can't judge everything off of hindsight. Finally, you energize a fan-base, a fan-base that desperately wanted RG3 for the most part (at least, on radio).
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Yeah he's a better prospect than, Newton, Bradford, Stafford and Ryan were.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
If the Browns offered 3 1sts the Rams woulda jumped at it, knowing those 1sts are 150% more likely to be worse then the Redskins picks.
It sounds like the Browns did offer three firsts. At least, that's what MKCabot is reporting.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...traded_up.html

"The Browns tried hard to make a deal with the St. Louis Rams to move up to No. 2 in the NFL draft -- offering at least three first-round picks -- but lost out on the Robert Griffin III sweepstakes to the Washington Redskins, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported last night. "
Old 03-10-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I think Cleveland goes Richardson at 4, Tannehill or Wright at 21.
I have a hard time seeing Tannehill fall to 22, though. I think some team likely plucks him up in the teens to develop.