Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-11-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Why Would Anyone Draft Brandon Weeden?

Why in gods name would ANY team draft Weeden in the top three rounds? I wouldn't draft him at all personally but some team I could see reaching in the 4th. He is Chris Weinke except not good. Weinke at least won a heisman, national championship, and had an undefeated season. wtf has Weeden done?
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
superfly69
Rookie

superfly69 is a cocksman.superfly69 is a cocksman.superfly69 is a cocksman.

Because NFL starting QB's are in such short supply that is you have a chance to get one, even if he is overaged, you take it. Believe me this guy is way better then Chris Weinke.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell is he so much better than Chris Weinke..... Big-12 QB's suck *** in the NFL. Much less one that's going to be 30 years old when he sees defense being played for the first time..
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a far better prospect than Weinke ever dreamed of being, he's a 1st round talent who just happens to be way too old to go that high. However with his added maturity, he should be able to adjust much quicker to the NFL than some 20 year old and provide excellent backup possibilities with even a chance to start at some point even if his career will be short.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weinke was overrated. He had a successful college career but he never really looked like a great pro prospect. He was an older guy who got to play with a bunch of NFL talent at Florida State. Weeden actually has a live arm and good mechanics and seems like a guy who would be a first round pick if he looked like he does now at age 22. He showed the ability to pickup offenses easily at the senior bowl (albeit watered down ones, but still, a version of an NFL offense instead of that simple spread he ran in college). I would take a chance on him in round 2 or 3 to step in and start for at least 6 or 7 years or so.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He reminds me of Kevin Kolb. Take that as you will.

I think his age is less a detriment as people think. Most guys people assume to be "franchise" quarterbacks for a decade end up having a nice prime of 2-3 years with a lot of erratic play bookending those years.

The problem with him is that he's not as far along mechanically as you'd hope for a player his age. On the flip side, those mechanical issues also suggest he's not "maxed out" in terms of arm strength or anything.

Put like this....his ceiling is higher and his floor is lower than his age and experience would lead you to believe.
Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Weinke was overrated. He had a successful college career but he never really looked like a great pro prospect. He was an older guy who got to play with a bunch of NFL talent at Florida State. Weeden actually has a live arm and good mechanics and seems like a guy who would be a first round pick if he looked like he does now at age 22. He showed the ability to pickup offenses easily at the senior bowl (albeit watered down ones, but still, a version of an NFL offense instead of that simple spread he ran in college). I would take a chance on him in round 2 or 3 to step in and start for at least 6 or 7 years or so.
I would never put "good mechanics" and "Weeden" in the same sentence. He throws like a pitcher, and it causes a lot of erratic ball placement and negates what could be a pretty live arm.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
How the hell is he so much better than Chris Weinke..... Big-12 QB's suck *** in the NFL. Much less one that's going to be 30 years old when he sees defense being played for the first time..
I wouldn't say they suck ass...the starting QBs from Big 12 schools this year were on awful teams.

Bradford (Oklahoma) - Kids was great as a rookie, had ankle issues in his 2nd year. Give him some better offensive weapons and he will be a very solid starter.

Freeman (Kansas St.) - Amazing second season in the league, led multiple comebacks and became a legit QB, third year was a lost cause, stats look bad, but I think alot of that has to do with the Bucs team quitting 4 games into the season.

Gabbert (Missouri) - Eye-popping stats no. I think they need to give him some time and some other offensive weapons besides MJD. Very average rookie year, but he was transitioning from spread offense at Missouri to pro-style Jacksonville. Jury is still out on him.

McCoy (Texas) - I know Browns fans don't like him. I like him, but I don't think he is an NFL starter. He has done a solid job with what Cleveland has surrounded him with, which he should be commended for, but I think his height and lack of arm strenght will always hold him back. Or the fact that James Harrison tried to decapitate him.

So we have some very solid QBs in Bradford and Freeman, an unknown in Gabbert, and a fringe starter in McCoy.

So to say that all Big 12 Qbs sucks is a very broad statement.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice post devinhester, To say they suck isn't really fair by any means. I know many people, myself included, think Freeman is the best QB from his class (Stafford, Sanchez). But he's been on a very poor team with no surrounding talent, Freeman could put up awesome numbers with Megatron, but that's not the cards he was given
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weeden has excellent mechanics and the only thing holding him back is his age. I think if a team like the Jets takes him round 3 to push Sanchez that would be perfect for him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The trouble with drafting Weedon is that he has had shoulder problems which drove him out of baseball. How many hits can he take as a pro before those shoulder concerns spread to his ability to throw a football. A lot of his mechanics are screwed up because he has adjusted a bit to protect his shoulder, so they may not be correctable.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a team has an aging QB and wants someone that can sit a year or two and take over then Weeden would be a great choice, I think teams that are still looking for that franchise QB wouldn't be wise for drafting him because they'd need to wait 2-3 years for his development and building the team around him.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The trouble with drafting Weedon is that he has had shoulder problems which drove him out of baseball. How many hits can he take as a pro before those shoulder concerns spread to his ability to throw a football. A lot of his mechanics are screwed up because he has adjusted a bit to protect his shoulder, so they may not be correctable.

I agree with your thought process but disagree with the overall statement. It's my understanding the main problem with Weeden, and most pitchers is the labrum and rotator cuff. While having a rotator problem somewhat effects the way you throw a football, it is not what solely controls it like a baseball.

I had a pretty serious rotator cuff problem, and couldn't throw a baseball, and had trouble raising by arm to take my shirt off, however I could still throw a football because the way you throw isn't really determined by the rotator cuff.

Personally, I haven't researched Weeden's injury but I know the most common injuries associated with baseball is labrum and rotator cuff.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I agree with your thought process but disagree with the overall statement. It's my understanding the main problem with Weeden, and most pitchers is the labrum and rotator cuff. While having a rotator problem somewhat effects the way you throw a football, it is not what solely controls it like a baseball.

I had a pretty serious rotator cuff problem, and couldn't throw a baseball, and had trouble raising by arm to take my shirt off, however I could still throw a football because the way you throw isn't really determined by the rotator cuff.

Personally, I haven't researched Weeden's injury but I know the most common injuries associated with baseball is labrum and rotator cuff.
I think you are right on about the injury being the labrun and rotator cuff, and it hasn't been a hindrance in throwing the football, although it could be affecting his mechanics somewhat, nothing crucial but it might explain some of his problems.
However, it has to be a concern from a football standpoint. Can he take the punishment with an already damaged shoulder. QB's get punished in pro football at a great rate, will his shoulder be able to take the punishment or are the odds greater in his case, that the shoulder could give out?
Old 03-11-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rank him about the same as Patrick Witt from Yale. Weeden having the higher floor but Witt having a much higher ceiling.

Sorry I like Weeden as a person, hell I loved Weinke as a person, but when you are being drafted in what should be the prime if your playing career it's an uphill battle. Weeden I think at best is a developmental backup.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Weeden has excellent mechanics and the only thing holding him back is his age. I think if a team like the Jets takes him round 3 to push Sanchez that would be perfect for him.
No way. We have needs at OLB, WR, OT, S, I would be pissed if NYJ took a QB in the early rounds.

I like what McElroy showed anyhow. Jets will sign a FA QB and have Sanchez/FA/McElroy as the 3 QBs.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
If the Jets wanted to push Sanchez they wouldn't have given him that insane contract. He is 100% guaranteed the starting job for at least 3 more years now after getting that.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Lurkin View Post
I would never put "good mechanics" and "Weeden" in the same sentence. He throws like a pitcher, and it causes a lot of erratic ball placement and negates what could be a pretty live arm.
This. Dude's throwing motion is just...off. He can send Justin Blackmon a thank you card once he gets drafted in the Top 3 rounds, because he made him a ton of money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
If the Jets wanted to push Sanchez they wouldn't have given him that insane contract. He is 100% guaranteed the starting job for at least 3 more years now after getting that.
His contract guarantees him as the starter going into the season, but he's not guaranteed the job over the course of the season or the season after that. Kevin Kolb and Matt Cassel both received big contracts and their teams are already rumored to be looking at other options in both FA and the draft. I would not be surprised at all if the Jets took a QB in rounds 2 or 3.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This. Dude's throwing motion is just...off. He can send Justin Blackmon a thank you card once he gets drafted in the Top 3 rounds, because he made him a ton of money.
Like I said, he throws like a baseball player. His front leg is stiff, he raises his back leg which throws him off balance, and he brings the ball really far back behind his head (causing erratic release points), and he gets no trunk rotation (so his throws are all arm like Ryan Fitzpatrick).

Not to mention, he had a ton of space to work with in the pocket. Didn't deal with a lot of pressure, but when he did, he had a bad tendency to drift and throw off his back foot.

That's a lot to work on for someone who will turn 29 during the season.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Exploder View Post
His contract guarantees him as the starter going into the season, but he's not guaranteed the job over the course of the season or the season after that. Kevin Kolb and Matt Cassel both received big contracts and their teams are already rumored to be looking at other options in both FA and the draft. I would not be surprised at all if the Jets took a QB in rounds 2 or 3.
Completely different situation than those two. Kolb and Cassel were given big contracts before even playing a down for that team. Sanchez has played 3 full seasons with the Jets, and they just decided that he's their QB going forward. If the Jets still intend to look for a replacement for him after that contract then they are run by a bunch of morons. Sanchez still had 2 years remaining before signing the extension. They didn't have to give him a new contract. The Cardinals and Chiefs didn't really have a choice, they had to pay Kolb and Cassel when they traded for them. The Jets could have let Sanchez play out his final two years and then move on, but instead they chose to give him big money now. Sanchez is definitely guaranteed the starter all of this year, and all of next season, and probably even the season after that.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question is not why should anyone draft him. The question is why would you hesitate? I can see you knocking him back, but not more than about 20 picks. If he was 24 years old, the question would be whether Cleveland should take him at #4 or sign Flynn.

Back in the last part of the round, teams have established QB1s that he would not replace, but I fully expect one of them to draft him or trade with a team that will.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Lurkin View Post
he has a weird motion, but like Philip Rivers it won't effect his game. I don't think he needs to tweak his release or his footwork that much. He needs to learn to speed of the pro game, and while he may be unconventional mechanically, he'll be fine.