Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
richardriderNF
Rookie

richardriderNF richardriderNF richardriderNF richardriderNF richardriderNF
Default JaMarcus Russell Would've Been a Top NFL QB

If he had the unknown intangibles Cam Newton had. That is heart and using negative criticism to fuel him to be the best QB in the NFL. For many QB's in the NFL losing is frustrating, however at times you wonder if it goes deeper than that. When Cam was losing, I saw it in him, and he just flat out hates losing. I saw that in Auburn. Warren Moon saw that will to win. That will to win is something you can not measure. He had all the tools but Warren Moon, me and many other saw this will to win in his personality.

It seemed some haters just wanted to bash his past and his inexperience playing a pro style offense last year to indicate he would be a monumental bust in the NFL. I knew most of you were going to be eating your words now because he had that it factor to use negativity as a great motivator. The great ones do that, and once the Brady's Mannings, Brees Rothl and Rodgers retire, Cam Newton along with RG3 and Matthew Stafford will be the top QB's in the NFL for the next 10 years. Unfortunately I think JaMarcus was just as talented as Newton and RG3. The problem was that winning, criticism just did not motivate him.

I would give you a historical example...if this was the era of the civil rights movement Cam and RG3 would participate, take a stand and make their voices heard, while JaMarcus would have just stood by and accepted what was displayed in that era.

You heard it hear first after Pro Day, Colts GM will shock everyone and make an announcement that he will be selecting Robert Griffin III with the first pick in the NFL draft, leaving the redskins to be stuck with Luck. I am almost certain none of you saw the Panthers picking Cam Newton this time last year, and most people thought that the Panthers made a mistake. Instead they probably found a QB who would be in the top 10 throughout his entire career. I have not seen a QB who just does not get rattled in the pocket like Cam Newton in a long time.
richardriderNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardriderNF View Post
I would give you a historical example...if this was the era of the civil rights movement Cam and RG3 would participate, take a stand and make their voices heard, while JaMarcus would have just stood by and accepted what was displayed in that era.

No response, I just had to quote that
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love the guys at Caste.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Gotta love the guys at Caste.
whats that mean?

Clearly this guy is off his rocker
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardriderNF View Post
You heard it hear first after Pro Day, Colts GM will shock everyone and make an announcement that he will be selecting Robert Griffin III with the first pick in the NFL draft, leaving the redskins to be stuck with Luck.
Ya I don't think Washington would be too upset being "stuck" with Luck.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russell is the ultimate example of how important intangibles are, especially at the quarterback position. If JaMarcus would've had 10% of Peyton Manning's work ethic and drive he would have been a Hall of Famer. I still haven't seen many guys who throw a prettier ball than Russell, even if it was usually to the other team.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Russell is the ultimate example of how important intangibles are, especially at the quarterback position. If JaMarcus would've had 10% of Peyton Manning's work ethic and drive he would have been a Hall of Famer. I still haven't seen many guys who throw a prettier ball than Russell, even if it was usually to the other team.
His best looking throws however were straight to Zach Miller's feet.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JaMarcus Russell is a piece of ****, not a NFL QB

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamarcus isn't even a bad guy like Jeff George or anything either. Just sooo lazy.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamarcus Russell just didn't care. Maybe the szzyrup had something to do with his lack of motivation, but apparently his work ethic and lack of commitment to his craft or the game caused him problems at LSU too.

There was a lack of a sufficient investigation into his background in college, I bet some teams knew though.

I don't think he's a bad guy either. But just like I have some friends I would never allow to drive my car, Jamarcus isn't the type of guy you draft to be the leader of your football team and the face of the franchise.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
His best looking throws however were straight to Zach Miller's feet.
Ugh. Not only that, but the Raiders went through a slew of QBs with horrible accuracy over that three year stretch prior to and after drafting Russell. These QBs were so bad at throwing the ball, the inoffensive coordinator would call WR screens. Even THOSE passes--to a WR at the line of scrimmage(!!!) either skipped like a curve ball in the dirt or sailed 4 yards to the side. Culpepper, Walter, Tuiasosopo, Russell, Brooks... Ugh...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:27 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Jamarcus Russell just didn't care. Maybe the szzyrup had something to do with his lack of motivation, but apparently his work ethic and lack of commitment to his craft or the game caused him problems at LSU too.

There was a lack of a sufficient investigation into his background in college, I bet some teams knew though.

I don't think he's a bad guy either. But just like I have some friends I would never allow to drive my car, Jamarcus isn't the type of guy you draft to be the leader of your football team and the face of the franchise.
All anyone had to do was look at his pictures from the combine to get a read on his work ethic. And when pressed on it, it wasn't his fault, it was his grandmother's fault because her cooking is so good. All it took was one sentence to figure out the guy wasn't a hard worker and wasn't accountable. The exact opposite of what you need a franchise QB to be.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude just needed purple drank on the sidelines to maximize his skills.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, let's put it this way.
JaMarcus Russell is wasted talent and will never regain any of it.
IF he had a mentor, someone to look up to and lead him into being a good person..
IF he actually studied a playbook and wanted to improve his game..
IF he worked out and didn't get fat..
IF he was motivated to being then best,
then yes, he would've been great, but he's not, he messed up and he's a bum.
End of story
Old 03-14-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
JaMarcus Russell is a piece of ****, not a NFL QB
World's Largest piece of ****?

/southparkjoke