Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Has anyone ever been a paralegal?

I haven't read much about it but I'm going to be graduating next month with a Bachelor's in English Lit and was thinking about what I could do without going on to grad school.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think YFS has. You should PM him.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should just go to law school if you want to work in the legal profession. Being a paralegal is kinda boring.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I haven't read much about it but I'm going to be graduating next month with a Bachelor's in English Lit and was thinking about what I could do without going on to grad school.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a paralegal studies major. Did it because it's pretty much a guaranteed job and the pay can be good. Would like to go to law school once I pay some of my debts down. Would be really cool if I could find a company that would be willing to contribute to tuition. Only problem is my grades are pretty bad. I know I would do very well on the LSAT though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The work is tedious and boring. It's all the ***** work for the attorney with 1/50th of the pay. Thing with that is, you'll pretty much always have hours to work and you have opportunity to earn overtime. The pay isn't bad at all actually, and it's a decent place to start if you wanna eventually go to law school. Paralegal degrees are around 15k though, if you do those 11 month program deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I'm a paralegal studies major. Did it because it's pretty much a guaranteed job and the pay can be good. Would like to go to law school once I pay some of my debts down. Would be really cool if I could find a company that would be willing to contribute to tuition. Only problem is my grades are pretty bad. I know I would do very well on the LSAT though.
If you wanna work locally and just grind it out as an attorney, you can go to any tier 3 or tier 4 law school with a decent LSAT score.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Sylar
Rookie

Sylar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well I'm in the process of getting my diploma at New York University, by next summer I would be able to practice.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
This is true.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If you wanna work locally and just grind it out as an attorney, you can go to any tier 3 or tier 4 law school with a decent LSAT score.
Might want to get a scholarship if you go this route, though. If you attend one of these schools at full tuition, you're basically asking to be in serious debt for life.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Might want to get a scholarship if you go this route, though. If you attend one of these schools at full tuition, you're basically asking to be in serious debt for life.
This is really true. I have a friend who is currently a 2L at Boston College which is about a top 20 law school. He's on law review, had a good internship, and is ranked relatively high in his class, yet he's still struggling to get a job. Firms are hiring about 1/4 of what they were before 2007, and the law market is brutally over saturated. Thankfully he has a decent scholarship, but he's still going to end up with about 100000k in debt by the time he graduates. I'd love to go to law school, but it's just not practical unless you can really stand out over everyone.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:00 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I'm thinking I just might wait awhile and see if I can land something nice as a paralegal. Maybe down the road go to law school but I would like to pay off some of my current(mounting) debt before I start to add more to it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:32 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
This is really true. I have a friend who is currently a 2L at Boston College which is about a top 20 law school. He's on law review, had a good internship, and is ranked relatively high in his class, yet he's still struggling to get a job. Firms are hiring about 1/4 of what they were before 2007, and the law market is brutally over saturated. Thankfully he has a decent scholarship, but he's still going to end up with about 100000k in debt by the time he graduates. I'd love to go to law school, but it's just not practical unless you can really stand out over everyone.
In my area, most of the recent law school graduates are actually forced to accept jobs as paralegals while they wait for something better to open up.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote