Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-20-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Doug Martin Now #2 in RB Rankings

Well it is about time the Marin climbed the draft Rankings Mayock now his him at number 2 on the RB rankings behind Richardson. I could now see him going late first to early second round. Good for him.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please learn how to spell.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Please learn how to spell.
It's hard with Tebow's ***** in his mouth all the time, leave him alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin's a pretty damn good RB prospect so I have no problem with this. I'm a little less high on Miller than I was a month ago anyway and I'm still not into Wilson before the 3rd .

Last edited by SenorGato : 03-20-2012 at 02:01 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug Martin is basically the same player as Mark Ingram. He just didn't have the benefit of playing on a big stage, in a run-focused offense, behind a great offensive line.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weird..
I just updated my RB rankings and put Martin at #2 as well.
He's a powerful, low center of gravity, workhorse type runner.
Not electric, but durable and powerful enough to push the pile.
A more natural runner than Lamar Miller and more durable/built for the NFL than David Wilson.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock has a huge bias against RB's who can go the distance but aren't very physical and can be tackled way too easy. However, many scouts and GM's disagree with him and prefer the game breaker over the physical runner.
That is why teams send many scouts to view top prospects because everyone of them has their bias's and preferences for each position.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Weird..
I just updated my RB rankings and put Martin at #2 as well.
He's a powerful, low center of gravity, workhorse type runner.
Not electric, but durable and powerful enough to push the pile.
A more natural runner than Lamar Miller and more durable/built for the NFL than David Wilson.
There is no such thing as being "more durable/built for the NFL". RB's of all sizes have had long, successful careers. As well as RB's of all sizes, even the ones with great builds, have failed to stay healthy.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock is so late to the party.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the NFL doesn't want guys like him, please tell the Ravens to send Ray Rice to NE ;)

This guy has been my #2 since the end of the season (and I got time to watch replays of games)
Old 03-20-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still got Miller at #2, but Martin and Wilson are neck and neck for the #3 RB spot on my board.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Mayock is so late to the party.
49erNation85's late to the party. Mayock's had Martin #2 since right after the combine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love me some Doug Martin.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to believe he's going to go in the first round. Teams don't need running backs as much as they used to, but Doug Martin looks to me like he'll be a seriously good one. I was a pretty big Mark Ingram fan last year, and I see Martin as a very similar type of player who might be a bit more sudden. Could quite easily see the Bengals, Lions or Steelers taking him in that early-20's area. Or maybe not the Bengals so much, didn't they just sign BJGE? Just thought of that. He's not nearly as versatile or explosive as Martin, though.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy he sort of reminds me of is Frank Gore. Low center of gravity, decent hands. Good, but not great, speed, but a very solid b/w the tackles guy who will move the chains more than a BGE "stick your head down 4 yard guy".

I can see first round. It'll probably come down to what positions, if any, have a serious run. If there is a run, he probably gets pushed to the 2nd.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Also, "Muscle Hamster" might be as good a nickname as "Pocket Hercules." Is Rich Eisen on that yet?

I'd love him on the Seahawks spelling Marshawn Lynch for 5-10 carries a game, and maybe even returning some kicks.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.

Marvin Lewis was at Boise State's pro day yesterday...

Also, (for all you Kellen haters) Moore threw really well, completed 52-53 passes, and surprised some skeptical scouts.

Read more here
BoiseSt39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been hoping Martin would fall to the Steelers in round two since January. No chance of that now so maybe Lamar Miller is still around then.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseSt39 View Post
Also, (for all you Kellen haters) Moore threw really well, completed 52-53 passes, and surprised some skeptical scouts.
Were any of them passed the LOS? (/s)

Moore's problem isn't accuracy. He's as accurate as anyone. His problem is he's a backup QB.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Part Man
Part Hamster

...All Muscle

BRAVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Moore's problem isn't accuracy. He's as accurate as anyone. His problem is he's a backup QB.
I'm trying to understand the logic of this post. Kellen's accurate, but not capable of starting in the NFL?

I think Kellen Moore (or any QB sans Luck or RGIII) is focused on getting drafted and competing for a roster spot. I don't see how that's a "problem".
BoiseSt39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseSt39 View Post
I'm trying to understand the logic of this post. Kellen's accurate, but not capable of starting in the NFL?

I think Kellen Moore (or any QB sans Luck or RGIII) is focused on getting drafted and competing for a roster spot. I don't see how that's a "problem".
Colt McCoy is accurate, but he's a backup QB.

Backups are safe players with 0 upside, ie Kellen Moore.

The worst thing for Moore is that he's left handed, so any team with a right handed starter will likely have to consider passing on him because the line will be structured for a right handed thrower. His blindside blocker will be a RT and places like Miami could use a significant upgrade to that position. However, Jake Long doesn't play RT. Some tackles can't.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And in related news... I completed 20 out of 21 throws to my friend from 10 yards away the other day.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Good backups can make $1-$2M per year, not sure why that is a problem?
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
The guy he sort of reminds me of is Frank Gore. Low center of gravity, decent hands. Good, but not great, speed, but a very solid b/w the tackles guy who will move the chains more than a BGE "stick your head down 4 yard guy".

I can see first round. It'll probably come down to what positions, if any, have a serious run. If there is a run, he probably gets pushed to the 2nd.
That's funny you say that, I thought the same thing watching highlights of David Wilson. Though, David Wilson never seems to run between the tackles.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote