Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I don't defend them. They were wrong and their punishment is just, I have never implied otherwise. My point is I have a big

for any fan of an NFL team who thinks that players and coaches across the league don't take advantage of every situation they can, to include picking on nagging injuries of their opponent.
This is true. I recall a few fears ago when LT cried during a press conference when Danny Clark knuckled him in the ribs at the bottom of a pile a few times. It happens with every team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2251894

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
This is true. I recall a few fears ago when LT cried during a press conference when Danny Clark knuckled him in the ribs at the bottom of a pile a few times. It happens with every team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2251894
Well, I will never support or defend that "bottom of the pile" garbage either, yet I am aware that it also happens. Look, I will not defend my team's head coach for lying and use the defense that "every one else does it". Wrong is wrong, period.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lulz at the Saints. I think this is hilarious, and i'd love nothing more to watch them all sit their asses for a year and lose a ton of money for being dirty little bitches. Hope you can still afford NFL Sunday Ticket, Saints.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Well, I will never support or defend that "bottom of the pile" garbage either, yet I am aware that it also happens. Look, I will not defend my team's head coach for lying and use the defense that "every one else does it". Wrong is wrong, period.
I think we are on the same page. I guess I'm trying to be open as a Raider fan pointing out the crap that my team pulled on defense at one point.

It happens. I will admit it. But I don't defend it.

And that's why I think the Saints should be punished greatly.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more i see this the more upset i get about how soft saints defenses have been under GW

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Lulz at the Saints. I think this is hilarious, and i'd love nothing more to watch them all sit their asses for a year and lose a ton of money for being dirty little bitches. Hope you can still afford NFL Sunday Ticket, Saints.

No one cares what a Cowboys fan has to say.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any reasonable fan will deny that this goes on or something similar goes on across the league. The Packers were reported to have a bounty system that only involved the players, but they stopped when they were told to. The Saints are being made examples of what happens when you don't listen in this case.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
GallopingGhost
Veteran

GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a little harsh.. lol. If i'm a pro football player, i'm doing whatever is being asked of me by my coach to get that paycheck. The ******* who enforced the bounty got what they had coming to them and that's that.
GallopingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallopingGhost View Post
That's a little harsh.. lol. If i'm a pro football player, i'm doing whatever is being asked of me by my coach to get that paycheck. The ******* who enforced the bounty got what they had coming to them and that's that.
Accepting the illegal money and being involved in a system that is against the rules doesn't exempt you from punishment just because it was orchestrated by the coaches. The players should have known what they were doing is against the rules, and ignorance isn't a valid excuse.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
GallopingGhost
Veteran

GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Accepting the illegal money and being involved in a system that is against the rules doesn't exempt you from punishment just because it was orchestrated by the coaches. The players should have known what they were doing is against the rules, and ignorance isn't a valid excuse.
Absolutely the players were in the wrong, but i think the only players that were in position to do something were the Captains. I can't see a player fighting for his starting spot stand up and say what they were doing was wrong because it might cost them their job. The Coaches were more at fault than the players by a longshot and i don't believe any of the players should be punished.
GallopingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who's your team? Because chances are if we play you we're going to beat the **** out of you. Our team won't lose much of a beat and expect a response close to what the Pats showed after spygate.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
The Saints have one Superbowl win. The 49ers have five.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Saints have one Superbowl win. The 49ers have five.
None with that mediocre ass hat that is Alex Smith. That's what I was pointing out. Boy the butt hurt towards the saints is exceptionally strong in this one.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
None with that mediocre ass hat that is Alex Smith. That's what I was pointing out. Boy the butt hurt towards the saints is exceptionally strong in this one.
At the end of the day I don't even care about the Saints, I just think it's hilarious how hard you're defending that kind of behavior. It's pure homerism at its worst.

But I'm the one who is butthurt.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what? Why the **** would you bring up Super Bowl victories from the past?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the Saints are now basically saying "it was all Gregg Williams. We told him to stop!!!!"
Old 04-05-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
At the end of the day I don't even care about the Saints, I just think it's hilarious how hard you're defending that kind of behavior. It's pure homerism at its worst.

But I'm the one who is butthurt.
Link me on where I defended the behavior. Thinking the punishment is too harsh because a lot of other clubs do the same thing is not defending it.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So what? Why the **** would you bring up Super Bowl victories from the past?
Because Alex Smith is also Super Bowl proof too.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And then lost to a team we butt raped. So congrats on a playoff win I guess?
Yep, you beat the Giants almost as well as the Rams beat you. Congratulations on your playoff loss, I guess?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because Alex Smith is also Super Bowl proof too.
So you're defending the Saints by stating that Alex Smith sucks?

When in doubt, bring up Alex Smith. Was the Chewbacca defense not available?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How embarrassed is Greg Williams after having his cute little speech regarding the Niners released? That just makes Alex Smith hanging 36 on his "nasty" d even funnier.

If he gets any better with his motivational speaking, he will be "living in a van down by the river."
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

believe it or not the homerism towards the saints is something a come across every day. its funny how they act like they've been winning forever.

they make it too easy to cheer on goodell

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.