Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So you're defending the Saints by stating that Alex Smith sucks?

When in doubt, bring up Alex Smith. Was the Chewbacca defense not available?
Are you ********? I was merely responding to a picture with a picture. None of that had anything to do with defending the saints.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
noooooooooooo

thats just dirty players, be doing that **** all the time. ask fat Al.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Kill the head, and the body dies."

The only head I remember being killed was Pierre Thomas'.... lmao
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

While I'm, sure this type of thing goes on all over the NFL I have no sympathy for any Saints fan who whines over the punishment doled out by the NFL.

Not only did they lie about a bounty system, they kept on doing it after they knew an investigation was going on. I can't tell if it's arrogance or stupidity that kept Williams and the Saints from stopping.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GM of the Whitesox, Kenny Williams (Kyle's dad) on GW...

"Best I'm not in room with Gregg Williams"
Old 04-05-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Are you ********? I was merely responding to a picture with a picture. None of that had anything to do with defending the saints.
I like you Bert, but you have been trying way too hard in this thread to defend the Saints when they are clearly in the wrong. I know you love your team but your homerism is strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I like you Bert, but you have been trying way too hard in this thread to defend the Saints when they are clearly in the wrong. I know you love your team but your homerism is strong.
I feel this way as well.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
THEY ARE WRONG ZOMG WHAT THEY DID WAS WRONG

I have never had a problem saying this I just think Williams/Loomis/Payton/Vilma are to blame not really the players. That's all I've ever tried to get across.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
THEY ARE WRONG ZOMG WHAT THEY DID WAS WRONG

I have never had a problem saying this I just think Williams/Loomis/Payton/Vilma are to blame not really the players. That's all I've ever tried to get across.
Edited: this might be too political, not trynna get banned.

Last edited by Bulldogs : 04-05-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"Kill the head, and the body dies."

The only head I remember being killed was Pierre Thomas'.... lmao
I wasn't really bothered by that line until I heard him talking about checking to see if a player was going to suffer another concussion. That 'number 10'. It made it feel as if he was saying 'kill number 10's head'

Other than that and taking a shot at Crabtree's ACL, I didn't really hear anything bad. . . that said, when you add those two lines into the tape you have to admit he went overboard.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Other than that and taking a shot at Crabtree's ACL, I didn't really hear anything bad. . . that said, when you add those two lines into the tape you have to admit he went overboard.
He said Crabtree's outside ACL so I don't see the big deal.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Irvin has chimed in:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lliams-speech/

Quote:
“Since you were a baby you’ve understood never take out a man’s knees and on this tape he’s talking about taking out an ACL,” Irvin said on NFL Network. “I almost threw up when I heard it. I pulled back any covers that I may have had for a coach. If he is out of the league forever, it would be only the right thing to do.”
I wonder if, to some extent, we'll see former offensive players having a bigger problem with this than former defensive players?
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I wasn't really bothered by that line until I heard him talking about checking to see if a player was going to suffer another concussion. That 'number 10'. It made it feel as if he was saying 'kill number 10's head'

Idk it's just some guys talk like that. Les Miles only referes to players by their numbers.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Idk it's just some guys talk like that. Les Miles only referes to players by their numbers.
I don't think the issue is with him identifying a player by number...
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
I don't think the issue is with him identifying a player by number...
It does dehumanize the player a bit. That's probably something common among defensive coaches so that their players don't hold back.

But yeah, that's not really the issue here. It's specifically stating to attack a player with a history of concussions to try and give him another one.

Other than outright gambling, I'm not sure there is something worse you can get caught doing in today's NFL.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gregg Williams is a classless scumbag, and the Saints are just as bad, if not worse, for letting this continue. The entire organization and coaching staff, to the players involved.

Yet, Saints fans and ownership think it's an unfair punishment. After listening to that, I'm starting to think Goodell didn't do enough.

I applaud the rat who narked on them. They should be rewarded. Still think it's Shockey. Goodlel would never reveal his sources.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also just to clarify I hate that I have to defend what they did. But with the blatant overwhelming "hang em!" mentality in this thread I feel compelled to defend my team and I'll do so no matter how much of a homer it makes me look. I figured fans of sports teams could at least respect that stance.
You might as well stick up for your team because not too many others will. Using the everyone else is doing it defense isnt going to work though, the judge doesnt want to hear that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder, after all this leaked, the judge goes back and thinks they weren't punished enough in the appeals process. Payton looks like a fool for apealing.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too bad the Saints weren't better at actually acquiring their bounties. I mean, if they had followed orders and concussed Kyle Williams, the WORSTEZZZZZ QB EVERZZZ Alex Smith might be sporting a ring.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I wonder, after all this leaked, the judge goes back and thinks they weren't punished enough in the appeals process. Payton looks like a fool for apealing.
It was mostly just to buy more time. He gets to keep working until the appeal is heard as far as I know, same for Vitt. They can get some last minute preparations ready for their replacements.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It does dehumanize the player a bit. That's probably something common among defensive coaches so that their players don't hold back.
I highly doubt it was meant to be dehumanizing. That's how you identify opposing players in game plans, while watching film, and in practice. Without looking it up, do you know what Lions WR wears #82? Probably not. But unless you're blind you'd have no trouble seeing #82 on the field. If you say take out Kyle Williams, most of the players might not know who's you're talking about. If you say take out #10, everyone knows who you're talking about. The same thing goes for knowing stuff like coverage responsibilities. On a certain play you might know you have to cover #83, there's no reason to know his name.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the biggest problems with the "everyone else does it" storyline, is that we have heard about one other bounty system in recent years, and it looked nothing like this. Al Harris and Charles Woodson allegedly offered cash incentives to their DL, if they could hold Adrian Peterson to less than 100 yards rushing. They probably offered similar "bounties" in other games. This type of thing is probably ubiquitous in the NFL, and the Packers just happened to catch the NFL's attention. Some of the differences are notable, however:

1. It was apparently a players-only fund. Coaches and outside parties weren't involved.
2. They apparently stopped when the NFL said "That's BAD! STOP THAT!!!"
3. They weren't trying to injure AD, they just set the (fairly unambitious) goal of holding him to under 100 yards rushing.

I suspect that the Packers bounty system is probably the norm, and the Saints bounty system is probably an extreme outlier. The NFL frowns on both, and it was made pretty clear that the Packers would face league sanctions if they didn't end the system immediately.

When people say "the NFL is a violent game you guys just can't accept that this happenzzz everywherezzzzz" they're just setting up and attacking a strawman. Guys, this isn't a Chinese Checkers forum: we know that NFL players try to hit hard, and we know that it's encouraged. You aren't saying anything enlightening.

Last edited by WCH : 04-05-2012 at 11:33 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sticking up for anything that was done, but the 49ers fans are in here posting "umad" pictures and stuff of Alex Smith like they just won 15 superbowls over us. I've never seen a fanbase so happy about winning a game of such significance.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I'm not sticking up for anything that was done, but the 49ers fans are in here posting "umad" pictures and stuff of Alex Smith like they just won 15 superbowls over us. I've never seen a fanbase so happy about winning a game of such significance.
please do not associate a few with the whole.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote