Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think he was more less referring to positional value to his team at this point. While Wright's obviously more valuable (let's not act like I'm getting Miggy here though, he needs Bentancourt moreso than Wright. It's cool though, hopefully we can work something out.
Unjustifiable. You don't give away that much value without making any effort to get fair value.

He is NOT that desperate for a middle tier closer. It's the goddamn preseason still. You don't win the league with a prefect team from Day One.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On closer look, Hines has THREE closers already and would have a gaping hole at either 2B or 3B without Wright.

On no level does this make any sense.

Forgive me, but I'm already completely turned off from the thought of taking this league seriously. I feel like I'll be combating ridiculous trades all season long and this isn't worth my time.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Hines, you admit you proposed a deal knowing you were being ripped off?

How can any one of us accept that? It ***** with the competitive balance of the league. Just because we're not knocking down your door offering you trades (it's PRESEASON, mind you), doesn't mean you are permitted to panic and do stupid **** like this. Why are you even in a fantasy league if you're admittedly sabotaging your own attempts to win?
ATL basically said what I meant. He and I will talk more. I didn't panic, just needed to fix a hole I have with my team. I've seen Betancourt ranked differently other places as well.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On closer look, Hines has THREE closers already and would have a gaping hole at either 2B or 3B without Wright.

On no level does this make any sense.

Forgive me, but I'm already completely turned off from the thought of taking this league seriously. I feel like I'll be combating ridiculous trades all season long and this isn't worth my time.
I could move Michael Young to 3B and have Cuddy or Murphy play 2B.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Chill man. The deal didn't go through.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Chill man. The deal didn't go through.
I'm aware it didn't go through. It's not about one deal. It's just annoying as hell when an owner identifies himself as an unbelievable chump and knows he's ripping himself off, but does it anyway.

A league is only as good as it's worst member.

Last edited by Xiomera : 04-02-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I could move Michael Young to 3B and have Cuddy or Murphy play 2B.
Murphy isn't even ******* close to being a starting caliber 2B in a 12-team league.

The difference between Murphy and Wright is ENORMOUS.

The difference between Betancourt and the guy he'd replace in your lineup, Frank Francisco, is tiny.

You're losing the value differential on a colossal scale. There's no way you could argue otherwise.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
ATL basically said what I meant. He and I will talk more. I didn't panic, just needed to fix a hole I have with my team. I've seen Betancourt ranked differently other places as well.

You can look at any ranking in existence and every goddamn one would tell you David Wright should be drafted rounds 4-6 and Betancourt WAY, WAY outside the top 150 or so players.

It's a liability to have someone in the league who is willing to ignore such an absurd discrepancy.

Last edited by Xiomera : 04-02-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Acquiring a closer helps you in ONE category — Saves

Sure, he'll have a good ERA and some strikeouts, but those can be acquired in equal quantity with any decent setup man, of which there are a ton of guys to pick from (and they'll come at a tenth of the cost).

But when you trade a player like Wright, who makes significant contributions to every hitting category and at a level far and away better than an average free agent can, you lose across the board in hitting.

That's why top 40 hitters are ALWAYS more valuable than even the best closer in baseball.

You would have hurt your team in 6 offensive categories for the sake of improving ONE pitching category.

Last edited by Xiomera : 04-02-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The deal didn't go through. It's done and over with. Let's move on from it. It was a dumb trade and it got vetoed. That's the end of it.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Who is Larry Bernandez? What forum member?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I thought it was you at first.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

asdf.

10 char.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Didn't he already do a trade with you involving Pence?

I'm really confused.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Didn't he already do a trade with you involving Pence?

I'm really confused.

Quote:
I actually meant to have Bourn in there instead of Pence as asdf and I discussed. We had gone back and forth on putting Pence or Bruce in the deal (in addition to Bourn), but my mind was just mush at that point, so I made the mistake of giving him both with no Bourn.
^. We had worked out the deal over PM, I just made the mistake when proposing the deal. Since it was my fault I told him he could hold onto Pence if he wanted, or he could offer me Pence for Bourn and I'd honor it...
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

So basically you meant to win the previous trade by an even larger margin?

Man, we've got some suckers in this league.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid question, but I can't find the answer. Is there a start limit?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Stupid question, but I can't find the answer. Is there a start limit?
No. There should be, but I didn't see a setting for one anywhere.

Minimum innings is 25 per week, which might end up being raised. That's only like 4 starts a week, plus we have relievers.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Wait a second. I found it.

I've enabled a maximum of 5 add/drops per week. Streaming players tends to ruin things.

ATL, if you disagree with this, we can discuss an alternative, but I'm gonna go ahead and make the change.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Fine by me.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Anyone interested in a deal? I've got a bit of a log jam now that Harper and Trout were called up.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I find it difficult to invest too much in this league. We made rosters too shallow for a league with daily lineup changes. I regret that.

I've never done a H2H league for baseball, either.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

These divisions look way, way lopsided ...

I'm in 5th place in my division and would be in 1st place in the other division.

Why do we have them again? They have no purpose.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Sample size...
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Small sample for now, but it runs deeper than that. Two teams in your division don't even set their lineup. They still have players on the DL in their starting lineup and never make daily changes.