Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who is the 3rd best WR in the draft?
Kendall Wright [Baylor] 39 46.99%
Stephen Hill [Georgia Tech] 31 37.35%
Rueben Randle [LSU] 5 6.02%
Alshon Jeffery [South Carolina] 8 9.64%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
WRs who are 6'4, run a 4.35, have a 40" vertical, and average 29 yards per catch come along about once every never. Some team is going to fall in love with the upside and take Hill higher than most people are expecting.
I'm going on a limb and saying we take him @ #22. Welcome to Cleveland, Mr. Hill
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
WRs who are 6'4, run a 4.35, have a 40" vertical, and average 29 yards per catch come along about once every never. Some team is going to fall in love with the upside and take Hill higher than most people are expecting.
actually it kinda seems like theres one every 2-3 years lol

and it kinda seems like its georgia tech producing them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
actually it kinda seems like theres one every 2-3 years lol

and it kinda seems like its georgia tech producing them
Especially with the yards per catch stat. That offense is made for small amount of catches that are just made for simple 1 on 1 matchups for deep balls.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hill was refined, he'd be AJ Green and he'd be a top 5 pick.

But he's raw. So he's going to be a late 1st rounder. You can't ignore his measurables. They are just too eye popping to ignore. He has great work ethic, character, his tape isn't bad it's just limited. Somebody is going to gamble on him.

On the right team, in the right system, this guy could be the best WR from this draft class. Wouldn't surprise me at all. He's my #3 guy, and I really hope he falls to the Giants.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one seeing Hill being a tad overrated now? He's a top athlete, but I'll take guys like Michael Floyd and Kendall Wright above Hill without a doubt. Hill is going to be very raw his rookie season, and likely make much less of an impact compared to the other 1st round WR's. He may have more down the line potential then say a Kendall Wright, but his bust potential has to be higher. Hill will still go in the 20's or 30's similar to DT and Denver, but he's the 4th WR on my board.

Blackmon
Floyd
Wright
Hill
Jeffery
Sanu
Randle
Adams
Streeter
Quick

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't draft a guy for 1 year though. You draft a guy to develop. If a team feels that they can develop Hill then they'll take him before Wright.

It also depends on your teams needs. Some teams don't have the luxury of having a 1st round pick sit on the bench for 1 or 2 years and develop while others do.

It all depends on the team, the system, the player development program within the organization, and of course, the player. None of us know or have the information on any of these players the way teams do. They know a lot more about their acumen, character, ability to get coached, work ethic, desire, etc.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You don't draft a guy for 1 year though. You draft a guy to develop. If a team feels that they can develop Hill then they'll take him before Wright.

It also depends on your teams needs. Some teams don't have the luxury of having a 1st round pick sit on the bench for 1 or 2 years and develop while others do.

It all depends on the team, the system, the player development program within the organization, and of course, the player. None of us know or have the information on any of these players the way teams do. They know a lot more about their acumen, character, ability to get coached, work ethic, desire, etc.
So coaches/GM's only have 1 year to do anything though, sure the more grounded teams could afford to draft Hill but those teams are usually drafting near the back of the 1st. WR needy teams like the Jets or Chargers need a WR to step into the 1/2 role now, not in 3 years. Michael Floyd is a WR that can do that in the mid 1st round, while I see Hill's value fitting somewhere in the 23-32 range.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
So coaches/GM's only have 1 year to do anything though, sure the more grounded teams could afford to draft Hill but those teams are usually drafting near the back of the 1st. WR needy teams like the Jets or Chargers need a WR to step into the 1/2 role now, not in 3 years. Michael Floyd is a WR that can do that in the mid 1st round, while I see Hill's value fitting somewhere in the 23-32 range.
Which is right where his value should be. I never said he should be a top 10 pick, his value being 23-32 is exactly where he belongs.

If he was polished he'd be a top 5 pick. But he's not, so he's a late 1st guy.

Wright is my 3B (I have Hill 3A and Wright 3B) but what hurts Wright is his average height.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
initial_flo
Rookie

initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.

Me and 6 others stand strong with Alshon. Dude was getting top 5 hype a year ago.

Im not abandoning ship just because Smelley or Garcia or whoever were throwing him passes last year or that he was too scared to run the 40 or that the third search on Google for him is "Alshon Jeffery Fat."

I stand at the front of the miniature bandwagon, dude can play
Old 03-28-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Wright. Easily.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it is worth, the NFL Network ran a piece on WR's in Path to the Draft and concluded that only 3 WR's were guaranteed to be taken in round 1, Blackmon, Floyd and Hill. Wright is viewed as strictly a slot receiver and could possibly go very late round 1 or more likely round 2. Jeffery is being compared to Mike Williams, the WR Matt Millen took early in round 1 and who was a total flop till 2 years ago when he made a dramatic return to pro football and was just OK. He is definitely round 2 material.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To add on the Wright value I found this from Nolan Nawrocki

Baylor receiver Kendall Wright totaled just four reps on the 225-pound bench press at his Pro Day, raising concerns. “I know there are teams that have him sitting in the second and even third round after that workout,” he said.

Can't wait, every year we have dozens of head scratchers, but what the hell do we know anyways
3. RB - Jeremy Hill - LSU
4. C - Travis Swanson - Arkansas
4. DT - Justin Ellis - Louisianna Tech
6. LB - Kevin Pierre-Louis - Boston College
6. WR - Jeremy Gallon - Michigan
7. OG - Zach Fulton - Tennessee

UDFA
QB - Stephen Morris - Miami
CB - Kendall James - Maine
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i figured this was a good spot to put this, my take on wide outs. i like bigger and quicker types with big hands. still have yet to watch tape on all of these guys but just a few i like:

Stephen Hill (obviously) Georgia Tech
6'4" 215lbs - great size and weight, huge hands
4.36 40 time blistering speed
14 reps of 225
39.5" vert redzone fade routes all day
4.48 shuttle a little slower than id like to see but still good for his size

Brian Quick App St.
6'3" 220lbs - great size BIG hands
4.55 40 time - good speed for his size
15 reps of 225
34" vert

Marvin McNutt Iowa
6'2" 216lbs
4.54 40 time
4.07 shuttle
37" vert

Marvin Jones (one of my fav prospects this year) Cal
6'2" 199lbs - good size 10 1/4" hands!!!
4.46 40 time - very good straight line speed
22 reps of 225 - very strong upper body
4.11 shuttle - quick in and out of cuts
33" vert - good hops

I dont have Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, or Streeter on here but do like them all as well....Wright obviously isnt big but i see him as a desean jackson type

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Wright gives me a woody when I watch him play. I think he'll get drafted around where DeSean Jackson should've got drafted.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
For what it is worth, the NFL Network ran a piece on WR's in Path to the Draft and concluded that only 3 WR's were guaranteed to be taken in round 1, Blackmon, Floyd and Hill. Wright is viewed as strictly a slot receiver and could possibly go very late round 1 or more likely round 2. Jeffery is being compared to Mike Williams, the WR Matt Millen took early in round 1 and who was a total flop till 2 years ago when he made a dramatic return to pro football and was just OK. He is definitely round 2 material.
Mike Williams was pretty beastly that season though.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote