Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-11-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadsworth View Post
I think Reiff's potential as a LT is being exaggerated by many at this point. He might be able to the play the position, but I doubt he will ever be more than passable as a LT.
He is the second best LT prospect in the draft. He could be a top 10 LT if he pans out.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'd agree. I think he's the 2nd best LT prospect on the board. Cordy Glenn is the popular guy right now, assuming he transitions to OT the way Brandon Albert did. But overall, even if his stock is falling for some reason, I still think he'll turn out to be one of the better players in this draft class.

On a side note, My Lions invited Whitney Mercilus in for a visit today. Looks like they are thinking/hoping he falls to them in round 2. Another possibility could be that they are legitimately shopping Cliff Avril around.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Bengals have agreed to terms with CB Terrence Newman. Does that take them out of early consideration for a CB in rounds 1-2?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ehhhh maybe rounds 1-2 unless they really like a guy, but not really. Newman is old, oft-injured and really kinda terrible right now. If anything, he'd be more of a veteran stop gap for the rookies
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
On a side note, My Lions invited Whitney Mercilus in for a visit today. Looks like they are thinking/hoping he falls to them in round 2. Another possibility could be that they are legitimately shopping Cliff Avril around.
I am confused as to why you think the Lions are thinking/hoping Mercilus falls to them in round 2.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Because I really think they're going in another direction in round 1, unless they intend to move back. If they drop back 3-5 spots and pick up another selection, I'd be okay with Mercilus in round 1.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of his, and I think he's going to be upended by a few other defensive ends that are climbing up the charts right now.

By the way, I had a dream that the Lions went back to a 3-4 Defense last night. I'm not entirely sure why.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like the Bengals have agreed to terms with CB Terrence Newman. Does that take them out of early consideration for a CB in rounds 1-2?
Clements, Newman and Pacman are all free agents in 2013 so I doubt it
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals have been targeting a Corner at 17 for a while. They seem to be keyed in on Dre Kirkpatrick and Stephen Gilmore. I only expect one of them to be available at the time they pick.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to SI draft analyst Tony Pauline, there's a "very real chance" that the Bears will use the No. 19 overall pick on Baylor WR Kendall Wright.
CBS Sports' Dane Brugler previously reported that Bears brass was smitten with Wright at Baylor's Pro Day. Chicago shouldn't be finished addressing its wideout corps after the Brandon Marshall trade. Earl Bennett is a slot receiver only, and the Bears still lack a vertical field stretcher at the position. Pauline also reports that Chicago is high on Boise State DE/LB Shea McClellin. Related: BearsSource: TFY Draft Insider

per rotoworld.com
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Not a chance. He's 34 and was beaten badly last year. As a 4th corner he's ok. But thats the best you can hope fro from him.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
The Bengals have been targeting a Corner at 17 for a while. They seem to be keyed in on Dre Kirkpatrick and Stephen Gilmore. I only expect one of them to be available at the time they pick.
This is what i have been hearing. Also could see DeCastro or Kuechly at #17 if any of them fall.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
This is what i have been hearing. Also could see DeCastro or Kuechly at #17 if any of them fall.
I don't see DeCastro getting past the Cardinals. I hear Arizona loves him.

Kuechly could be interesting. Can't rule out the Eagles still taking him even with DeMeco Ryans. If the Eagles don't, I don't see a team in the top 16 that take him.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:30 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The big unknown for the Bengals is how Leon Hall is progressing. If they really feel he's on track to be ready game 1, I'm not convinced they view CB as a big need.

In addition to Hall, Jason Allen was the team's highest priced outside FA signing this year and was likely signed to be the #2. That's a decent top 2, both under contract for 2013 also.

Between Nate Clements, Pacman Jones and Terrence Newman as the #3-5 guys, the depth is fine.

And they have a ton of guys on 1 year contracts at all positions on D. CB isn't unique in that regard.

In short, if CB is BPA, then they'll pull the trigger. But there isn't such a big need there that they have to reach. I think at 17, they are really just sitting there hoping a top 10 type talent falls into their lap. Could be Decastro, Reiff, Cox, Coples, Floyd, etc. and they wouldn't pass on a higher rated guy on their board for a CB in my opinion.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By Nolan Nawrocki
The following quotes are from NFL executives, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• "The more Courtney Upshaw talked (in the interview process), the more I got scared. He has a lot of distractions in his life. There are a lot of concerns there. We need an edge guy, but we wouldn't touch him in the first (round). I'd have hesitations in the second where we're picking, after hearing him talk about grabbing his girlfriend by the hair."

• "You can't take away (Baylor WR Kendall) Wright's production. He is falling (in the draft), but he's still a playmaker."

• "(Wisconsin OG Kevin) Zeitler struggles in pass pro a little bit. The program is known for its run blocking. That’s their flavor of the day. He has 31-inch arms and gets out of sorts in pass protection."

• "(Former LSU CB) Patrick Peterson had one unique quality — he could fly. That is why he went where he did. He has been more productive as a punt returner than he has been as a corner. He won games as a returner. (Morris) Claiborne is not as fast. I worry about LSU skill guys — look at the corners and safeties and receivers that have come out of the program. How many have been free of issues coming out?"

• "(Iowa OLT) Riley Reiff is a guard all the way. He is a tough, grinding guard — the same as (Ravens All-Pro and former Hawkeye Marshal) Yanda. That’s what I think he is."

• "Everyone says (South Carolina CB) Stephon Gilmore is rising after his workout. That is what I am hearing on the street. He is a big corner, and everyone is going big now. The value is in the late first. I’ve heard teams talking about him in the top 10."

• "(Washington RB Chris) Polk was productive on a (bad) team, but he gained weight this year and lost some speed and did not have any burst. He was coming off knee surgery. I’m not sure if he ever had explosive speed, to be honest. We have him in the fifth (round)."

• "(South Carolina WR) Alshon Jeffery can't run a lick. Show me the tape where he separates with speed or quickness."

• "I hope that big sucker (Alabama RB Trent Richardson) does not come to our division. He's a man's man. I don't want to see him twice a year."
Old 04-12-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
• "(Washington RB Chris) Polk was productive on a (bad) team, but he gained weight this year and lost some speed and did not have any burst. He was coming off knee surgery. I’m not sure if he ever had explosive speed, to be honest. We have him in the fifth (round)."
And he exacerbated it with a really crappy Senior Bowl practice wk. Polk dropped like a stone.

Quote:
• "Everyone says (South Carolina CB) Stephon Gilmore is rising after his workout. That is what I am hearing on the street. He is a big corner, and everyone is going big now. The value is in the late first. I’ve heard teams talking about him in the top 10."
He's more experienced than Kirkpatrick, both did well vs. Randle, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jeffrey & other top SEC WRs but they're saying Gilmore is a more "physical" corner (not sure wth that really means, but whatever).

Quote:
• "I hope that big sucker (Alabama RB Trent Richardson) does not come to our division. He's a man's man. I don't want to see him twice a year."
He's been fearsome since his freshman yr. when he flattened people. Despite the declining value of RBs in general in the NFL b/c of the low shelf life now, in this draft there's Richardson, then there's everyone else, his nickname s/b Highlight Reel. Holmgren is way too experienced & smart to let him get past Cleveland at #4. The entire Alabama fanbase will really miss Trent Richardson, but he already has 2 kids so no one blames his early draft entry with early 1st rd megabucks waiting.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Mayock Comments

He would not have Quentin Coples on his draft board and would not pick him in the 1st round.

There is also a growing feeling

That no one would not be shocked if both Rueben Randle and Brian Quick went higher than Jeffery and Hill.

Last edited by JohnCandy : 04-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scheft says that the Vikings will pass on Matt Kalil at 3.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
He was saying last week if they don't move down from 3, they'll take Justin Blackmon there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then I would laugh... But you guys don't seriously believe that (look at the calendars, lol), do you?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
I don't see DeCastro getting past the Cardinals. I hear Arizona loves him.

Kuechly could be interesting. Can't rule out the Eagles still taking him even with DeMeco Ryans. If the Eagles don't, I don't see a team in the top 16 that take him.
Both Kansas City and Seattle could use Kuechly. I really don't think he gets past the Seahawks at 12. He could go as high as 7 to Jacksonville. Theyneed a MLB.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly69 View Post
Both Kansas City and Seattle could use Kuechly. I really don't think he gets past the Seahawks at 12. He could go as high as 7 to Jacksonville. Theyneed a MLB.
Didn't Jacksonville just give Paul Poz a huge contract?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly69 View Post
No. Poz just had a very good season and is signed for a while.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
He was saying last week if they don't move down from 3, they'll take Justin Blackmon there.
Really? Blackmon over Kalil and Claiborne? That would be a surprise. If they passed on the tackle I would think it would be for the corner.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
They should not pass on him but if they do for Blackmon I would argue that makes some sense. Ponder does need a number 1 WR. Blackmon/Harvin/Rudolph/Carlson/Peterson/Gerhart would give them a good group of skill position guys. That said their number 1 need is LT followed by CB. So if they took Blackmon they would have to hope a solid option at OT or CB is their in the second/third.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadsworth View Post
No. Poz just had a very good season and is signed for a while.
But he's injury prone. Always was in Buffalo anyway.