Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-03-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm just not a fan of the Winn and Bergstrom picks. At DE the 49ers have Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Ricky Jean Francois, Will Tukuafu, Demarcus Dobbs, and sometimes Ian Williams. If a 5-tech is drafted, I'd hope that he was clearly BPA and I'm not convinced that Winn is.

As for Bergstrom, I like him, but he's not the type of swing that they need. The 49ers have Anthony Davis and Alex Boone at RT and Mike Person as RT/RG. The player they need to target is a G/C type that can compete with Daniel Kilgore.
Winn was a future/depth type pick, but what you brought up makes sense, and I will have to rethink my 9ers picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. As for Berstrom, I hear that, and thank you for the insight, it makes sense, and I was clearly unaware. As usual, I appreciate the insight, and will rep you for the feedback, which I will keep in mind moving forward, and for the sake of making this a run-on sentence will continue to type just for the sake of doing so, just because I feel like it at the current moment in time...
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
You're correct about Zach Brown not fitting NE's base defense. But, they were in that 25-30 pct of the time. He picked Zach Brown because he might be as valuable as your nickel db or slot cover guy. Doubt Belichick does it. But, he can play lb in any sub package. He may not be physical. But, the formations out there he'd be lining up against aren't either. Teams 3wr sets and te. No lead blocker at fb. No two te's to create mis-matches.
Yes, that's it
Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
james makes alot of sense, especially filling in for Best, do you think that they will look for more of a full time guy first, with LeShoure's apparent future legal issue's? I have had James in the second round of my last couple mocks, but have him falling to mid third in this one. I like the fit if thats what they need in the second, although I would think more of a feature back type might be the priority at the moment...
I don't see the Lions as a team in the market for a feature back. They're really a pass-first offense. Mikel LeShoure, assuming he's eligible to play, would likely be the "every down" guy. Jahvid Best is your change of pace. And the Lions picking a RB would really just be a preventative maneuver in case one of them can't go.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Oakland is a 3-4? News to us.
http://tfdssports.com/2012-articles/...4-defense.html
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...to-3-4-defense
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...ama-nt-chapman

I am not sure if they are or not, it does not sound like they are ready to commit to it as their base D, which is why I ended my comment with a question mark (Looking to replace Wimbley, the Raiders pick up Massaquoi for their new 3-4?). It certainly looks like a possibility thought.

What direction/pick would make more sense to you at that spot?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I don't see the Lions as a team in the market for a feature back. They're really a pass-first offense. Mikel LeShoure, assuming he's eligible to play, would likely be the "every down" guy. Jahvid Best is your change of pace. And the Lions picking a RB would really just be a preventative maneuver in case one of them can't go.
I get that they are pass first, but can they win that way? Being that one dimensional is a detriment IMO. I saw that they brought Smith back, so you are probably right, and that was the "preventative maneuver"... It'll be interesting to see what they do.
What do you think about these combos in the first 2 rounds;
1 -Barron (SS)/B. Washington (G/T)
2 -Jenkins (CB)/G. Iloka (S)
3 - M. Adams (LT)/ T. Johnson (CB/S)
Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
Atlanta doesn't have any need at the pivot. Todd McClure is a top 10 C in the NFL and his future replacement of Joe Hawley has already been selected and is being groomed now.
I am not sure why, but I was under the impression that they liked Hawley at guard, but you would know better than me, so thank you for the information, I will keep it in mind :) Who would you take in the third in this situation?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
It is a possiability, but i don't see him lasting that long. I could see Dallas or Jets taking him ahead of the Bengals. I think they are pretty happy with SS postion with 2 young SS already in Mays and Sands.
Makes sense, I am not as big on Barron as most are, although I do think he is a quality first round pick and the clear #1 S prospect in the draft. I am starting to think WR more and more by the day. Do you think this "veteran" approach to the CB spot is the right one? I dont see how a washed up Newman helps much in the present, and at all in the long run...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
Very good KC draft. Like getting the NT in the 2nd. Terrified of Poe in the 1st at this point.
Thank you, I appreciate it. Poe is quickly becoming the biggest "boom or bust" prospect in this draft IMO. Watching him, the biggest issue I see is his eyes, if he can learn/be taught to keep his head up and eyes on the prize, he could turn into an animal, if not "terrified" is understandable... If K.C. can do that and takes him, they could have a scary front. My question (for which I have no answer or way of getting it) is did they work on it at Memphis?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
You got it - down with that bastard Poz51!

Actually, the first two picks were fine and I wouldn't hate on a QB here in general as we need a young guy to slowly develop behind Manning, but Weeden's age makes for an oddball fit. Maturity doesn't necessarily mean pro readiness, but it does mean a shorter pro lifespan. I think Weeden would be better served going to a team that has the motivation to develop him quickly.
Your last sentance is part of the reason I believe he fits. If Manning goes down for what ever reason, I think the Broncos would have that motivation, and he would have the ability to not make the whole/part of a season a wash, and when Manning retires, Weeden could be a good bridge in the future. I like the Miller fit, and Still could be replaced by another DT, but I think the position is a priority in this draft regardless for Denver. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Good Vikings mock. I love Kalil, but am not nearly as high on Robinson or Quick as everyone else and would rather have other players at those positions, but you got the positions right and the players are regarded as good values by most, so I can't hate on them.
I appreciate the feedback :) What players would you rather have at those spots? I think this draft is very palatable for Minny with their top needs matching up well with the strengths of this draft.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Packers picks are good.

Upshaw could be replaced by Branch. I like him more, but Crick and Minnifield are both good picks.
I like Upshaw to the Packers, reminds me of Jarrett Johnson while at Baltimore, I like the fit alot. I could understand wanting Branch more, he makes sense as well, although I am not sure about him setting the edge, or being able to hold his ground, although his upside in the pass rushing department makes alot of sense. Overall I thought this was a great need meets value mock for G.B., thanks for the response :)
Old 04-03-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I would be thrilled with Sanu in the 3rd but I'm not sure that is realistic, even with his disappointing pre-draft workout numbers.
The 83 grade is a high/mid second round grade, so I would tend to agree with you, but its not like he slipped to the end of the third. Scott has him going 4 picks earlier at 61 to S.F. and most mocks I have seen have him going at the middle of the 3nd in general, so I am at the low end, although nfldraftscout has as a 2-3 round pick. Even with his pro-day work out helping rehab his stock after the combine, his game speed appears to be average, and I have him slipping because I do not see him able to seperate very well at the next level. Some times guys drop a little further than they should...
Old 04-03-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
this (10 character)
Roger that...
Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Every team gives multiple looks.

They might want to eventually transition to a 34, but the roster is decidedly tilted towards running an even front.

We need a nickel DE, and having one who could feasibly play rush LB in a 34 wouldn't be a bad plan. But a team with no rush backers and no nose tackles can't just decide to run many 30 looks.

I'm sure we'll toy with some odd fronts here and there, but using a late 3rd round pick on an unspectacular DE/OLB prospect isn't going to see us towards becoming a real hybrid defense.

For the time being, we'll likely mimic what Denver did last year.
Fine, multiple base. Oy. You knew what I meant.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Oakland is going to run a spread-option offense?

Last edited by Poz51 : 04-04-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Trading up to get Claiborne and not having to give up our 2nd rnd pick in the process?....thats what i call naughty time
Still overpaying a bit, but I thought it worked out well for both teams. I could easily see both teams staying where they are and both picks as well.