Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-30-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill is a much better Vikings pick than Zach Brown.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilmore seems like a reach there but I guess he's being discussed more as a 1st round guy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-30-2012 at 06:56 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/announcement.php?f=47

Does this count? It was really cool to see you on TV. How did you get this set up?
Damn. I fail hard.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
It was close to the end, "Blackmon Overrated?".
nice job, Scott! wonderful appearance on green bay radio the other day as well

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott,

Replace Zach Brown with Lavonte David in round 2 and you hit it perfect for the Bucs. Zach Brown is awful and is starting to get the reputation as only looking the part and not playing like it. Comparisons from Aaron Curry to Ernie Simms aren't helping his case iether.

Lavonte David, rumor has it around Tampa here, is a prospect that has caught the eye the past few years of Mark Dominik. He's a physical Backer that would fill in great at WLB position and fits the physical scheme Schiano wants.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bengals passed on DeCastro i think a majority of the fans would kill Mike Brown finally.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This mock goes against a lot of beliefs on NFL Network. They all agreed that 3 WR's would go round 1 for sure. Blackmon, Floyd and Hill. Wright could go very late round 1 but is more likely to be a round 2 guy. He is viewed as a slot receiver only and with a slow 40 and 4 bench presses, I think he continues to slide.

Upshaw before Ingram seems like a huge reach to me, while I loved Upshaw before his post season workouts, I feel he is far more likely to go near the end of round 1 now.

Floyd in the top 10 after all his bouts with alcoholism seems a reach to me as well. He's got the talent but that is a huge character issue.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 03-30-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good call, totally forgot about that!!!
I'm just curious..who did you have us taking?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott, we both know Upshaw is going to fall. And he's far more likely to be drafted as a 4-3 RE. The Jets would indeed take Ingram over him.

And Morris Claiborne is not going 4th overall to a team completely devoid of offensive talent. They're taking Tannehill or Richardson or MAYBE Blackmon.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love that draft for the Steelers though passing on Martin would be pretty tough. Either way, it's solid and I would not complain especially if they can land Brandon Brooks in round 3.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott,

Do you really see Wilson going ahead of Miller and Martin? If you decided on him for the Rams at #33 because he is a better fit, can you explain why you chose him over, say, LaMichael James in the 3rd round? I am a bit surprised that you only see one RB going in the 1st round.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the Cowboys selecting Alabama S, Barron, but I see J.J. trading down. If they stay put at #14 I see them now going DL/OLB.

Trading down, something Jerry likes to do & wanted too do last year. It just didn't pan out. With the free agency signings covering themselves (so they say) it makes moving down easier.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:06 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that would be an orgasmic first 2 rounds for the Vikings.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's definitely a lot of buzz connecting Dallas to Barron so I think that's a realistic pick. I'd like it a lot more if we got him after trading back but I'd still be cool with it if we just stand pat and draft him at 14. The only thing I question is that he doesn't appear to have the high ceiling usually associated with Safeties taken that early.

McClellin in Round 2 is a nice change up from what's normally mocked to us. I've read he's been rising fast and I like the fact that he's got some versatility to his game, I'm sure Rob Ryan could find plenty of roles for him.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Upshaw is actually a better fit for Rex Ryan's defense than Ingram.
Agreed, Ryan will use him as a Suggs power backer
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
corbi328
Rookie

corbi328 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Scott, I agree that Gilmore seems like a reach for the Bears in round 1. Under Lovie and his cover two scheme, the Bears don't have a history of drafting CB's high because they believe they can find CBs in later rounds that fit their scheme but may not be as highly valued by other teams. On the other hand, pass rushing is at a premium in the bears scheme and it is clear that Emery has attacked the offensive side of the ball in free agency with the thought that he would focus on defense in the draft. I believe strongly that if a pass rusher like Melvin Ingram is on the board when the Bears draft in round 1, then he will be their pick. In the second round, I doubt they go OL. Tice seems to have strong comfort with the existing group and this is another position where the staff feels like they can take late round talent and develop them. If Levonte David is on the board when they pick in round two, I think they take him to put pressure on Roach and to infuse some youth in this position as a hedge against the expiring contracts and old age of Urlacher/Briggs.
corbi328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really?

A.J. Green = Physical Freak

Dontay Moch = Physical Freak + Workout Warrior

Robert Sands = Freakish Workout Warrior

And that is just last year.

Green was also a top 5 player and taken at #4. Sands and Moch were taken later, not in 1. The old Bengals draft style went for the likes of Jerome Simpson in 2. They also took Dalton in 2 who was hardly a physical speciman.

The team's success last year was based on the 2 previous drafts - on defense it was Dunlap and Aktins.

I think everyone assumes they still do the same things and with Mike Brown around there is always the chance to return but they do seem to have turned a corner in that regard.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Bucs miss out on elite talent and select a 2nd tier player in Trent Richardson. I think I have come to accept that Richardson will be the pick and in 3 years it will be the pick that get's Dominik and Schiano fired.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The board breaks pretty rough for the Pats in the first round, and although it's a pretty realistic mock I'd be pretty bummed if we ended up with 2 guys I have solidly evaluated as 2nd round talents in the first. I'd select Zeitler at pick 27, and trade back at pick 31 hoping to land Shea McClellin somewhere in the top half of the 2nd. He fits the system better than Branch.

I think once again like I've said in several other mocks that you underrate several guys in the Pats D-Line rotation. They were the unit that held the defense together last year when we were playing CB's off the street, WR's at safety, and Tracy White and Jeff Tarpinian at LB. Kyle Love is a starter going forward and was one of our better players last year. He consistently took on and split double teams, and really looked good in the first 2 playoff games. I think he gets a bad rap from outside fans because he got beat bad on one play in the SB that got highlighted, plus he kind of has an odd body type and was an UFA, but he was borderline dominant at times last year and he's only entering his 3rd year. Brandon Deaderick also improved and is entering his 3rd year.

It was no coincidence that Andre Carter, Mark Anderson, and Rob Ninkovich combined for 27 sacks last season. Love and Wilfork occupied so many blockers in the middle of the LOS that the edge rushers had favorable matchups and pass rushing lanes to work with. I think there are players out there who can improve the DT unit, but I'm not sure reaching for a DT who might not be an upgrade is really prudent in the first.

Harrison Smith and Brandon Boykin in the 2nd are sexy picks though.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Jets didn't even schedule to bring Upshaw in for a visit, and Tannenbaum has never drafted a guy in the first that wasn't brought in. The pick would be Ingram, without any doubt.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Rueben Randle being a first round pick. Can't see more than 4 going in the 1st with Fleener at TE as well. Randle, Jeffery, and Sanu will all go somewhere in the 2nd.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Last edited by RaiderNation : 03-31-2012 at 05:22 PM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I'm just curious..who did you have us taking?
I had the Saints taking Oklahoma DE Ronnell Lewis.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
There's definitely a lot of buzz connecting Dallas to Barron so I think that's a realistic pick. I'd like it a lot more if we got him after trading back but I'd still be cool with it if we just stand pat and draft him at 14. The only thing I question is that he doesn't appear to have the high ceiling usually associated with Safeties taken that early.
If the Cowboys don't take Barron their division rival Philly might one pick later.

So basically if Dallas wants Barron they probably need to pull the trigger at #14.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoeBucsFan View Post
Bucs miss out on elite talent and select a 2nd tier player in Trent Richardson.
Richardson may be the second most talented prospect in this draft.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbi328 View Post
Scott, I agree that Gilmore seems like a reach for the Bears in round 1. Under Lovie and his cover two scheme, the Bears don't have a history of drafting CB's high because they believe they can find CBs in later rounds that fit their scheme but may not be as highly valued by other teams. On the other hand, pass rushing is at a premium in the bears scheme and it is clear that Emery has attacked the offensive side of the ball in free agency with the thought that he would focus on defense in the draft. I believe strongly that if a pass rusher like Melvin Ingram is on the board when the Bears draft in round 1, then he will be their pick. In the second round, I doubt they go OL. Tice seems to have strong comfort with the existing group and this is another position where the staff feels like they can take late round talent and develop them. If Levonte David is on the board when they pick in round two, I think they take him to put pressure on Roach and to infuse some youth in this position as a hedge against the expiring contracts and old age of Urlacher/Briggs.
Well, it's a new front office regime in Chicago so you can kind of throw past trends out the window and start fresh. The Bears are VERY weak at cornerback and they just lost Zack Bowman too. Plus Gilmore is a legit Top 20-25 overall talent. Just saw last night that Mayock said he's a Top 15 overall pick.