Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 03-02-2015, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Role Draft Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Since the fall of Draftopia Daily News, the town of Draftopia has fallen into a dark, dark place. In a last ditch effort to restore order, the town has decided it must return to its roots. Being ones to never run from a gamble, the gangsters have accepted a weapons challenge set forth by the remaining townspeople. Gathering together in the town square, they will all draw weapons and costumes and the townspeople must then use their new roles to determine the identity of the gangsters. Can the innocent townspeople root them out and cleanse Draftopia? Or will it continue its fall into darkness, forever wishing its hero would rise from the ashes and save them?

Player List:
  1. Dr. Gonzo
  2. Damix
  3. ImBrotherCain
  4. sbh15
  5. FlyingElvis
  6. fenikz
  7. CJSchneider
  8. RufusMcDaniel Caddy
  9. UKFan
  10. OSUGiants17

With 10 alive, 6 votes are needed for majority.

Dead:
Day 1 - No consensus, no lynch
Night 1 - Trogdor (Townie) has been killed.
Day 2 - zachsaints52 (Townie) has been lynched.
Night 2 - Brothgar (Townie) has been killed.
Night 2 - jrdrylie (Townie) has been killed.
Day 3 - D-Unit (Townie) has been lynched.
Night 3 - SuperMcGee (1xDoublevoter) has been killed.
Day 4 - vidae (Townie) has been killed via RR.
Night 4 - Rob S (1xJuggernaut) has been killed.

Rules:

--Breaking rules, even if it is only one infraction, is grounds to be mod-killed. We are pretty lenient mods and there aren't a whole lot of rules so play nice.

--Do NOT contact each other outside of the game by any means necessary unless your role allows it and it is the predetermined time that you are allowed to talk.

--NO LYNCH is on the table.

--All lynch and unlynch votes must be in bold. You must unlynch before you can change your vote. Ex: Vote: Grizzlegom

--If your name is on the player list and you did not receive a role PM, let me know ASAP.

--Do not talk in Dark Orange that’s my colors.

--Refrain from editing your posts. Deleting posts is an extreme form of editing posts.

--Do not quote moderator PMs in the thread.

--None of the "if you're wrong about me, will you agree to not play for a month" or "If I'm evil, I'll never play again" stuff. No sig bets.

--Role claiming is allowed, with no limitations.

--Days 1 and 2 will have a 36 hour time limit. Days 3 and on will have 24 hour time limits. If a time limit is reached and a consensus has not been reached, a no lynch will occur.

Townie Role PM Example:

You are a Townie. As a townie, you have no abilities besides your ability to reason and vote. You win when the town is free from threats.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 03-13-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you did not get a PM telling you your alignment, please contact me now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2015, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

We will now begin the process of determining the draft order. What I need from everyone is this:

You must PM me a number. This number must be larger than zero and must be a whole number. Whoever sends me the lowest number that is not duplicated by another player will receive the first pick in the draft. All numbers that are not duplicated will then be slotted in. After all the numbers that were only sent once are slotted into the draft order, the duplicates will be slotted until all 18 players are slotted. Here is an example:

Player 1 - 1
Player 2 - 2
Player 3 - 3
Player 4 - 10
Player 5 - 1
Player 6 - 2
Player 7 - 7
Player 8 - 1
Player 9 - 4
Player 10 - 4

Would yield a draft order of:

Player 3 - 3
Player 7 - 7
Player 4 - 10
Player 2 - 2
Player 6 - 2
Player 9 - 4
Player 10 - 4
Player 1 - 1
Player 8 - 1
Player 5 - 1

The 2s, 4s, and 1s would be randomly ordered.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 03-02-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Once the draft order is determined, everyone will then PM me which role pair from below they'd like to bid on. If you are the only person to bid on a certain role pair, you will automatically get that role pair. If more than one person bids on the role pair, whoever is higher in the draft order will win that pair. If you bid on a role pair but don't get it, you are vanilla (Goon or Townie depending on alignment). Here is the list of role pairs that will be bid on:

Doctor or Role Blocker
Cop or Role Cop
Jailkeeper or Tracker
1x Bulletproof or Hunter
1x Strongman/Juggernaut or 1x Paranoid Gun Owner
Neighborizer or 1x Vanillaiser
2x Redirector or 2x Deflector
1x Commuter or 1x Watcher
Universal Backup or Absorber
Voyeur or Bodyguard
1x Hammerer or 1x Doublevoter
1x Hider or 1x Lie Detector

If you win the pair, you will be able to choose one of the pair to become your actual role. For example, if you choose Cop or Role Cop, and you win, you get to be either a Cop or a Role Cop, but not both.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 03-02-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

The draft order has been determined! Here is where you fall:
  1. fenikz - 1
  2. Rob S - 4
  3. CJSchneider - 5
  4. Damix - 13
  5. RufusMcDaniel - 14
  6. OSUGiants17 - 2
  7. SuperMcGee - 2
  8. D-Unit - 6
  9. UKFan - 6
  10. jrdrylie - 7
  11. Brothgar - 7
  12. FlyingElvis - 8
  13. Dr. Gonzo - 8
  14. sbh15 - 11
  15. vidae - 11
  16. zachsaints52 - 3
  17. Trogdor - 3
  18. ImBrotherCain - 3
Please send me which role pair you'd like to bid on. If you have any questions on what a certain role does, feel free to ask.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2015, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Roles have been assigned. Please let me know if you haven't received a PM.

With 18 alive, 10 votes are needed for majority.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2015, 05:49 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vote: fenikz
Old 03-04-2015, 07:20 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I've got a bunch of groupings, now I want everyone to pick a number and that's the direction we'll go. Because what are the odds that the mafia, who could chat together before submitting numbers, would submit the same numbers.

2 - OSU or SuperMcGee
6 - D-Unit or UKFan
7 - JR or Broth
8 - Elvis or Gonzo
11 - SBH or Vidae
3 - Zach or Trog or Cain

At the same time, they would still want to ensure that they get a decent enough pick so I'm struggling to see them going really low with a number like Damix, myself and SBH/Vidae did.

Basically what I'm saying is lets go after 2 or 6

50/50 shot which is much better than picking 1 out of 18.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
Icon

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you think Mafia chose the same number as each other? I'm confused (it's early so I may not be thinking correctly). But I do have two thoughts...

1. Of course fenikz got the first pick. I was prepared to do what Rob is doing, lynch him day one. But it's such a risk. He obviously has a powerful role (unless he chose something dumb). It'll be a big loss as town and a big win if mafia. I'm going to have to think about this.

2. This should be obvious, but role claims mean dick in this game. The cop could be evil. Strongman could be good. And even information that comes out could be worthless. Scum hunting is where our bread will be buttered in this game.

Anyway, I'm about to head to work. Random number generator will be given out in about an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Updated Vote Count:

fenikz (1): Rob

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2015, 07:44 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No I highly doubt that the mafia would pick the same number.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
All-Pro

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mafia choosing the same number and intentionally limiting their potential power wouldn't make a lot of sense. Although picking a number doesn't give you a 50/50 as you suggested. It is entirely possible for multiple town aligned players to select the same number.

I am not following the rest of the logic (i.e. they wouldn't pick high numbers) as guaranteeing a mid-level pick is better than drafting near the end.

This all comes into play more-so once you've identified scum IMHO as in all likelihood you won't have another scum player in the same number.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:25 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get what you're saying Rufus, and I think it's a solid idea, Rufus.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Mafia choosing the same number and intentionally limiting their potential power wouldn't make a lot of sense. Although picking a number doesn't give you a 50/50 as you suggested. It is entirely possible for multiple town aligned players to select the same number.

I am not following the rest of the logic (i.e. they wouldn't pick high numbers) as guaranteeing a mid-level pick is better than drafting near the end.

This all comes into play more-so once you've identified scum IMHO as in all likelihood you won't have another scum player in the same number.
The bolded part ties in well with what Rufus is suggesting.

Only a few posts and the strategy in this is already shaping up to be vastly different with the draft twist.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:35 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
Icon

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
No I highly doubt that the mafia would pick the same number.
So why are the groups D-Unit/UK and JR/broth more likely scum than fenikz, Rob, and CJ?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 03-04-2015, 08:43 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So why are the groups D-Unit/UK and JR/broth more likely scum than fenikz, Rob, and CJ?
That part of the logic gets a bit fuzzy.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:45 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't want to reveal so early, but I'm the investigator so I can can clear myself

/Zach
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:46 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I get what you're saying Rufus, and I think it's a solid idea, Rufus.
Yeah, Rufus. Good post, Rufus.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:50 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Yeah, Rufus. Good post, Rufus.
lol. I added the 'I get what you're saying Rufus' to the sentence and then didn't want to edit it out. SBH, suck it, SBH!

Old 03-04-2015, 08:53 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
Icon

Mafia: Zach, Elvis, Damix, fenikz, jrdrylie

With only one kill, there may be one more mafia, which would be UK.

And for the fun of it, I'm going to guess everybody's role!
  1. Dr. Gonzo- Townie
  2. Brothgar- Townie
  3. Damix- Hunter
  4. zachsaints52- Goon
  5. vidae- Redirector
  6. ImBrotherCain- Townie
  7. sbh15- Townie
  8. jrdrylie- Absorber
  9. FlyingElvis- Hammerer
  10. fenikz- Role Cop
  11. D-Unit- Hider
  12. Trogdor- Townie
  13. Rob S- Juggernaut
  14. SuperMcGee- Voyeur
  15. CJSchneider- Tracker
  16. RufusMcDaniel- Neighborizer
  17. UKFan- Doctor
  18. OSUGiants17- Watcher

Vote fenikz

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-04-2015, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I like Rufus looking into the numbers, but I'm not sure. The mafia got to discuss this beforehand and surely considered how the town would look at it. I think we may be putting too many eggs into that basket if we do something so drastic as to narrow our focus.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Updated Vote Count:

fenikz (2): Rob S, jrdrylie

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
Icon

sbh, vidae, zach, Trogdor, and Cain aren't TERRIBLE lynches either. Low on the list so they are likely townies so there isn't a huge loss there and very likely that one of the people who chose 3 (zach, Trogdor, and Cain) is mafia.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-04-2015, 09:07 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ha why would I pick role cop, that's so silly

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:08 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but seriously likely 1 of JR or Rob is evil

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote