Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Charley Casserly On Who Will be Pro Bowlers

Well Charley Casserly put out his top 13 based on how many Pro Bowls they would make not on how high they would be drafted but it does give a perspective on where they may be drafted. He said as a GM, he did this for every team he actually worked for and so do other GM's.

Tier one
Luck
Richardson
Claiborne
RG111
Kalil
Blackmon

Tier 2
Barron
Kuechly
Poe
DeCastro
Floyd
Cox
Brockers

IMO, this will definitely be a signal about where they will be drafted and you team's chances of getting one..
Old 04-06-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doing this as a team is one thing. Doing it as an analyst is ********. So much of their success will be determined by the environment (coaching and otherwise) they enter.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Doing this as a team is one thing. Doing it as an analyst is ********. So much of their success will be determined by the environment (coaching and otherwise) they enter.
Very true but it is an indication of their total package as currently viewed and what their upside is if they reach their potential.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a few thoughts:

Definitely do not see Claiborne as a guy who will get to a lot of PB's. Granted he can, I just don't see it. That being said being an above average corner for a long time is extremely valuable. I don't see him as a shut down guy nor a guy who gets a ton of picks. Plus he isn't a returner ace. Mathieu on the other hand, I can see getting a bunch of PB's through getting picks or in the return game.

I like Kuechly. I can see him racking up a ton of tackles at ILB which is a good way to get PB looks.

Cox can get to the QB as a DT, which will get him noticed.

If Poe realizes his potential, I can see him being a do everything well guy in the mold of Ngata.

As for the most PB's? I think one of the OLB/DE guys is going to go to the right situation and do very very well. The problem, which i am sure everyone else is having, is I have absolutely no idea who that guy will be. I just hope BB does so the Pats draft him :)

Now that I think about it, my tier one guys are Keuchly Richardson and the unknown pass rusher I mentioned.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to pick a guy from that list that I think would see the most Pro Bowls, it'd be DeCastro. Could easily be the tops at his position in a year or two, especially if he goes somewhere with a somewhat established offensive line.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Barron love, but people really should **** and let him fall to the Jets. Then we can see how average he is, amirite guys?

Casserly's got a good eye. I like both lists and I'm pretty sure if I thought about it I wouldn't even add or subtract anyone.

Last edited by SenorGato : 04-06-2012 at 12:54 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

notice the lack of pass rushers...no Upshaw/Ingram/Coples/Whitley
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeCastro and Kuechly will be better NFL players than Blackmon (who is in tier one). I agree Blackmon is a guy you take in the top 6 b/c of positional value and who else is in this draft, but he's gonna be a low end #1 or a high end #2 WR in the NFL probably while Kuechly and DeCastro will be perennial pro bowlers/potential All-Pro type players, albeit at positions that don't get drafted high (non-rush LB and OG).
Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he needs to bump Claiborne and RGIII down to tier 2 and move Kuechly and DeCastro up to tier 1. RGIII will be stuck in a conference with Eli, Stafford, and Rodgers for the majority of his career and there are plenty of other guys who can compete year to year as well. Corners can vary depending on how many Int's they get, and I'm not sure Claiborne will ever be a true ballhawk. Whereas with guys like DeCastro and Kuechly all they need to do is get name recognition, and as long as they keep their play up they can pencil themselves in for multiple pro bowls fairly easily.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeCastro will get a bunch of probowls because OL probowlers are all name recognition. DeCastro is already getting pretty well known and its not like people know a ton of good guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't see Barron as a pro bowler, he's the best safety in a bad class by a long shot. But the NFL already has guys who are better safeties than he is, both young and old.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Double post.

Last edited by SenorGato : 04-07-2012 at 09:33 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I just can't see Barron as a pro bowler, he's the best safety in a bad class by a long shot. But the NFL already has guys who are better safeties than he is, both young and old.
Plenty of young Gs but you can't pay some people to stop drooling over DeCastro. Same situation...two extremely pro ready guys with the tools and brains to be studs in the league.

Nicks, Evans, Grubbs, Snee, Mankins, Iupati, Yanda, the young Bills' guys Levitre and Ubrik...Grubbs, Joseph, Zuttah, and so on...
Old 04-07-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I love how he seems to think everyone in the first round will be pro bowlers. Idiot.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many guys in this draft have PB potential on tools alone. It's almost impossible to predict this type of thing after the surefire first rounders.

There are maybe 15 WRs I would not be surprised to see make it to Hawaii at some point in their careers. Nearly as many RBs too.

Many Olineman become better pros than they were collegians, I just think it's kind of ridiculous for a former GM to try to predict which guys are gonna make the PB.

Let's try which guys are gonna become starters first.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to take Chasserly seriously when he had one good draft in his career.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it's all said in done I wouldn't be surprised if DeCastro makes the Pro Bowl more times than anyone in the Draft not named Luck/Griffin III.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post

Show us Mike Mayock's resume...
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Yeah, I love how he seems to think everyone in the first round will be pro bowlers. Idiot.

It is 1st round talent topic. Not an entire draft prospects.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Will always get +100 points for Williams over Bush and shrugging off the gasps and "HOW DARE HE!!?" reactions.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Show us Mike Mayock's resume...
Lol I never said I liked or took Mayock seriously either. The only things you should listen to him on are DB rankings. His offensive and defensive line evaluations are a joke.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Will always get +100 points for Williams over Bush and shrugging off the gasps and "HOW DARE HE!!?" reactions.
Which comes from his only good draft in his career lol.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie

slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charley knows QBs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sM0F12h6Kg
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Which comes from his only good draft in his career lol.
Charley Casserly drafted 10 HOFers during his 16 year career as a GM which is an excellent % IMO. I won't give him a high % on QB's but is there any GM who can hit on them consistently. Other than that position, he is very knowledgeable.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Casserly has added his tier 3 to the equation and remember, he doesn't say they will be drafted in this order because he has removed any consideration for character issues, it is based strictly on how many Pro Bowls he thinks they may make.

14 Reilly Reiff LT
15. Janoris Jenkins CB
16. Dre Kirkpatrick CB
17. Quinton Coples DE
18. Stephone Gilmore CB