Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,206
Reputation: 496749
YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

forrest gump was also fast as **** and could run forever apparently.
__________________


YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,204
Reputation: 1093251
PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...7/27/index.htm

Randy Moss is dumb as a brick, don't know why anyone ever drafted him.

Frank Gore also got a 6, 49'ers really regret that one.



Wonderlic is pointless and stupid, a lot of people should know that because a lot of us took the test that was linked earlier in the year. A lot of us scored higher than most of the starting quarterbacks in the league that are pro bowlers.

The difference? We aren't good enough to actually play football, they are, they don't give a **** about square roots and inferential problems, they play a sport and play it well.
__________________


"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 04-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 681
Reputation: 55884
Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
what does any of this have to do with morris claiborne's draft stock? does your assumption that i am a young girl make your argument stronger in some way, or does it only attempt to deviate from the main point that his wonderlic score isn't grounds to draw conclusions about his capability to successfully play cornerback at the next level? sure, a low score may cause teams to ask additional questions in interviews to better understand the nature of his learning disability and how it may or may not affect his transition to the NFL, but to go down the slippery slope and immediately discount how 'capable he is of learning', or claim that 'he never had anyone push him' is specious logic.
Well, I was honestly done with this thread. I really was. But just when I think I'm out...they pull me back in again. My making fun of you for being a little girl was completely separate from my argument that the Wonderlic does serve a purpose in the recruiting and drafting process. Am I saying that he's a risky player to take now? Not exactly. Am I saying his draft stock may be affected? Possibly.

And before everyone starts calling me a neo-Nazi for not giving these kids the benefit of the doubt, let me explain that I was and still am an individual with a learning disorder. That, however, is not an excuse for poor performance. Bare in mind, Claiborne isn't the one using it as an excuse. Media and the like are. Now, if Claiborne did come out and start making excuses, I think it'd affect him more than just the score itself.

Truth be told, he's been a good kid in college, and hasn't been in a ton of trouble. So the character concerns are limited, but any fool can tell you that life changes a lot between college and the pro's. My point this entire time, is that the Wonderlic may be used to help gauge how they will deal with these changes on a personal level.

All that being said, the kid is still a lock for the top 10...So what are we talking about here?
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,110
Reputation: 287181
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Well, I was honestly done with this thread. I really was. But just when I think I'm out...they pull me back in again. My making fun of you for being a little girl was completely separate from my argument that the Wonderlic does serve a purpose in the recruiting and drafting process. Am I saying that he's a risky player to take now? Not exactly. Am I saying his draft stock may be affected? Possibly.

And before everyone starts calling me a neo-Nazi for not giving these kids the benefit of the doubt, let me explain that I was and still am an individual with a learning disorder. That, however, is not an excuse for poor performance. Bare in mind, Claiborne isn't the one using it as an excuse. Media and the like are. Now, if Claiborne did come out and start making excuses, I think it'd affect him more than just the score itself.

Truth be told, he's been a good kid in college, and hasn't been in a ton of trouble. So the character concerns are limited, but any fool can tell you that life changes a lot between college and the pro's. My point this entire time, is that the Wonderlic may be used to help gauge how they will deal with these changes on a personal level.

All that being said, the kid is still a lock for the top 10...So what are we talking about here?
I think Charley Casserly summed it up best, he said when he was a GM, they had their own test, one that would test whether or not Claiborne had a reading disability which might explain his low score, if so, they would test him differently. If not, then the interview process and film will have to tell you whether he can absorb situations on the field without difficulty. That is particularly what a private interview can accomplish, they present a # of football problems for a CB then leave him alone for awhile then come back and see how much he retains. They do this especially for QB's but if you have some concerns with Claiborne then this is how you can satisfy yourself on whether it could be a serious problem.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 625
Reputation: 774369
robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
And before everyone starts calling me a neo-Nazi for not giving these kids the benefit of the doubt, let me explain that I was and still am an individual with a learning disorder. That, however, is not an excuse for poor performance. Bare in mind, Claiborne isn't the one using it as an excuse. Media and the like are. Now, if Claiborne did come out and start making excuses, I think it'd affect him more than just the score itself.
the problem with your statement is that a learning disorder can be a valid excuse for performing poorly on such a timed exam, or at least a reason why much of what the test seeks to measure for that individual would be invalidated; in other areas there are often substitute exams that certain students with disabilities can take (ACT/SAT/etc.) where they could perhaps be given extended amounts of time, i would not consider such a time extension necessarily to be "coddling".

at any rate, the entire claim that he 'hasn't been pushed enough' has no merit, we have no idea the steps he has taken to overcome the disorder, and a low score doesn't prove anything about his character or preparedness on its own.
__________________



Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 04-04-2012 at 04:43 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,727
Reputation: 3189990
WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...7/27/index.htm

Randy Moss is dumb as a brick, don't know why anyone ever drafted him.
Moss skipped the scouting combine. It was supposedly due to emergency oral surgery, but at the time it was widely speculated that he knew he'd fail the drug test.

Any "combine numbers" for Randy Moss should be viewed with suspicion.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: R4L 3:16 says I just whipped your ass
Posts: 14,067
Reputation: 2932911
Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I actually sat here and read through this whole thread because of a remark njx made....and my god...
__________________

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seahawks Diaspora
Posts: 4,916
Reputation: 1586928
Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Moss skipped the scouting combine. It was supposedly due to emergency oral surgery, but at the time it was widely speculated that he knew he'd fail the drug test.

Any "combine numbers" for Randy Moss should be viewed with suspicion.
Not to mention things like, Oh I dunno...

...Bill Belichick calling him one of the most intelligent players he's ever coached?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 4,669
Reputation: 731181
Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
a low score may cause teams to ask additional questions in interviews to better understand the nature of his learning disability and how it may or may not affect his transition to the NFL, but to go down the slippery slope and immediately discount how 'capable he is of learning', or claim that 'he never had anyone push him' is specious logic.
I have a problem with our world when everyone goes out of their way to come up with excuses for someone because of a label. Learning disability...sure, that's why a grown man can't read or comprehend a test on his own.

It has nothing to do with school systems not being able to smack kids in the face when they aren't paying attention.

It has nothing to do with him not being able to answer basic stuff that he should have learned or have "learned to him" apparently by helpers from the past decade of his life.

I understand that people should be supportive of others and do their best to make them feel like something isn't wrong. However, if this guy wasn't a football player, then he would be forced into minimum wage jobs and have his life completely ruined because he can't think on his own. I don't give a **** how hurt his feelings are, he needs to be able to accomplish basic things like being able to comprehend basic instructions and then have the self confidence to do it himself.

If society(the people who would think that what I'm saying is wrong) would focus more on results and less on the kid glove approach, that every single one of us has seen or experienced through our own schooling, then maybe the actual travesty of him either being disinterested in academic pursuits or lacking the self confidence in himself to perform would be addressed.

Vontaze Burfict, Upshaw, Claiborne. Does anybody really believe that anybody would have held them accountable in their local school systems? Do you think they wouldn't have been helped because they were the stars of the football team and the city/school's hope for the future? Its that bull**** and the lack of discipline that needs to be corrected.

/rant

On topic of how this relates to football. I would still draft him top 10 easily. I'm awesome at running and without practice or working out I can run 5:45 min miles with ease. Some people are born to do certain things and his is to play cornerback.
__________________
SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 04-04-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 625
Reputation: 774369
robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I understand that people should be supportive of others and do their best to make them feel like something isn't wrong. However, if this guy wasn't a football player, then he would be forced into minimum wage jobs and have his life completely ruined because he can't think on his own. I don't give a **** how hurt his feelings are, he needs to be able to accomplish basic things like being able to comprehend basic instructions and then have the self confidence to do it himself.

If society(the people who would think that what I'm saying is wrong) would focus more on results and less on the kid glove approach, that every single one of us has seen or experienced through our own schooling, then maybe the actual travesty of him either being disinterested in academic pursuits or lacking the self confidence in himself to perform would be addressed.
fortunately for him he applied himself to football and was able to attain an athletic scholarship... whether he was given a helping hand or not; and while i disagree with your whole 'social darwinist' approach to dealing with students with special needs, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. however, even if he was given special privileges that other students with the same problems wouldn't have been afforded because of his athleticism, you still can't draw the conclusion that he never tried in school or was "academically uninterested" based on his wonderlic score, especially when there are other factors at play that would directly affect his ability to perform well on such an exam.

the wonderlic isn't some all-encompassing measure of a person's collective intelligence, it is just a benchmark and an otherwise smart person with an impairment that affects their reading comprehension (for whatever reason, be it a developmental disorder or the result of some other factor, it doesn't matter) could conceivably struggle on it. hell, give the same test without time constraints, and who knows, maybe he would have done better than the average person under the new conditions. obviously that is somewhat defeating the purpose of the wonderlic, but that is irrelevant to what i am getting at.

also, while i agree that he is obviously genetically gifted, you can't discount the hard work that he has put in to get to where he is. maybe he was "born to be a cornerback", but talent is nothing without commitment. running a 5:45 mile is good, but to be world class i think you would agree that you would need to work extremely hard. that said, he obviously still has everything to prove considering he hasn't played a down in the NFL.

at any rate, it just doesn't make sense to question his discipline because of this. if he had any history of actual disciplinary problems that would be another story, but a guy with a learning disorder doing terrible on an exam that most people don't complete does not count as such, as far as i'm concerned.
__________________



Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 04-04-2012 at 07:54 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dodge City
Posts: 7,417
Reputation: 1183720
FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

ALERT:

The term 'learning disability' isn't liberal propaganda. It's a REAL cognitive condition that many people suffer from and many in spite of that disability still manage to achieve success in life.

In my book, Morris Claiborne has been a successful human being despite the fact that words on a page become alphabet soup when he tries to put them together into a coherent thought.

Being 'harder' on someone academically with a real disability doesn't help them overcome that cognitive dysfunction.
__________________
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 625
Reputation: 774369
robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
words on a page become alphabet soup when he tries to put them together into a coherent thought
i couldn't help but rofl when i read this
__________________


robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,727
Reputation: 3189990
WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I have a problem with our world when everyone goes out of their way to come up with excuses for someone because of a label. Learning disability...sure, that's why a grown man can't read or comprehend a test on his own.

It has nothing to do with school systems not being able to smack kids in the face when they aren't paying attention.
I recognize that as hyperbole, but I'd love to see any statistical evidence to support the notion that physically disciplining children for poor performance would actually increase literacy rates.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 4,669
Reputation: 731181
Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I recognize that as hyperbole, but I'd love to see any statistical evidence to support the notion that physically disciplining children for poor performance would actually increase literacy rates.
Lol, yeah. The intent was: Student's parents, threats of lawsuits, and the need for school corporations to cover their asses have led to a less challenging and direct environment. Therefore, a teacher is far more likely to hand a student off or pass them than deal with a direct threat to their job.

I wish I had a better option than the current system, but I can't fully give one. I would say that schools need more power, but frankly school systems are finicky and f'ing ********. Giving them more power would just lead to disaster. So, they need a superman that won't come. They need a balance between maintaining discipline and student's attentions vs threat of lawsuit or firing. However, there will be people who will misuse their powers and destroy the system no matter what.

I don't believe the alphabet soup thing. I think its a lack of confidence and focus on what they are doing. "I can't read, this looks like soup". "Well...this is A and these are its rules. Here's a video, here's me telling you, here's a picture, here's a toy of it that makes sounds. Tomorrow you can come back and tell me all about A." Now do that for 25 more letters and call it good. Confusion solved. The problem is when they say, "this is too hard", or "I don't want to do it". That is a personal discipline failing and is my problem.
__________________
SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 330
Reputation: 56255
Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
If society(the people who would think that what I'm saying is wrong) would focus more on results and less on the kid glove approach, that every single one of us has seen or experienced through our own schooling, then maybe the actual travesty of him either being disinterested in academic pursuits or lacking the self confidence in himself to perform would be addressed.
I agree these types of people exist but unless you can say you have firsthand knowledge of Claiborne's learning disability and the effort he has put in to overcome that disability, you (like myself) are not qualified to come to the conclusion that the only two reasons this could have happened are disinterest and/or a lack of self confidence. You're judging a situation without the evidence to do so ... which is the definition of 'prejudice' when it comes down to it. Every person and situation deserve to stand or fall on their own merits, not on a preconceived notion of "if this, then that" with no exceptions.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resident Clippers fan
Posts: 15,603
Reputation: 1135003
tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

This isnt a morality contest but holy ****, you guys never cease to amaze me when talking about anything unrelated to sports.
__________________

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,110
Reputation: 287181
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well, Charley Casserly says GM's throughout the league recognize the possibility of learning disabilities and have their own test to see if Claiborne has this problem and they also have their own test to test prospects who have a learning problem so the wonderlic results aren't the end all or be all to testing for pro football teams.
Claiborne will be put through these tests by any team that has a possibility of drafting Claiborne and invites him to a private workout.
With his attitude, I'd say Prowler would have a great deal of difficulty scoring high on a Wonderlic since his comprehension of learning disabilities is back in the dark ages.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,178
Reputation: 73557
metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
A 2009 study by professors from Fresno State University, the University of Georgia and Towson State found no connection between Wonderlic scores and performance during the first three years of a player's NFL career. The group studied 762 players from the 2002, 2003 and 2004 draft classes.

John W. Michel, an assistant professor at Towson University who co-authored the study, told the Washington Post: "We found in no cases was cognitive ability related to (football) performance. We did find a negative relationship for tight ends and defensive backs. For defensive backs, it was the most pronounced; basically, the lower you scored on the Wonderlic, the better you performed."
I love how this gem flew over everyone's head.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 625
Reputation: 774369
robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
I love how this gem flew over everyone's head.
hence, rob gronkowski
__________________


robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: earth
Posts: 13,776
Reputation: 1048817
brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
I love how this gem flew over everyone's head.
first time I was that. Mental note made.
__________________
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
theogt
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 393
Reputation: 14
theogt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

As others have pointed out, simply guessing randomly you will get a higher score than a 4. You have to attempt to get a 4. My guess is he went through and purposefully picked the wrong answers, but was wrong enough times that he actually got a 4 instead of a 0.
theogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.