Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see the Cardinals' black alternates more specifically I want to see Fitz, D-Wash, PP, DD & CC in our black alternates

The flywire looks great on teams without collars imo

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
What does your teams collar say?

Semper Fidelis means San Francisco in Japanese
Old 04-04-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, the flywire is fine with teams who don't have colored collars, otherwise...it just doesn't fit. That's really my only main gripe. Nothing else is really different, other than subtle changes that aren't that noticeable(Saints gold is toned down on their black uni compared to the old one, for instance).

Do not like the Seahawks unis at all, but I didn't like their past ones either so whatever

I wonder if the teams who refused the material change will have to eventually adopt it.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yes, the flywire is fine with teams who don't have colored collars, otherwise...it just doesn't fit. That's really my only main gripe. Nothing else is really different, other than subtle changes that aren't that noticeable(Saints gold is toned down on their black uni compared to the old one, for instance).

Do not like the Seahawks unis at all, but I didn't like their past ones either so whatever

I wonder if the teams who refused the material change will have to eventually adopt it.
I hate how lazy they got with the uniforms that had multiple stripes that go all the way around like the Chiefs, Browns, and Steelers (haven't seen the Packers). Looks bad and cheapened. And, yeah, the Seahawks uniforms look really ******* bad.

I'm someone who didn't think the Seahawks were far from having really nice uniforms. They were a few minor adjustments from having solid uniforms (their away uniforms looked fine the way they were, for instance). I actually like that color blue and the neon green accenting. But Nike ****** it up bad.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Those 2/3 collars make players look like they have those awful 80's neck rolls that really didn't do anything.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Semper Fidelis means San Francisco in Japanese
It sure as hell does not.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate how lazy they got with the uniforms that had multiple stripes that go all the way around like the Chiefs, Browns, and Steelers (haven't seen the Packers). Looks bad and cheapened. And, yeah, the Seahawks uniforms look really ******* bad.
I see what you mean regarding the sleeves. I'm not a fan of it either, but I'll live with it. Packers haven't been changed. Again, the only thing the packers have is a Nike logo instead of reebok and the new Nike gloves/shoes in team color...otherwise they opted for NO changes
Old 04-04-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
lol yeah, it means Alway's Loyal
Old 04-04-2012, 01:55 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dumb imo for those teams not to adopt the new materials, nike is simply the best at making uniforms

if you don't want to change your look that's fine but why deny your players more comfortable uniforms

Old 04-04-2012, 04:03 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm someone who didn't think the Seahawks were far from having really nice uniforms. They were a few minor adjustments from having solid uniforms (their away uniforms looked fine the way they were, for instance). I actually like that color blue and the neon green accenting. But Nike ****** it up bad.
What I was hoping for was like... to keep the monochrome (maybe tweak something just for the sake of changing the uniform, changing the hue or something a little... whatever), then adding a gray or silver alternate which was also monochrome, thus reincorporating the silver helmets, and then an away uniform which was all-white or white with gray pants (losing the blue sleeves) which could use either the blue or gray helmets, respectively. And that would've been awesome. Instead...

These are really awful. I'm borderline offended as a fan.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-04-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Obviously they aren't going to be changed for awhile but just a few simply things would make them so much better

1. Get rid of the weird pattern in the numbers, down the legs, and around the collar; no clue what it is and it looks stupid

2. Shrink the numbers down 10% or so they are ******* huge

3. With the extra space above the numbers move the Seahawks name to the center or the jerseys like a normal team.

4. Separate the logo on the back of the helmet like it was before(just realized that back of the Seahawk is what the stupid pattern is)

Last edited by fenikz : 04-04-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:02 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something not quite right about the Seahawks jerseys, think it's the blue myself as the white's look fine.

Can't say there is a huge difference to me, Bengals and Panthers both look sick but their old jerseys also looked good.

I will say that the Oregon and Okie State jerseys are probably my two favourites in football right now though so I'm obviously more in line with liking the new styles than being old school. Raiders, Cowboys and a few others are classic though.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess each team is responsible for unveiling their alternate uniforms per PFT.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those wondering about the half fly wire collar its all in the stitching of the jersey, and its just to show off the fly wire its comparable to the black spandex collars.

As for the stripes that go all the way around the arms, Qb jersey who wear the loose sleeves will have them. Players who want the tight bat wing jersey, where the sleeve and arm it cut, only have half stripes. Steelers reebok jersey had the same thing.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What has science done to the Seahawks?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Obviously they aren't going to be changed for awhile but just a few simply things would make them so much better

1. Get rid of the weird pattern in the numbers, down the legs, and around the collar; no clue what it is and it looks stupid

3. With the extra space above the numbers move the Seahawks name to the center or the jerseys like a normal team.

4. Separate the logo on the back of the helmet like it was before(just realized that back of the Seahawk is what the stupid pattern is)

Actually the weird pattern is supposed to be totem pole style feathers. And yes they look terrible.

I think the back of the helmet is my least favorite part, if the logos didn't curl it would be fine.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 04-04-2012 at 10:15 AM.
XxXdragonXxX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Something not quite right about the Seahawks jerseys, think it's the blue myself as the white's look fine.

The blues have way too much green on them. Change the stripes to white and theyre fine.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least they aren't Maryland bad.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
At least they aren't Maryland bad.
They're worse.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They're worse.
It's like Nike felt the need to take every part of the uniform and NIKE-ize it. Just to make it different. "Hey, lets take the wraparound pattern on the helmet and INVERT it! YEAH!" -_- It just looks wrong. Not cool or innovative, or whatever Nike was going for - it just looks like some dipshit kid with a uniform generator put his favorite colors together and picked all the boldest trim options. It's not cohesive, it completely abandons any sense of aesthetic continuity, and look like they're a step away from having corporate logos ironed onto them. It seriously kind of pisses me off, because I'm going to have to look at it all season, it... Dammit, they don't look like ******* NFL uniforms. They just strike me as utterly tasteless.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there are 12 stripes on the side of the pants to stand for the 12th man.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

That helmet is fugs man.

Would've been awesome to see the NFL let them use something like this instead. Maybe that would be toooo nice though.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
there are 12 stripes on the side of the pants to stand for the 12th man.
They really need to give that 12th man ******** a rest. Incredibly lame.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

especially since their fans are actually just noise being pumped in through the speakers

Old 04-04-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
HAHA! Your answer made me laugh, lol.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote