Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-09-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Just to throw 5 new names...

Michael Smith - RB - Utah State
A.J. Jenkins - WR - Illinois
Julian Miller - DE/OLB - West Virginia
Omar Bolden - CB/RS - Arizona State
Kelcie McCray - S - Arkansas State
Omar Bolden to me could be a bigtime player. Had some injuries that hampered him throughout his career but watch this guy shoot up draft boards.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks! I think Mark Barron is the next great safety. The guy has it all, and I really don't know why he gets doubted so often or like you said called average. He played lights out for 'Bama and whatever team gets him will have an annual pro-bowler on their roster. It goes to show how deep this draft is that a player of his caliber (I think he is easily a top 10 talent) will most likely be picked in the mid-teens.
Completely agreed...just a severely underrated talent.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
AirItOutSport
Rookie

AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.

Asteinebach,
Josh Robinson definitely should have been on my original list. Blazing speed at a 4.33 40. At 5-10/200 lbs. he isn't huge, but he isn't a micro-sized corner. I remember the first time I saw Robinson play was in the 2010 Liberty Bowl vs UGA. I loved his attitude going right after AJ Green. His skill set would easily put him in the top 15-20 picks if he was a little taller and had longer arms. Good call.

JoeJoeBrown,
Coming into this season, Herron was on my watch list for guys who could really jump up the boards. When he was suspended, I backed off of that stance a little bit because he was missing the 1st 5 games. It has hurt his draft stock to this point, and his pre-draft workouts weren't spectacular but I am a numbers guy. In 2010 he rushed for 1,155 yards and 16 TDs for the Buckeyes and was 1st team all Big 10. He played big against big opponents like his 190 yard/1 TD performance vs PSU that year. Bruiser of a back that will be a good compliment to an NFL backfield.

A Perfect Score,
I really would like to see Kirk Cousins in an Eagles uniform. Andy Reid is a great coach for QBs and could refine his skill set and help him reach max potential. JoeJoeBrown questioning his mental makeup is valid, but with great coaching he could turn into a definite steal for someone. The tools are all there or at least poking through the surface waiting to be uncovered.

Jrdrylie,
Ryan Broyles almost cracked my list also. My main problem putting him on the list is I am not sure how his recovery is going. He was a stud for Oklahoma as well as know, and I think he will return to that level. He is going to catch a lot of passes for some NFL team. One of the more polished route runners in this class, which will help him defend himself against injury questions/concerns. Osweiler is an interesting prospect. Huge frame. Big arm. Moves very well (actually could have played basketball at a few D-1 schools). Recent rumors are surfacing that he may be going to the Broncos to take over after Peyton Manning. What better way for him to grow and flourish than that? I think when all is said and done, he will be the 3rd best QB from the draft with an outside chance he could overtake RGIII for the 2 spot.

- Patrick Sutton
Air It Out Sport
www.airitoutsport.com
AirItOutSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Ladarius Green
Great athlete at TE that will have great value going after Fleener, Charles and Allen. Likely an option in the late 3rd/4th and could end up being an Aaron Hernandez type of pass catcher.

2 Josh Kaddu
Athletic pass rusher that looks to be a SLB in the NFL, likely seeing time on special teams as well. Kaddu has value around the 4th/5th round and might be a starting caliber player down the line.

3 Tommy Steeter
Everyone seems to be all over Stephen Hill, but I honestly might like Streeter just as much. Streeter is bigger, can only a tad slower and was a much more productive player in college.

4 Ronnie Hillman
Hillman is in my top 10 RB rankings, and has the NFL speed to be a potential
#2 RB and return man right away. You can get him in the mid rounds as well.

5 Derek Wolfe
Wolfe looks to be another tough rotational dlinemen for a 3-4 defense, and can likely see time right away when he bulks up. Productive DT that I've really taken a liking to as the draft process has went on.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love me some Trumaine Johnson. He got 2 INTs in the Div. II playoffs. He's from Stockton, CA, grew up a Raider fan, almost 6 ft. 4, lots of Raiders fans hope he will be their next Stanford Routt (now a KC Chief).

Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana -- See above
James Brown, OT, Troy -- Very high grade out at Senior Bowl
Michael Smith, RB, Utah St. -- Main reason why they almost upset defending champ Auburn in their opener
Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt -- Held his own vs. top SEC WRs
Marquise Mays, WR, Alabama -- Will be a great slot NFL receiver, reminds me of former 49er Josh Morgan

Last edited by jojo : 04-09-2012 at 07:21 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Josh Chapman DT Alabama-Banged up but was an excellent NT for the tide despite injuries, also one of the few true, no bones about it NT's in this class. Very underrated.

2. Tramain Thomas S Arkansas-I think he will be a starter in the NFL. Good size and good athleticism. Did not test off the charts, but is solid all around and is a playmaker who can go up and get the ball. Reminds me of Kendrick Lewis, I think he will be a nice surprise for someone.

3. Jordan White WR WMU-I know he ran slow 40s but that is not his game. He has decent size and finds ways to get open and has nice hands. I don't think he will be a #1 but if he lands in the right situation he could be a very productive receiver.

4. Brandon Bolden RB Ole Miss-This is my guy. He didn't blaze in his 40 but nobody expected that. Bolden is an excellent runner and receiver, was one of the few bright spots for Ole Miss in the last two years. He is not Trent Richardson, but if you are looking for value in a back in the mid to late rounds Bolden will not disappoint. Very good all around back.

5. Donnie Fletcher CB BC-Has a lot of tools and anyone who has watched BC knows what he is capable of. Still has not put it all together, but he has a lot of talent and could start.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all due respect, Darron Thomas is possibly a guy that won't even make an NFL camp invite list. He's terrible. Kellen Moore is a better QB. The other 4 guys are fairly good choices.

I'd argue that Vontaze Burfict is a better choice than Darron Thomas. If Thomas is more than just a camp arm, I'll eat my words. Thomas' best package is the wildcat, which is dead. There are comparisons between him and Pat White.

I'll just give you 5 names that I think will be under drafted:

1. Chase Minnifield, CB
2. Jayron Hosley, CB
3. Ron Brooks, CB
4. Greg Childs, WR
5. Josh Chapman, NT

Last edited by descendency : 04-09-2012 at 07:50 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll just give you 5 names that I think will be under drafted:

1. Chase Minnifield, CB
Good call on Minnifield, he has an NFL pedigree. His father was Frank, an All Pro with the Browns.

Speaking of pedigrees, former Jet Al Toon's son Nick, also a Wisconsin WR, is in this draft.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T4OH7dnWyK8
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

Howzabout Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego St?

He's 6-4, 230, rifle arm.....started 49 games for the Aztecs & holds the school rcds. for most productive QB: Most passing yds (12, 690) & TDs (90). At San Diego St, that's saying something.

Lindy's draft mag has Lindley ranked ahead of Weeden, Case Keenum, Russel Wilson, Kellen Moore, Harnish, et. al. but behind Cousins & Osweiler (who's the size of lineman at 270 lbs). I would take Lindley over Foles (who has been an INT machine) or Cousins (caves in the pocket to the pass rush) or Weeden (too old).
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vinny Curry.

How is this guy considered a 2nd rounder?

You watch his tape for the last two years and it wows you. Yes, against somewhat weaker competition but even with constant added attention he wows you. He had a BETTER senior year despite a stellar junior year and added attention. The senior bowl? Looked GREAT.

You look at his measurables and the combine 40 sticks out. But if you ignore that and compare his pro day 40 and his other numbers, they come out extremely comparable to Clay Matthews, despite weighing 26 POUNDS more.

4.69 40 (clocked faster by some scouts, clay had 4.58)
1.58 10 yard split (that's a great number for a 3-4 OLB and the same Clay did at his pro day)
6.9 Cone (same as clay)
28 bench reps, despite only now starting to bench after an injury (already more than Clay)
35 inch vert (same as clay)
4.4 20 yard short shuttle (Clay DESTROYED this drill with a 4.18, but Curry was still .1 seconds faster than Aldon Smith)

I feel like he's a guy that will end up going much higher than expected and be a DROTY candidate.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Osweiler (who's the size of lineman at 270 lbs).
Osweiler weighed in at 242 at the Combine, lighter than Nick Foles.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like previous posters Im pretty high on Omar Bolden (Great pro day answered alot of questions about his recovery from the torn ACL. Now he ”just” have to stay healthy), Tommie Streeter and Robert Turbin.

To toss a couple of new names out there, I really like:

- Demario Davis, OLB, Arkansas State
- James Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada.
- Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
- Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, DT, Baylor
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Jaguars130
Rookie

Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.Jaguars130 is so money.

5 New names that will surprise people.
Russell Wilson
Tauren Poole
Gerrell Robinson
Brandon Brooks
Jamell Fleming
Jaguars130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Good call on Minnifield, he has an NFL pedigree. His father was Frank, an All Pro with the Browns.

Speaking of pedigrees, former Jet Al Toon's son Nick, also a Wisconsin WR, is in this draft.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T4OH7dnWyK8
What I don't get is how a guy was at the bottom of the first (mocked to NE numerous times) and now is a borderline mid round player. All in a few weeks.

Yes, he had a minor injury and it has prevented him from working out. However... it was a fluke injury that isn't expected to affect his time (at OTAs and whatnot) this offseason.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My "big surprise pick" is Brandon Hardin. I think he'll go way earlier than expected by most (3rd or 4th round) and turn out to be the best FS in the class.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 5 guys who will surprise:

1. James Mychal Johnson MLB Nevada
2. Aaron Henry S Wisconsin
3. Ronnie Hillman RB San Diego State
4. Josh Ogelsby RT Wisconsin
5. Winston Guy S Kentucky
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Inspector71
Rookie

Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamar Miller weighs 20lbs more than Javid best. Don't see a comparison at all.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote