Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Cosell (Floyd>Blackmon)?
Yes 42 49.41%
No 35 41.18%
Unsure 8 9.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
What great D has ND faced? They do play a tougher schedule but even then OkSt just put out an elite WR talet a couple of years ago. Floyd is the best WR talent since Golden Tate from ND.

Also, Bryant had the SAME speed knock as Blackmon....
MSU, USC, UMich, and FSU just last year, ND typically faces tougher teams than OSU.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Blackmon ranked 6th overall, while Floyd is creeping into top 12 consideration. Both a legit #1 WR prospects(both a step down from Green/Jones) that will likely go in the top 16 picks. Blackmon to St. Louis seems like a lock right now, and Floyd should be in play for the Jags at 7, Dolphins at 8, Bills at 10 and Seahawks at 12. Can't see him falling past the Jets at 16 if he for some reason falls on draft day.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Floyd is bigger, more athletic, and a better threat down the field... I have him as a better player as well.

Blackmon is squeaky clean, and super hard nosed though.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin and Blackmon is a very common comparison because both lack perceived elite speed. It's weird to knock a guy because of this since Boldin has close to 10,000 yards in 9 seasons, and for the first half of his career was a legitimate #1 guy.

However, the speed comparison isn't really a great one because Boldin was a 4.71 guy and Blackmon is a 4.46 guy. He has great body control, runs physical, has strong hands, and has great agility and route running ability. I think he has more than enough size and speed to get it done in the NFL. He's going to make it to his share of pro bowls when it's all said and done.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
IMO there isn't that much difference between Blackmon and Dez Bryant.
Balckmon is closer to Dez than he is to Crabtree.
All of the last few posts comparing Dez to Blackmon are completely wrong. Not just because I am a Cowboys fan but they aren't even close as far as skill goes.

Dez is 6'3'' 225 pounds, Blackmon isn't even 6'1'' and plays around 210 pounds. Everything Blackman does (catching the ball in traffic, plucking him his hands) Dez does at a much higher level. Dez is also much harder to bring down and is way better at jump balls. Their speed is about the same although Dez's explosion and athleticism are definitely much higher. No way Blackmon can do the things Dez does on punt returns. Dez's production as a sophomore was ridiculous as well and he did it with Zac Robinson. If Dez put up the same kind of year and didn't get suspended, he would've went top 3.

Blackmon may be better at route running coming out.. but that's it. They aren't even close as prospects. Blackmon will be an elite #2, Dez can be top 3 in the league if he reaches his potential.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 04-08-2012 at 08:32 AM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
However, the speed comparison isn't really a great one because Boldin was a 4.71 guy and Blackmon is a 4.46 guy.
Blackmon ran his 40 on the fastest track in the NCAA. Scouts will likely add at least a tenth of a second to his time. His Indy time could have easily been in the 4.6x range.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Blackmon ran his 40 on the fastest track in the NCAA. Scouts will likely add at least a tenth of a second to his time. His Indy time could have easily been in the 4.6x range.
Regardless of that though the 2 aren't really that comparable. Blackmon really hasn't had many issues with separation in his career, even against guys with big time NFL skills like Amukmara. He doesn't look slow or lumbering at all on the field.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
All of the last few posts comparing Dez to Blackmon are completely wrong. Not just because I am a Cowboys fan but they aren't even close as far as skill goes.

Dez is 6'3'' 225 pounds, Blackmon isn't even 6'1'' and plays around 210 pounds. Everything Blackman does (catching the ball in traffic, plucking him his hands) Dez does at a much higher level. Dez is also much harder to bring down and is way better at jump balls. Their speed is about the same although Dez's explosion and athleticism are definitely much higher. No way Blackmon can do the things Dez does on punt returns. Dez's production as a sophomore was ridiculous as well and he did it with Zac Robinson. If Dez put up the same kind of year and didn't get suspended, he would've went top 3.

Blackmon may be better at route running coming out.. but that's it. They aren't even close as prospects. Blackmon will be an elite #2, Dez can be top 3 in the league if he reaches his potential.
Dez isn't close to 6'3. He's not even a true 6'2.
Miles Austin is taller than Bryant and I don't know if he's exactly 6'3 either.

Both Dez and Justin dropped a few pounds prior to their predraft workouts. Bryant's playing weight is @220#, Blackmon will be close to 215#.

Like I said, I don't see a world of difference between the two, and in 2010 IMO Blackmon looked like a better pro prospect than Dez did in 2008.

It's fine to think Dez is a better WR than Blackmon because I believe he is, but I still don't think it's by much.(Dez is a better open field runner with the ball in his hands and is faster with the football than without.)

People forget that Justin Blackmon drew two defenders every time he went out on a pass pattern at Okl State and still averaged over 110+ catches two seasons in a row.

I just don't see many NFL corners being successful for 60 minutes covering Justin Blackmon one on one.

That's why I think Justin Blackmon is a lock to go top 10 and will be the first WR drafted.

Add in that Justin Blackmon isn't a friggin' headcase who will scare his GM to death whenever he's not at the team's practice facility, and I think I'd rather have Blackmon on my roster over Dez, just slightly.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
ron292120
Rookie

ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Crabtree comparison is just convenient for lazy people IMO. Yes hes approx. the same size, and he came out of the same conf. and style of offense. But they are not similar players. Blackmon is much more sudden running routes, and much more physical. He is also much more competitive.

I like Michael Floyd, but all I know is this. In the biggest game of the year, he was standing on the sidelines while hurt as his team was trying to come back. Conversely, Blackmon--who we were told had a pretty troublesome leg before the bowl game--went out and played. Not only did he play--and not only did he put up huge numbers in the game and was probably the MVP of the game--but when his team got down early, he was over on the sidelines getting on his team and waking them up. And then he did what a leader does after chewing his team out-- he lead by example and made the play that turned the momentum. Meanwhile, Floyd was standing on the sidelines in a parka. That may be harsh, and it may be even unfair to some extent--but its reality in the NFL.

Blackmon is the "freak out" prospect this year to me. He's not a Top 6 type of talent,they say. He's not Andre Johnson he's not Calvin Johnson. Yeah, no kidding. There is a reason for that. They are great receivers like Blackmon is IMO, and ALSO they are physical freaks. Those guys do not grow on trees. The reason those guys are brought up is because they don't come around very often. People bring up AJ Green and Julio Jones from last season. He's not as good as them. Probably not, but IMO he is not that far off. Green and Blackmon ran similar 40 times. Personally, I'd say Green is a better route runner, but I would say Blackmon is a little shiftier. But AJ Green is 6'4" and Blackmon is only 6"1", right?? Well I'm sure many of you saw the SportsScience piece they did on Blackmon. They showed that he can actually highpoint a ball HIGHER than Plaxico Burress--even though Burress was 6"5". My point is that the differences are much more minor than people are making them.
Lastly, people are probably right in one respect, he probably shouldn't be a top 6 guy in most drafts. He wouldn't have been last season. But people are forgetting that we are talking this seasons draft. Who is more elite that should bump him down really?? Ryan Tannehill?? Melvin Ingram?? Dontari Poe???(measurables yes.Production.No). Riley Reiff??? Point is they do not exist in this draft.its the two QBs, its Richardson, its Kalil, it's Claiborne and then maybe Blackmon and then a group of 30 guys relatively equal.
ron292120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing anyone to Crabtree is hard because he's such a pretty boy.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dez isn't close to 6'3. He's not even a true 6'2.
Miles Austin is taller than Bryant and I don't know if he's exactly 6'3 either.

Both Dez and Justin dropped a few pounds prior to their predraft workouts. Bryant's playing weight is @220#, Blackmon will be close to 215#.

Like I said, I don't see a world of difference between the two, and in 2010 IMO Blackmon looked like a better pro prospect than Dez did in 2008.

It's fine to think Dez is a better WR than Blackmon because I believe he is, but I still don't think it's by much.(Dez is a better open field runner with the ball in his hands and is faster with the football than without.)

People forget that Justin Blackmon drew two defenders every time he went out on a pass pattern at Okl State and still averaged over 110+ catches two seasons in a row.

I just don't see many NFL corners being successful for 60 minutes covering Justin Blackmon one on one.

That's why I think Justin Blackmon is a lock to go top 10 and will be the first WR drafted.

Add in that Justin Blackmon isn't a friggin' headcase who will scare his GM to death whenever he's not at the team's practice facility, and I think I'd rather have Blackmon on my roster over Dez, just slightly.
Dez was 6'2 and 7/8'' and 227 pounds at his pro day and combine. Blackmon was 6' 0 7/8'' and 207 pounds at the combine. Dez is better at everything Blackmon does best and he is far more explosive (1.40 ten yard split, 38 inch vert, 11ft. 2 inch broad jump is ridiculous explosiveness)

Dez is in another class than Blackmon. Period.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dez was 6'2 and 7/8'' and 227 pounds at his pro day and combine. Blackmon was 6' 0 7/8'' and 207 pounds at the combine. Dez is better at everything Blackmon does best and he is far more explosive (1.40 ten yard split, 38 inch vert, 11ft. 2 inch broad jump is ridiculous explosiveness)

Yeah Dez is another notch above and if he was a good boy he'd have been considered in the class of guys like the Johnsons and AJ Green. Had every tool you wanted plus he dominated...Still managed to be underrated as all hell in his draft year because of a few incidents.

Still think this isn't a knock on Blackmon who has plenty of physical ability and is fine on his own merits.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Comparing anyone to Crabtree is hard because he's such a pretty boy.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Boldin and Blackmon is a very common comparison because both lack perceived elite speed. It's weird to knock a guy because of this since Boldin has close to 10,000 yards in 9 seasons, and for the first half of his career was a legitimate #1 guy.

However, the speed comparison isn't really a great one because Boldin was a 4.71 guy and Blackmon is a 4.46 guy. He has great body control, runs physical, has strong hands, and has great agility and route running ability. I think he has more than enough size and speed to get it done in the NFL. He's going to make it to his share of pro bowls when it's all said and done.
Bolden ran with a limp at his Combine 40 and was coming off a serious leg injury and only ran to show pro scouts and GM's, he was healing nicely. He was a legitimate 4.50-4.55 40 guy.

When you factor in the tenth of a second which has to be added to Blackmon's pro day for being hand timed, he ran a 4.56, so the difference between the 2 isn't a whole lot.

I think Blackmon compares to Terrell Owens and will have a very solid pro career as a #1 WR but once you remove any consideration for character, Floyd is only marginally weaker than Blackmon and could have the better career depending on which of them get the better QB.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Everybody know Dez has tremendous natural ability but he is never going to be a star in the NFL, he has very little commitment to hard work and just gets by on what he was born with. Bryant puts zero work into learning how to run routes and couldn't care less about improving. Blackmon is totally committed to his profession and will have a substantially better career than Dez.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Bolden ran with a limp at his Combine 40 and was coming off a serious leg injury and only ran to show pro scouts and GM's, he was healing nicely. He was a legitimate 4.50-4.55 40 guy.

When you factor in the tenth of a second which has to be added to Blackmon's pro day for being hand timed, he ran a 4.56, so the difference between the 2 isn't a whole lot.

I think Blackmon compares to Terrell Owens and will have a very solid pro career as a #1 WR but once you remove any consideration for character, Floyd is only marginally weaker than Blackmon and could have the better career depending on which of them get the better QB.
Blackmon has been compared to TO a whole lot by a few people but i really don't get it. TO could dominate with size and had pretty damn good speed for such a big guy. I don't think Blackmon is a guy who can dominate on the outside quite like TO did.

If i had to compare Blackmon to anyone it would be Greg Jennings. Now Jennings is a damn good WR however he isn't a guy who can dominate in any system.

You can find guys who can be very successful in particular systems later in the draft. If I am drafting a guy in the top 10 I want to know he can be the difference maker regardless of what offense I run.

I don't think Blackmon can succeed in vertical offenses. He wouldn't do well in San Diego for instance. He probably needs to go to a west coast team. Ironically Cleveland and St Louis would be good fits, I just think it's too early for him.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Blackmon has been compared to TO a whole lot by a few people but i really don't get it. TO could dominate with size and had pretty damn good speed for such a big guy. I don't think Blackmon is a guy who can dominate on the outside quite like TO did.

If i had to compare Blackmon to anyone it would be Greg Jennings. Now Jennings is a damn good WR however he isn't a guy who can dominate in any system.

You can find guys who can be very successful in particular systems later in the draft. If I am drafting a guy in the top 10 I want to know he can be the difference maker regardless of what offense I run.

I don't think Blackmon can succeed in vertical offenses. He wouldn't do well in San Diego for instance. He probably needs to go to a west coast team. Ironically Cleveland and St Louis would be good fits, I just think it's too early for him.
The Calvin Johnson's, Andre Johnson's and the A.J. Green are few and far apart. Blackmon was a productive playmaker in college, can make his cuts on his routes with the best of them, has strong dependable hands with a large catching radius, has terrific ball skills and body control, and is competitive, physical and aggressive when going after the ball in the air. No, he doesn't have elite speed but neither did TO and his height is average but he will be a very special WR in most systems and a definite #1 if he reaches his potential, but you are right that when a WR lacks elite speed, it is very tough to gage his future success.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 04-08-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Everybody know Dez has tremendous natural ability but he is never going to be a star in the NFL, he has very little commitment to hard work and just gets by on what he was born with. Bryant puts zero work into learning how to run routes and couldn't care less about improving. Blackmon is totally committed to his profession and will have a substantially better career than Dez.
This is actually completely false. Stop watching ESPN and know what you are talking about before you post. Dez actually works really hard and LOVES the game of football. He has made big strides and should do big things this year barring injury.

The failure of watching ESPN and thinking it's gospel.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely.
Floyd has much more consistent, natural hands.
And not to mention more of a leaping catch radius.
As far as YAC is concerned, Floyd is much a much more physical threat than Blackmon.
That said, both will go top 15.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010-nf...ide-receivers/

Dez measured 6'2 even at the NFL combine in 2010. He and Blackmon are more or less the same height, as is their straight line speed. And if we're going to add an tenth of second to Blackmon's pro day time, we have to do the same for Dez which would make him a 4.6 WR.lol

Just don't see a world of difference between them as prospects.
You talk as if I'm comparing Blackmon to Megatron.
Blackmon/Dez are more similar than not IMO.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010-nf...ide-receivers/

Dez measured 6'2 even at the NFL combine in 2010. He and Blackmon are more or less the same height, as is their straight line speed. And if we're going to add an tenth of second to Blackmon's pro day time, we have to do the same for Dez which would make him a 4.6 WR.lol

Just don't see a world of difference between them as prospects.
You talk as if I'm comparing Blackmon to Megatron.
Blackmon/Dez are more similar than not IMO.
Dez is closer to megatron than he is to Blackmon. Dez is a freak. Dez also measured in a 6'2 and 7/8'' at his pro day but height can fluctuate up to an inch depending on how you sleep, etc. Also, the other thing that stood out to be on that list was Dez has 34 inch arms! That's ridiculous for a WR.

Physically, Dez is in another class over Blackmon. I'm not saying Blackmon couldn't be more productive, but as far as physical skills go it's Dez no question.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

I haven't seen anything that suggests Dez measured 6'2 7/8ths at his pro day.
Source??

When it comes to height, I tend to go with the official Indy combine measurement, especially if there's a huge discrepancy of nearly 1 inch.

LOL that you think height can 'fluctuate' with how you sleep!!

Anyway, my point is that I think Justin Blackmon is being underrated heading up to the draft, no slight to Dez Bryant at all.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but height can fluctuate up to an inch depending on how you sleep, etc.
Are you certain that's accurate?

Now, your height can change due to sleeping. In the morning, you're the tallest you'll be during that day. As the day goes on, the pressure from the weight of your head, upper body, and gravity weigh down and compress your spine, which causes you to lose height. Then as you sleep, your spine decompresses and you gain that length back.

But you're looking at a centimeter of difference in height - maybe - and you probably won't even notice it.

An inch is a significant change, and with how shallow our society is, you'd have to think every guy would be sleeping a certain way every night so they'd be just a little bit taller. Even if you slept upside down.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Floyd on the field but Blackmon is a much better total package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'd take Floyd on the field but Blackmon is a much better total package.
I dont understand this statement, if Blackmon is the much better total package then why would you take Floyd?