Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Peyton Manning will be this year?
Miraculously still in Indy 9 4.81%
Nowhere, won't be medically cleared 11 5.88%
Miami 33 17.65%
Washington 18 9.63%
Arizona 49 26.20%
NY Jets 15 8.02%
Cleveland 3 1.60%
San Francisco (even though Harbaugh loves Alex) 11 5.88%
Kansas City 20 10.70%
Somewhere else, where? 18 9.63%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Manning to sign with Denver Broncos

(I searched thru a bunch of pages, back over a month, saw nothing with this similiar title.... I want to put this to a vote now before strong leaks start to come out.... see who here pegged it right.)

WHERE do you predict PEYTON MANNING will END UP this season after the Colts part ways with him here soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The 49ers and Redskins have to be the top 2 candidates. Neither has a QB they are going to commit long term to and both have very good teams.

The Jets have a loud mouth coach and a cancerous team. Peyton will have no part of that.

The Cardinals and Seahawks just don't have the all around talent to be major contenders.

The Dolphins are a nice option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I don't think we ever see him play again. That being said, Seattle, San Fran, Jets, could all use his services to get over the hump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoosemahn View Post
I feel the same way, I don't think we'll ever see the same Manning again.

And if he returns, I think he'll do so with a team that's ready to win a SB right now. KC probably still needs one or two more years to truly solidify, IMO.

I'd guess San Fran could/would make a move for him.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 02-12-2012 at 10:06 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict he's finished.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona or Miami imo
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I unlikely spot but come on to sf . We could be super bowl bound . for get Alex smith ....
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle or Arizona make the most sense to me. Unless Arizona makes substantial upgrade to their offensive line I'd probably say he should go to Seattle. Rice obviously isn't as good as Fitzgerald, but I'd take the Seahawks entire team of skill position players above Arizona's, and Seattle's line while not great, is definitely better than the Cardinals.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I choose "Somewhere else" where? I believe he'll retire and start a coaching career, maybe not this year but i think we'll see him back in the NFL.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to believe Jim Harbaugh is sticking with Alex Smith if he can get Peyton Manning for 2 years.

Unless the 49ers are cap strapped, my money is on SF. They're the best team with the weakest QB (ie the Vikings pre-Favre)
Old 02-13-2012, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I refuse to believe Jim Harbaugh is sticking with Alex Smith if he can get Peyton Manning for 2 years.

Unless the 49ers are cap strapped, my money is on SF. They're the best team with the weakest QB (ie the Vikings pre-Favre)
They'll probably want to bring back at least one of Ted Ginn or Josh Morgan, maybe both at least for training camp. Ahmad Brooks, Larry Grant, Blake Costanzo and Tavares Gooden at LB are all FA's, Grant and Costanzo will probably both be back for pretty cheap, Gooden could be had for really cheap too, but Brooks will more than likely walk.

Then their big money re-signings and big question marks are Carlos Rogers and Dashon Goldson who were both huge for them this year and they'll take up a pretty big chunk of cap space if they both re-sign.

Right now the 49ers have 21-25 million in cap space depending on what the cap ends up being without regards to who they need to re-sign and their draft picks. Assume they spend at least 10 million on re-signing players, which is being really conservative, and 5 million on draft picks. They'll have between 6 and 10 million left in cap room without cutting or restructuring any deals.

So I guess if the 49ers want Peyton he'll probably be the only FA they sign for anything above a veteran minimum and hope that the addition of Peyton and rookies alone will be able to put them in the Super Bowl and that rookies will be able to replace any FA's that they lose.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A team that always sticks out to me for some reason is Seattle, TJackson is not going to take them places and I believe they're a QB away from being playoff contenders.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still can't believe were talking about this. Crazy the difference a year makes, I think he will be in Miami.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Still can't believe were talking about this. Crazy the difference a year makes, I think he will be in Miami.
It really is unbelievable. He went from on top, to totally on the sideline with no control over anything.

Looks like Larry Fitzgerald is winning the poll here....

I predicted we've seen the last of him, but hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People still think Peyton Manning will be a 49er? LMFAO.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no clue. The torrent of daily regurgitated and twisted info about Manning here locally has made it impossible for me to do anything but wait to see what happens at this point.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I have no clue. The torrent of daily regurgitated and twisted info about Manning here locally has made it impossible for me to do anything but wait to see what happens at this point.
What is your gut feeling there killx?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
What is your gut feeling there killx?
It's hard to say, mainly because Irsay has turned into such a different person now that Polian is no longer around. For the longest time I've said that if Manning is healthy enough to play, he'll be a Colt. I'm not so sure about that anymore.

My best guess is that they will delay the bonus date and give Manning more time to rehab. I still think if he plays anywhere next year it will be in Indy.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-13-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle.

L I N C E P T I O N
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's hard to say, mainly because Irsay has turned into such a different person now that Polian is no longer around. For the longest time I've said that if Manning is healthy enough to play, he'll be a Colt. I'm not so sure about that anymore.

My best guess is that they will delay the bonus date and give Manning more time to rehab. I still think if he plays anywhere next year it will be in Indy.
I think there is a whole load of grey area here. If he is confirmed as healthy and should regain most, if not all, his arm strength then yeah the Colts would likely keep him around. However there is about a 5% chance of that happening in time for them to make a decision on this. My best guess is he is cleared to play but doctors won't be able to give a guarantee that he will ever have enough arm strength left and the Colts will rightly cut him. Then some team will gamble on him and hope he gets healthy.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think there is a whole load of grey area here. If he is confirmed as healthy and should regain most, if not all, his arm strength then yeah the Colts would likely keep him around. However there is about a 5% chance of that happening in time for them to make a decision on this. My best guess is he is cleared to play but doctors won't be able to give a guarantee that he will ever have enough arm strength left and the Colts will rightly cut him. Then some team will gamble on him and hope he gets healthy.
There's a chance, if the relationship between Manning and Irsay is still strong enough, that he will be cut and then re-signed to an incentive-laden deal. If he is willing to do that for another team, as has been reported, then he should do it for the team that just paid him $26 million to rehab all year last year.

If the Colts cut him and don't re-sign him before the draft, then he and the Colts are done until he decides to retire.

At that point I would expect him to go to a team like Miami or Arizona or even Seattle. Teams with solid defenses and good receivers. I am thinking of Sidney Rice in Seattle, he put up monster numbers with Favre.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-13-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll end up in Miami. It's a much bigger media market which I think is something that he'll consider. Arizona is also a possibility, but I don't think he'd want to have Levy Brown as his blind side protector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think he'll end up in Miami. It's a much bigger media market which I think is something that he'll consider. Arizona is also a possibility, but I don't think he'd want to have Levy Brown as his blind side protector.
Maybe. I doubt his release will be as quick as it used to be so he will probably need more of an OL. Which would mean Miami.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-13-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's a chance, if the relationship between Manning and Irsay is still strong enough, that he will be cut and then re-signed to an incentive-laden deal. If he is willing to do that for another team, as has been reported, then he should do it for the team that just paid him $26 million to rehab all year last year.

If the Colts cut him and don't re-sign him before the draft, then he and the Colts are done until he decides to retire.

At that point I would expect him to go to a team like Miami or Arizona or even Seattle. Teams with solid defenses and good receivers. I am thinking of Sidney Rice in Seattle, he put up monster numbers with Favre.
It could be a tough sell for Irsay to say "we'll give you a contract where the value depends on how often and how well you play, but we're going to use the first pick of the draft on the most polished QB prospect in decades who is ready to start from day one".

Old 02-13-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
It could be a tough sell for Irsay to say "we'll give you a contract where the value depends on how often and how well you play, but we're going to use the first pick of the draft on the most polished QB prospect in decades who is ready to start from day one".
Good point. But with the salary cap actually meaning something again, how likely is it that teams are going to take a huge chance on a 36 year old QB with 3 neck surgeries in 19 months and a tricep nerve that may or may not ever regenerate?

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-13-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Good point. But with the salary cap actually meaning something again, how likely is it that teams are going to take a huge chance on a 36 year old QB with 3 neck surgeries in 19 months and a tricep nerve that may or may not ever regenerate?
I will always have faith that at least one NFL decision maker is ******** enough to do something like that.

I don't see somewhere like Miami or Seattle going down that route though. But someone like Ken Wisenhunt who may not have much longer left could roll the dice on Manning.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the listed teams, I selected the Cardinals. Cardinals have Fitzgerald, Wells and a very good defense. All they need is to upgrade the OL via the Draft/FA and possibly sign another WR opposite Fitzgerald.

Even at 50%, Manning is still far superior to Kolb/Skelton/whoever the hell else is there in ARZ. If Manning goes to ARZ, I see Wayne joining him too. Could also see Garcon in ARZ.

As a 49ers fan, im worried about the Cardinals the most. Rams have no one outside of Bradford and Jackson on offense plus they have Bradford so no Peyton there. SEA could be an option but with so much money and draft picks invested in Jackson/Whitehurst, I dont see that happening plus Manning is going to want weapons. He would have far more weapons in ARZ than SEA plus ARZ basically in a dome on turf. Dont think Manning would go to a bad weather area like SEA where it rains almost all the time.

That was my pick but I wouldnt be surprised to see the Ravens trade Flacco and sign Manning. He's the veteran they need at the most important position especially with all of their veteran defensive players. And how fun would it be to see the offense fail, Lewis get pissed but have a QB like Manning instead of Flacco (or whoever). That would be interesting to say the least.

As for my 49ers, no thanks. I prefer Alex Smith quite honestly. Manning would cost too much money and if Harbaugh was to sign Manning, it would end everything that he was able to build in 2011. No thanks to Manning.

What we need is to re-sign our top three UFA's (Smith, Goldson and Brooks), let Rogers walk if he demands too much money, re-sign Snyder to keep the starting OL intact, tender ILB Larry Grant at a 2nd round draft pick and acquire a speed playmaking receiver on the outside. That will help out the offense more than anything else.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ARZ sounds like a pirate it's just AZ

As for Alex Smith I doubt he resigns cheap, people might actually want him this offseason, 10 mil plus certainly
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote