Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-09-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Could Pioli really pull the trigger on Tannehill?

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/04/0...dance-partner/

And we've had this guy in for a visit along with Osweiler and Cousins. I feel like Tannehill could be a legit option for us.

Think about it. The team doesn't have any glaring needs as of now. It would be a great time to take a flyer on a QB, but I just don't know with Tannehill. The guy has very little starting experience in college and blew halftime leads. He was outscored 83-24 in the 2nd half in the 5 games in which his team had a 9 or more point lead going into halftime.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Peter King likes to act like he knows anything about Belichick/Pioli, but he has no clue. Almost just closed the new tab when I saw who the source was, but decided to give it a read anyway for some reason...

2. The Chiefs trading up? The only way I'd see Pioli trading up in any scenario is if he absolutely had to have a guy, the rest of the roster was already stacked, and the guy he was looking at was just a flat-out, can't miss prospect. Tannehill just isn't that guy.

3. Bringing in QBs just seems like due diligence and not much more. Pioli is pretty notorious for bringing in a player (often QBs, actually) as a way to both send a smokescreen as well as gather more information about some other player that he's interested in drafting.

4. Sites like that really aren't any more in-depth or accurate, etc. than what we post in this team forum. Actually, I'd say that we're a far more accurate, trustworthy, and realistic source of information, analysis, and speculation than pretty much any of the fan sites.

Last edited by nepg : 04-09-2012 at 11:33 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a word: Yes. He could pull the trigger on Tannehill. Admittedly, I'm a bigger Tannehill fan than most, but the A&M defense was flat out abysmal in almost every game. A lot of those games were lost because they couldn't stop anyone.

Pioli isn't an idiot. He will do his research. If he believes Tannehill is what we need moving forward, he will be a Chief. Period.

The biggest thing is that Tannehill would probably need to sit a year, ala Jake Locker of last year, but we have the QBs now to make sure he doesn't HAVE to start this year. Cassel will start this year with Tannehill taking over next year.

As for my opinion, I'd LOVE the move. QB is our biggest weakness and we need to fix it to have any shot at winning anything meaningful. Cassel will only take us so far.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only if he is there at 11. They won't trade up for him.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only way i see Tannehill as a Chief is if he slides past Cleveland and Miami. i really don't see that happening. if he is there @ #11, i could see the Chiefs taking a chance on him. as you said has hasn't started at QB for long and he has a very high ceiling.

Pioli is in a great position to draft a guy that has franchise QB potential while not giving up on Cassel in a year where they don't have a defined need in the 2st round. i'm not personaly a big fan of Tannehill, but i would be excited to see Pioli make this move. just the idea of drafting a QB in rd 1 shows me we are willing to go the extra step to bring a SB to KC.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is way past time for us to pull the trigger on a first round QB. Waaay past time. 1983? Come on.

Show us you're committed to getting to the biggest stage in pro sports, Pioli. Show us you're committed to winning it all.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote