Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-10-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I Hope Fletcher Cox Doesn't Go to a 3-4 Team

I know he could play DE for a 3/4 team, but watching him I just want to see him in the 4/3. His inside rush is so nice... Just think it would be a waste 2 gapping for a 3/4.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So would I, but 3-4 doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be asked to 2-gap. Dallas, SD and GB don't two-gap, neither does Houston or NYJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought GB was a 2 gap system. Are there really that many 1 gap teams? I guess I hadn't thought about it but I thought 2 gap was the more prevalent 3-4.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I thought GB was a 2 gap system. Are there really that many 1 gap teams? I guess I hadn't thought about it but I thought 2 gap was the more prevalent 3-4.
I am almost positive that most run a one gap system. I think a few teams that tried to switch to the 3-4 went two gap, but a bunch of those have since reverted. I would imagine that the Chiefs are the 'classic' two gap 3-4 team.

Back to the original question, yeah from what i have heard, he would be kind of wasting his best talent in a two gap system. I think a d line where the UT attacks a ton (old school TB comes to mind) seems best. However, it is not like he wouldn't be able to pass rush. Even in the two gap, on obvious passing situations he would get to pin his ears back.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

I really like him as a 3-4 DE. I don't know if his body and play style will be a good fit in the 4-3. He might not be able to anchor down and could get caught in the wash alot. He reminds me so much of Gerald McCoy. They have the exact same frames and he hasn't been too great at 4-3 DT and keeps getting injured.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell Justin Smith that Fletcher Cox would be "wasting his talent" as a 3-4 DE.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same here, I actually think he will be the best 3 tech in this draft. Dont know where he will go, I have him as a top 10 pick but I can see him going as late as 20. Guy is going to be a terror though. He would be wasted in a 3-4 occupying blockers.
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnraisedwhodat View Post
Same here, I actually think he will be the best 3 tech in this draft. Dont know where he will go, I have him as a top 10 pick but I can see him going as late as 20. Guy is going to be a terror though. He would be wasted in a 3-4 occupying blockers.
You are assuming he'd be playing in the classic Parcells 3-4. Guys like Justin Smith and JJ Watt play 3-4 DE and do a lot more than occupy blockers.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not too impressed with Cox but we'll see.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him a lot more as 3 tech as well, but in the right 34 scheme, he'll be fine. He's a monster, no doubt the #1 DT for me.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Tell Justin Smith that Fletcher Cox would be "wasting his talent" as a 3-4 DE.
Mmmmmmmm.... I think they're two totally different players. Smith is one that uses raw power to get to the QB... Cox had speed and foot movement to get there.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In New England's defensive heyday Richard Seymour played 2-gap DE and was still in the backfield a lot, either sacking the QB or at least getting pressure. 2-gap DE doesn't mean a guy can't attack the QB.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
GB is one gap. So is pittsburgh. Minnesota is/was a 2 gap 43 team.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
GB is one gap. So is pittsburgh. Minnesota is/was a 2 gap 43 team.
Capers plays both 1 and 2 gap in Green Bay. It depends on the play and the formation, not the scheme. He usually 2-gaps in base (though he has a base alternative with 2 guys two-gapping and one DL one-gapping), but rarely does in nickel.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Capers plays both 1 and 2 gap in Green Bay. It depends on the play and the formation, not the scheme. He usually 2-gaps in base (though he has a base alternative with 2 guys two-gapping and one DL one-gapping), but rarely does in nickel.
Almost all passing Ds are 1 gap. There is no point playing contain on a QB unless that QB is mike vick or tim tebow. Maybe I was wrong about GB, but I was certain that they used more zone blitzing out of their base than most.

As far as Seymour is concerned, most of his stats were compiled as an UT in a 1 gap nickel situation. His prowess as a 2 gap player can only be seen by watching tape, like most 2 gap DE.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't want him in KC, so I hope you're right OP.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I know he could play DE for a 3/4 team, but watching him I just want to see him in the 4/3. His inside rush is so nice... Just think it would be a waste 2 gapping for a 3/4.
Maybe the Panthers will do you a favor and draft him.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really don't want him in KC, so I hope you're right OP.
Why don't you want him in KC?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hasn't KC spent enough high first round picks on 5-technique defensive ends?
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Hasn't KC spent enough high first round picks on 5-technique defensive ends?
This. Plus I'm not convinced he'd be a good scheme fit here. And I know Dorsey is in a FA year, but I'd rather take a developmental guy in the third or later than use ANOTHER premium pick on the position.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This. Plus I'm not convinced he'd be a good scheme fit here. And I know Dorsey is in a FA year, but I'd rather take a developmental guy in the third or later than use ANOTHER premium pick on the position.
Losing Dorsey could be a good thing for KC. It might force them to draft an actual 34 DE.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Maybe the Panthers will do you a favor and draft him.
Carolina could be interested in Kuechly or Michael Floyd. Or a lot of other players.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Losing Dorsey could be a good thing for KC. It might force them to draft an actual 34 DE.
They did. His name is Allen Bailey, from Miami. They got him round 3 last year. Early signs are that he is an absolute steal.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind him on the Jets at all. I think he could handle it. Has the length to play 3-4 and most of the big 3-4 teams have the kind of coaches who can find a way to use a guy with his kind of athleticism. Think a less roided up (healthier) Luis Castillo with better length...The good Castillo from earlier in his career.

Do agree that he's a really strong 4-3 DT prospect though...Isn't he one of the youngest first round candidates?

Last edited by SenorGato : 04-10-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: F
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tyson Jackson, Allen Bailey, etc. are legit 3-4 DE's for KC. Dorsey does well but he is more of a 4-3 DT. Not sure if KC will re-sign Dorsey or not. If the Chiefs draft a 3-4 DE early, it is likely a sign to come with Dorsey imo.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote