Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-11-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Browns / Jags Trade?

Cleveland traded the 6th pick to Atlanta last year for the 27th pick last year. Atlanta gave up two 1sts, two 4ths and a 2nd to make the deal. If Cleveland offers something similar to move up to 7th selection, to take Tannehill (if they pass on him at 4) give up say a 1st (22), 3rd (67) and 4th (100) and 2013 1st round pick, would Jacksonville take it? It's a long way to drop, but it could be worth it in the long run. What do you guys think?
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly69 View Post
Cleveland traded the 6th pick to Atlanta last year for the 27th pick last year. Atlanta gave up two 1sts, two 4ths and a 2nd to make the deal. If Cleveland offers something similar to move up to 7th selection, to take Tannehill (if they pass on him at 4) give up say a 1st (22), 3rd (67) and 4th (100) and 2013 1st round pick, would Jacksonville take it? It's a long way to drop, but it could be worth it in the long run. What do you guys think?
This scenario has been discussed for months on the Jaguars.com message board and is very popular with the Jags fans. If the Browns want Tannehill that bad I would be very surprised if the Jaguars did not jump at the deal.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not going to happen.

Think of it this way. Say the Browns take Tannehill at 4, would the Browns trade up 2 firsts, a 3rd, and a 4th for a RB or a WR in this class?

If they want Tannehill, they should take him at 4 and take a WR/RB later. The dropoff between Richardson/Blackmon and a 3rd rounder isn't worth that.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Jacksonville trade up? They have looked into so many prospects and have interest in an array of areas, they are just going to sit still and see what falls to them.

I'm convinced they are targeting Poe, Brockers, or Coples, but also wouldn't be surprised if they went Blackmon or Floyd. I also know they've shown a good amount of interest in Vinny Curry...
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Why would Jacksonville trade up?
Cleveland has 2 firsts. He's asking about Cleveland trading their second first to Jacksonville's spot. Jacksonville is trading down in this situation.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Cleveland has 2 firsts. He's asking about Cleveland trading their second first to Jacksonville's spot. Jacksonville is trading down in this situation.
Thank you for clarifying.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cleveland takes weeden with the 22nd pick
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:20 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think KC is a more realistic option. They'd only be moving up 4 spots and I think with the lack of separation between the prospects once you get past the top 5 or 6, I think a team might even be able to get a deal done for less than what the trade value chart says it should cost.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncorey View Post
cleveland takes weeden with the 22nd pick
And the whole world laughs in their faces.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbuck View Post
I think KC is a more realistic option. They'd only be moving up 4 spots and I think with the lack of separation between the prospects once you get past the top 5 or 6, I think a team might even be able to get a deal done for less than what the trade value chart says it should cost.
I don't see KC trading up for Tannehill. Its not the Patriot/Pioli way to trade up.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I don't see KC trading up for Tannehill. Its not the Patriot/Pioli way to trade up.
The Pats traded up in 2006 from 52 to 36 to get Chad Jackson. And QB's are an excepetion to all rules in the NFL. If Pioli and co feel Tannehill can be a franchise QB then they could look to trade up (it would cost a 3rd and 6th to go from 11 to 7 and get in front of Miami).
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might can see that happening. All Jacksonville is after is a good pass-rusher or WR. Both can be found at #22.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think Cleveland waits on there QB. Osweiler is my guess.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we will wait on our QB..but hopefully not Osweiller..he's gonna be awful..
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole thread makes me want to vomit. descendency hit it on the head in responding to the OP. If we want Tannehill, take him at 4 and draft a skill player at 22.

Why trade 22 and a future first to get Tannehill and say take Blackmon at 4, when people can't even decide if Blackmon can be a true #1 WR at the next level?

Hopefully all this is moot however, as I hate the idea of taking Tannehill so high just because he's the next best QB and we have a need. It doesn't make him worth the draft slot.

Also, the comment about Weeden at 22 makes me want to drown puppies...

Last edited by fear the elf : 04-12-2012 at 11:08 AM.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacksonville should take Tannehill. God damn Gabbert sucks.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
This whole thread makes me want to vomit. descendency hit it on the head in responding to the OP. If we want Tannehill, take him at 4 and draft a skill player at 22.

Why trade 22 and a future first to get Tannehill and say take Blackmon at 4, when people can't even decide if Blackmon can be a true #1 WR at the next level?

Hopefully all this is moot however, as I hate the idea of taking Tannehill so high just because he's the next best QB and we have a need. It doesn't make him worth the draft slot.

Also, the comment about Weeden at 22 makes me want to drown puppies...

You need to lighten up. The Browns organization should make you want to drown puppies.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if Cleveland is able to leverage themselves as liking RB Trent Richardson, then sending the pick to St. Louis and picking up an extra pick? Could still come away with a WR, OT, and RB in the first two rounds. Not to mention someone to back up Colt McCoy and possibly replace him if necessary?

I only bring this up because Fischer is predominately a run-first kinda guy, and I hear he really likes Richardson.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Jacksonville should take Tannehill. God damn Gabbert sucks.
Not sure i'd replace one B-12 QB with limited success and a lot of question marks for another with pretty much the same history. Probably a good way to get your GM fired.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, not going to happen. As much as the Browns love to have more picks, this year I just don't see them moving. Although they do have plenty of options at #4, I see them staying put and deciding between Richardson and Blackmon. Personally, I think Richardson in their guy.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Browns liked Tannehill that much they would just take him at #4.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
What if Cleveland is able to leverage themselves as liking RB Trent Richardson, then sending the pick to St. Louis and picking up an extra pick? Could still come away with a WR, OT, and RB in the first two rounds. Not to mention someone to back up Colt McCoy and possibly replace him if necessary?

I only bring this up because Fischer is predominately a run-first kinda guy, and I hear he really likes Richardson.
Someone the Rams can use will fall to them with the sixth pick, whether it's Blackmon, Richardson, or Claiborne. Sacrificing a pick to trade up two spots makes little sense for the Rams when they need all the help they can get.

As for the Browns/Jags trade, it seems pretty laughable to me. If Cleveland wants Tannehill, they'll take him at four, as others have pointed out. Using one pick to select him @ 4 makes more sense than using multiple picks to take him @ 7.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Grossi thinks that Weeden is the QB they're targeting. If so, I sure hope to God that they don't take him with 22.....use that pick on a good player and waste 37 on Weeden if they're gonna waste a pick. Be like the Bengals last year with Dalton and let the draft come to then. No one between picks 22 and 37 will take Weeden and I doubt anyone would trade up for him.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
If the Browns liked Tannehill that much they would just take him at #4.
When asked today How could the Browns possibly screw this up, Mel Kiper says "By taking Tannehill at #4."

Not saying Mel should always have the last word, but I strangely agree with him. The consensus is that Tannehill needs to sit & learn somewhere, his lack of experience begs for OJT.

Someone may get all jizzy over Tannehill & bet the ranch on trading up for him though. If Cleveland takes him he gets thrown to the wolves as rookie cannon fodder, Colt McCoy can't withstand another season of getting beaten up like last yr.

Last edited by jojo : 04-12-2012 at 09:57 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Donnie D
Rookie

Donnie D hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

its more likely that Miami trades up to the no.3 to grab Tannehill then Cleveland taking Richardson/Blackmon with the no.4 and then trading back into the top 10 for Tannehill.

although if that happens, St.Louis has to call Cleveland to see what the asking price for trading up to the no.4 would be, since Kalil would still be on the board. Rams would have taken him with the no.2 if they had stayed.
Donnie D is offline   Reply With Quote