Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 04-16-2014, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ya, I'm guilty of it too but the personal attacks have gotta go.
Don't tell me what to do, you hack!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I would ask for future games for less personal attacks and bs, games used to be like 70 pages and most of the talk was game related

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:38 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'd wait till after Easter. I'm assuming you get public holidays for it on Monday too?
No. I don't think anybody really gets the Monday after Easter off here. I know I don't and I even get Columbus Day off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
If you guys want I can run my Nintendo Universe game and start Monday. Would anyone who is sitting out like to help co-mod the game? I could really use some help and would love to at least have someone look over the roles and make sure everything seems balanced
Is it the You-Pick or just standard?

Quote:
I would ask for future games for less personal attacks and bs, games used to be like 70 pages and most of the talk was game related
Yeah, having a 4000 post thread is pretty cumbersome. I can't imagine what I would do if I couldn't follow along at work. Being away for ten hours and then having to catch up on 40 pages, 30 of which are total horse crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

njx needs to build the anonymous forum already.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
How would that work? Would we get new names for each game? Otherwise we'd figure out who each person was pretty quickly. You'd all figure me out with my first post.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
PMed him this morning about it as I have been thinking about this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
How would that work? Would we get new names for each game? Otherwise we'd figure out who each person was pretty quickly. You'd all figure me out with my first post.
Auto name generation per game I believe is what he was striving for.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Absolutely. Anonymous forum sounds nice but it could be accomplished by game mods simply saying it's ban-able and then enforcing it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't personal attack people in games ever :/

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make references to "best/worst player ever" a mod kill and half the nonsense would be wiped out.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't personal attack people in games ever :/
Quote:
DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO. Stupid pink texted bastard.

I was quite hurt.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to step up my name calling game.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
R-Bond
Veteran

R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.R-Bond is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personal attacks are 75% percent of my strategy.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and damnit brodie its MAGENTA!!!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it the You-Pick or just standard?
I have a standard game laid out, but if people would really rather do a U-Pick I guess I could run that. If I were to do U-Pick though, I'd need to start sign-ups now so I could figure out the characters/roles

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah you guys are meanie weenies
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I have a standard game laid out, but if people would really rather do a U-Pick I guess I could run that. If I were to do U-Pick though, I'd need to start sign-ups now so I could figure out the characters/roles
If it's U-Pick, I wouldn't worry about matching up characters and roles. Just keep the same roles and assign them randomly.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-16-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If it's U-Pick, I wouldn't worry about matching up characters and roles. Just keep the same roles and assign them randomly.
This works. Also, I'd say put up the sign-ups regardless.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

What, exactly, is U-Pick? I've seen it a few times but never played or asked.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Doing it randomly also prevents people getting roles they like (Rob getting mafia. Me getting the Newspaper Editor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
What, exactly, is U-Pick? I've seen it a few times but never played or asked.
You pick your character. So for Nintendo, I would give my top five list of

1. Mario
2. Yoshi
3. Luigi
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong

If nobody else picks Mario, I get him. If somebody else has him number one, it get assigned randomly and the perosn who doesn't get him moves onto pick 2.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-16-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Doing it randomly also prevents people getting roles they like (Rob getting mafia. Me getting the Newspaper Editor).

You pick your character. So for Nintendo, I would give my top five list of

1. Mario
2. Yoshi
3. Luigi
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong

If nobody else picks Mario, I get him. If somebody else has him number one, it get assigned randomly and the perosn who doesn't get him moves onto pick 2.
So there's not really much affect on the game, then? Kind of like a cosmetic choice?

Old 04-16-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So there's not really much affect on the game, then? Kind of like a cosmetic choice?
No, it doesn't change the game itself, just the assignment to characters (and possibly roles depending on the mod).

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-16-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It all depends. You can either do what JR said and have all the roles mapped out and then let people play as whatever character they want and randomly get one of the pre-scripted roles.

Or you can tailor player's roles to the characters they've chosen. This way requires a lot more work because you basically have to start from scratch and throw the entire game together in a day or so. Sometimes it works out really well (Marvel game). Sometimes one side is OP as **** (Pokemon).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-16-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could we conceivably do an anonymous game in the Quick Topic thing?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Could we conceivably do an anonymous game in the Quick Topic thing?
I haven't really looked too hard, but I don't see any kind of quote system. The lies would be rampant!

Old 04-16-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
This works. Also, I'd say put up the sign-ups regardless.
I agree with this statement. The anticipation is killing me.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: