Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-05-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted a DS or PSP okay! I've wanted one for a while and this was the perfect opportunity to waste some money on it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I wanted a DS or PSP okay! I've wanted one for a while and this was the perfect opportunity to waste some money on it.
The characters just look too cartoony for my liking. Also...I may get a DS...just for Pokemon purposes

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So if one were thinking about purchasing a handheld gaming system (like a PSP) in order to play FF2/FF3 (US) again, would that be possible? I've done a few searches and I can only find FF2 (US) on the PSP. What about the DS? Help me out here. I haven't owned a handheld gaming system since Gameboy. :(
Play it on your cpu you dork. Emulators are your friend.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Play it on your cpu you dork. Emulators are your friend.
Ya, SNES top down view RPGs are pretty good on Emulator. Only game I can't stand to play emulator is Super Mario RPG since the view is def. built for a pad.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm such a ***** when it comes to downloading ROMs. I'm paranoid. I have them on my old comp but the psu is burnt out so I'd have to buy a new one. Meh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm such a ***** when it comes to downloading ROMs. I'm paranoid. I have them on my old comp but the psu is burnt out so I'd have to buy a new one. Meh.
$30 bucks for a PS2 > w.e. the DS costs

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Talk to me in IRC. I can give you a reliable site if that is the issue.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Talk to me in IRC. I can give you a reliable site if that is the issue.
It's pretty easy to find Nes/Snes roms. Silly vidae.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's pretty easy to find Nes/Snes roms. Silly vidae.
This this this.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question. Does it matter what order you play the FF games in?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Question. Does it matter what order you play the FF games in?
No, they're all independent of each other. They keep similar themes, fighting systems, magic, and things that that throughout. But each is its own story in its own world with its own characters.

The only exceptions are the ones that have their own "two" version, like X-II and XIII-II. But they rather suck, so I'd just avoid them.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
No, they're all independent of each other. They keep similar themes, fighting systems, magic, and things that that throughout. But each is its own story in its own world with its own characters.

The only exceptions are the ones that have their own "two" version, like X-II and XIII-II. But they rather suck, so I'd just avoid them.
X-2 does not exist. It's kinda like the Star Wars prequels.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm one of the few people who thought X-2 did a lot of things right. Story line and character continuity is not one of them though.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I'm one of the few people who thought X-2 did a lot of things right. Story line and character continuity is not one of them though.
X-2 wasn't as awful as a lot of ppl make it out to be

Had a lot of redeeming qualities, but it wasn't a good game.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2011/07/...review-part-1/

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

He hates FFX so his opinion is irrelevant.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
He hates FFX so his opinion is irrelevant.
http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/03/11/it-begins-again/

Or if you want FFVIII, lol

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2007/04/...review-part-1/

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Not a huge fan of FFVIII...but I will punch him in the mangina for his blasphemy against X

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Not a huge fan of FFVIII...but I will punch him in the mangina for his blasphemy against X
Even if you like it, the review is pretty funny

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:

They made Yuna a ******* *****. **** that game. (+ payne is an emo *****, can't care about her)

Gameplay was kinda okay. Characters were terrible. Story was stupid and non-existant. Sphere hunters, that's so ******* dumb. No world map (it's so annoying that there hasn't been one since FFIX). No Auron. No playable Kimahri. It's just a stupid arcade game borrowing some things from a FF game. The only interesting part was the two leaders of the opposing movements.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:
FFVIII is enjoyable. It's the weakest game from FF2 to FFX, but hell I like it. Combat is fun. I liked the junction/GF system. Story was not too bad. It's only problems was that they only cared about Squall and made everyone else stupid, empty characters. I like it a lot and get to play it more often than most others because i dislike its flaws less. (FFIX's combat is unbearably slow, FFVII takes way too long before getting interesting (the whole midgar part sucks except for the shinra HQ, + the small town where you don't do ****), FFV is insanely hard and combat is boring, FFX has no world map which is stupid.)

Last edited by Job Reborn : 05-05-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They made Yuna a ******* *****. **** that game. (+ payne is an emo *****, can't care about her)

Gameplay was kinda okay. Characters were terrible. Story was stupid and non-existant. Sphere hunters, that's so ******* dumb. No world map (it's so annoying that there hasn't been one since FFIX). No Auron. No playable Kimahri. It's just a stupid arcade game borrowing some things from a FF game. The only interesting part was the two leaders of the opposing movements.
I agree with most of that...but...Kimahri can suck it....never used him. I liked the entire sidequest thing and the 3 endings thing and well I did hate you couldn't summon..sphere hunters is pretty stupid..

ok maybe not a lot of redeeming qualities but...some? lol

Quote:
Even if you like it, the review is pretty funny
Not really...he was pretty annoying...that voice...omg..I wanted to punch him lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with most of that...but...Kimahri can suck it...
Kimahri is awesome. Tidus is the one who's crap.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's been 20 minutes! I is ready!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Kimahri is awesome. Tidus is the one who's crap.
Tidus was meh...Auron and Wakka were my heavy hitters...with Lulu reigning down and ungodly firestorm!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: