Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in! *Crossing fingers for Gotenks*

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The specials and movies ones gonna be crazy... I trust it will include Janemba, Hirudegarn and Broli.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I don't understand so **** it. I guess i'll just watch.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Well I don't understand so **** it. I guess i'll just watch.
Read one of the old threads

Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I want to be Vegeta. Or Piccolo.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always loved Piccolo.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vegeta is where it's at. He was originally written to die on Earth the first time he appears but was such a fan favorite as a snarky asshole tank that he was kept in.

I love the whole early-Namek arc where he's basically this 3rd party interloper between the good guys (Krillin, Gohan, Bulma) and Frieza's gang.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallopingGhost View Post
I pity the fool that gets stuck with Krillin.
Yes! That is the bald guy!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Old 04-13-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If he ever actually connected with one of those destructo discs...it'd be game over for the baddie. He was able to cut Nappa's face and cut off Frieza's tail with it despite them being worlds better than him power-level wise.

Alas, he's about as accurate as a frisbee freshman throwing a flick....
Wasn't the Destructo Disc technique considered to be dishonorable? I figured that's why Krillin (and the couple other Z fighters who can use it) didn't just spam the damn things.

When Goku battled Frieza, Frieza, with his Lvl. 100 Conjuration skill and perk that lets you create two summoned creatures, conjured up the two Destructo Disks, and then Goku was all like, "How low can you sink?" or some other heroic nonsense.

Maybe it was because Frieza was so powerful that he shouldn't have to use an OP move, whereas Krillin is usually just along for the ride.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vegeta is where it's at. He was originally written to die on Earth the first time he appears but was such a fan favorite as a snarky asshole tank that he was kept in.

I love the whole early-Namek arc where he's basically this 3rd party interloper between the good guys (Krillin, Gohan, Bulma) and Frieza's gang.
I love Vegeta, but too bad his ***** ass can't get past super saiyan 2. Some "royal" blood that is. Did Toriyama really plan to kill him on earth? That would have been terrible thank god the fans loved him.

Nappa was just a filler, but I don't think they should've killed off Raditz so quickly. If he switched sides like Vegeta he could have been a nice supporting character during the Namek saga, but with his attitude he probably would have never joined the good guys and their was no way Goku and Piccolo were strong enough at that time to make him surrender.

The Saiyan and Namek saga's we're definitely the best though. All of the supporting villains like Raditz, Nappa, Cui, Zarbon, Dodoria, The Ginyu Force, etc. made the show so much better than just having the androids, cell, and buu.

All of the mini plots made the show so much more interesting. It's like a conquest video game with all the secondary objectives which are so much more fun than the main quest lol. Nothing beats the Ginyu Force battles.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Wasn't the Destructo Disc technique considered to be dishonorable? I figured that's why Krillin (and the couple other Z fighters who can use it) didn't just spam the damn things.

When Goku battled Frieza, Frieza, with his Lvl. 100 Conjuration skill and perk that lets you create two summoned creatures, conjured up the two Destructo Disks, and then Goku was all like, "How low can you sink?" or some other heroic nonsense.

Maybe it was because Frieza was so powerful that he shouldn't have to use an OP move, whereas Krillin is usually just along for the ride.
Possibly, but when your life (and the life of the 5 year son of your best friend) are on the line, not to mention the entire galaxy at the hands of a potentially immortal tyrant, nothing should be too dishonorable.

I've always thought that Krillin should just spam solar flare and destructo disc. He would have been 1000x more useful of a character and might have actually won at least one fight in the series.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

There are so many situations like that, but obviously the show is never that easily. Just like Goku when he instant transmission's to king kai's planet and just chills for 2 minutes and waits for cell to blow up and die. He easily could have gotten himself, King Kai, bubbles, and gregory the hell out of there.

Anime's always have stupid stuff like that.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Possibly, but when your life (and the life of the 5 year son of your best friend) are on the line, not to mention the entire galaxy at the hands of a potentially immortal tyrant, nothing should be too dishonorable.

I've always thought that Krillin should just spam solar flare and destructo disc. He would have been 1000x more useful of a character and might have actually won at least one fight in the series.
Perfect example right there. Using that combo Krillin could kill guys a million times stronger than him, but obviously the series won't go down like that. He could beat Frieze within 2 minutes of landing on Namek doing that.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is Dragonball Kai? A touched up version of Dragonball Z?

Last edited by Ngatachance92 : 04-13-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
What is Dragonball Kai? A cleaned up version of Drangonball Z?
Yeah, they took out a lot of the filler parts and condensed everything into half the time.

They also redid some of the voices which I'm iffy on.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, they took out a lot of the filler parts and condensed everything into half the time.

They also redid some of the voices which I'm iffy on.
So they dont spend whole episodes on powering up in that? I don't like the idea of voice changes, but I watched all of the movies in Japanese except for the dead zone so it shouldn't really be much of an issue.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
So they dont spend whole episodes on powering up in that? I don't like the idea of voice changes, but I watched all of the movies in Japanese except for the dead zone so it shouldn't really be much of an issue.
Yeah, they do less of the long power up sequences and they also removed filler arcs that didn't appear in the original manga. (Gohan's wilderness training is cut down by like 3/4 iirc for example.)

Whenever they make an anime out of a still ongoing manga, they usually need to add filler in order to avoid getting ahead of the manga. A fight that might take an entire comic book to show might only take 10 minutes on TV, so they need to pad the **** out of it. DBZ is a particularly bad offender.

Kai basically cuts a lot of that down. When I bought the DVDs, I could have gone with Kai instead, but went with the original Funmation English dub.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Kai shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the original funimation dub. Kai is a newer version meant to look nicer and is more kid friendly usually airing on saturday mornings. I understand that it does keep DBZ somewhat relevant and still make the company money, but other than that Kai shouldn't be mentioned along side the real DBZ. Doesn't even compare to the original.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, they do less of the long power up sequences and they also removed filler arcs that didn't appear in the original manga. (Gohan's wilderness training is cut down by like 3/4 iirc for example.)

Whenever they make an anime out of a still ongoing manga, they usually need to add filler in order to avoid getting ahead of the manga. A fight that might take an entire comic book to show might only take 10 minutes on TV, so they need to pad the **** out of it. DBZ is a particularly bad offender.

Kai basically cuts a lot of that down. When I bought the DVDs, I could have gone with Kai instead, but went with the original Funmation English dub.
Yea, I have all the original Funimation dubs as well. I started re-watching the Saiyan Saga this past week to prepare for the write-ups haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The roles have been assigned and the PMs will be sent out shortly
Old 04-14-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who's in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill guess 24 of thepeople that posted in here

Old 04-14-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game thread is up and running. Again Grizz and my apologies go out to all those who did not get in. The last 12 spots were completely random.