Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-16-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
krazyllc
Rookie

krazyllc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Trio of Arkansas WR's

I was looking for some opinions on what round the trio of Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, and Greg Childs will go in the draft? Which you think will turn out to be the best?
krazyllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If used correctly I think Joe Adams could be a star.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hold out hope that Wright is the next L. Coles. Only real issue with him is his tiny baby hands, but otherwise I really like this player.

Adams reminds me of Jeremy Kerley, a WR from TCU the Jets drafted last year. I think he's got more raw speed/explosiveness though but no numbers in front of me.

Both Wright and Adams should be gone by the 4th, maybe the 5th at the absolute latest.

Childs had some good workouts but still think he should be around in the 5-6 range. Lots of upside, but not a high floor IMO.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarius Wright has the potential to be the best. His burst trumps the other two, and while Adams may be a bit more shifty inside, Wright has superior ability to separate downfield.

Adams I like, reminds me a lot of Earl Bennett, but with KR ability. Similarly to what was said above, in the right system he could be a great target inside.

Childs, on the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of. 6th or 7th rounder at best, maybe he'll hang around as a #5 for a few years but not a real ton of long-term potential here.

Let me qualify all of the above by saying, like any prospect, their success all hinders on where they go, how they are coached, and how they are used in their respective systems.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Childs will make people regret passing on him. He's going to be a stud in a year or two.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Childs can stay healthy he could be a legit NFL receiver. He has all of the tools and has proven that he can produce, he just got banged up a lot in the last season and a half. Adams could be a huge pice to an NFL offense if he is brought into a situation where his abilities can be utilized properly, he has a lot of veratility and game breaking ability but he has his limitations too.

Wright has the ability to be a gamebreaker in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Mike Wallace coming out of Ole Miss, a little raw but the vertical ability he has gives him the chance to be a stud. Tyler Wilson losing these three and his coach really, really sucks for him.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see the Jarius Wright love....Along with Marvin Jones he's the reason I could not possibly care less about the non-Blackmon high WR picks....I usually am a bigger fan of guys like Floyd, but for some reason I'm not on that wagon.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Joe Adams a lot, and the most of these three.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the upside of Childs the most. The league loves size/speed guys.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Wright and Adams, but Wright for WR abilities and Adams for returning skills.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adams goes 2nd-3rd

Wright 4th-5th

Childs 4th-5th

I think Wright will have the best career

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Inspector71
Rookie

Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Childs has the ability if he stays healthy to be a steal in this draft. I think he gets picked MUCH earlier than people think.

Two years from now, people will wonder why he wasn't a 1st rounder.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=greg%...?v=LGa1bxNXWx0

Last edited by Inspector71 : 04-17-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Childs averaged 82.4 yards/game in 2010 and caught 6 TD's in 8 games as a Junior. He has number 1 WR potential. The other two don't.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If healthy then the answer is a no brainer - Childs. If his Combine medical was clear and he's able to get back to 100% then he can be in impact receiver. Having said that he didn't very little this past season and missed a game with tendonitis.

Adams and Wright both small - Adams small and slow (mid 4.5's). Both were shut down by Alabama and LSU which has prevented me from pushing them too high up my board. Wright very skilled against zone coverage (big games against Texas A&M and Vandy). Adams nice punt returner. They are fairly close together and I have both of them as day three picks.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I think a lot of people are missing with Childs is that knee injuries usually cost a player an entire year after they've "recovered." Very very few players come back even close to 80% in that first year. He should have stayed another year and porven he's a top 10 caliber player, again. Instead, he declared in a stacked class. . .

If I'm the Patriots, I don't let this guy out of the third.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Adams is as electric as any player in this draft, he'll be a weapon.

I remember being really impressed with Childs before the injury, I think he's got a ton of talent but he'll need to stay healthy if he wants to contribute in the NFL. But he's a really talented kid, I wouldn't be upset to see either of them on the Ravens come draft time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
What I think a lot of people are missing with Childs is that knee injuries usually cost a player an entire year after they've "recovered." Very very few players come back even close to 80% in that first year. He should have stayed another year and porven he's a top 10 caliber player, again. Instead, he declared in a stacked class. . .

If I'm the Patriots, I don't let this guy out of the third.
Childs didn't "declare", he's a true Senior. Although, I think you meant he should have medical redshirted his Senior year and come back next season.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Childs didn't "declare", he's a true Senior. Although, I think you meant he should have medical redshirted his Senior year and come back next season.
I must have missed a season because I was almost sure he was a junior coming out :/
Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Adams to the Lions!!!!! *sigh* I wish
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote