Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-19-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Colts Officially Tell Luck They're Drafting Him

This is a surprise to basically no one, but it seems about as official as it can get at this point.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-hes-the-pick/

So with the top 2 picks locked in place, what do the Vikings do?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Screw it up.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

way to ruin the suspense.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There shouldn't have been any suspense really. Short of a contractual thing i personally think it's a bit of a slap in the face to Luck that it took this long.

As for the question about the Rams basically being on the clock i would think they have to go Kalil or trade down, not sure there are any teams that want to give up what it would take to move up that high.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We are still figuring it out in the value of a LT thread

The Vikings will announce their decision once they sort through mine and Cmarq's jumbled ramblings. :P

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
There shouldn't have been any suspense really. Short of a contractual thing i personally think it's a bit of a slap in the face to Luck that it took this long.

As for the question about the Rams basically being on the clock i would think they have to go Kalil or trade down, not sure there are any teams that want to give up what it would take to move up that high.
Don't you mean the Vikings?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
We are still figuring it out in the value of a LT thread

The Vikings will announce their decision once they sort through mine and Cmarq's jumbled ramblings. :P
To me that question is already answered but some minds are made up. Hence my exit from that thread. I admire your tenacity though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To me that question is already answered but some minds are made up. Hence my exit from that thread. I admire your tenacity though.
I like to use words like tenacity, my girlfriend calls it "hard headed" "stubborn jackass" "irritating" and "your sleeping on the couch"

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

move to LA

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably go with the hometown kid, Matt Kalil.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Don't you mean the Vikings?
I did mean the Vikings, sorry about that. Probably would have said the same if it were the Rams.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats Andrew Luck, you goofy looking son of a gun.
You've got quite the arm.
Don't **** it up, buddy.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I like to use words like tenacity, my girlfriend calls it "hard headed" "stubborn jackass" "irritating" and "your sleeping on the couch"
Hahaha I get that too. Unfortunately unlike men vs. women one of us supposedly doesn't get to be right by default...

I have enjoyed our battles, both LT and Miami-OSU. Unfortunately, they both have distracted me from being even a little bit productive.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long will the Colts and Redskins take to still get their picks in?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...what will the Vikings do?
Take their full 15 minutes to protract the suspense & buzz over a trade, then take Kalil anyway.

Then someone will hold a sign saying WELCOME BACK TO LA, MATT!!

And Bombastic Boomer will guffaw for 5 minutes straight.....

The only real question left in picks 1 through 3 will be if Indy announces early they're retiring jersey no. 18.

Last edited by jojo : 04-19-2012 at 06:59 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest mistake ever taking Luck over Griffin. They will regret this decision once Luck becomes the next Matt Ryan.
papageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papageorgio View Post
Biggest mistake ever taking Luck over Griffin. They will regret this decision once Luck becomes the next Matt Ryan.
If Luck becomes Matt Ryan then Griffin becomes Seneca Wallace and the Colts regret nothing. See what I did there?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just confirms what we've known since he beat VT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
If Luck becomes Matt Ryan then Griffin becomes Seneca Wallace and the Colts regret nothing. See what I did there?
There is nothing Luck can do that Griffin cant do better. Luck will be the next Chad Pennington in the NFL.

average career with no pro bowls.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is nothing Luck can do that Griffin cant do better. Luck will be the next Chad Pennington in the NFL.

Nice to see you back with Griffin's nuts still in place on your chin.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:

Congrats, you've thrown in with Skip Bayless and pretty much no one else! What a great band wagon to jump on.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-20-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the end of the day, this was simply the right decision to make. Griffin has better upside than him, but Luck's upside is far better than given credit for, and he is far more prepared to step in and make a difference next year.

Furthermore, I tend to think that this is a pretty good situation that he is walking into. There haven't been many times in recent years where an organization drafts a QB first overall and doesn't add another piece or two in the draft. They already have one tackle in place, and perhaps 2 depending on how the new regime feels about Ijalana, and they have running back options (Brown/Carter/Evans). The receiving corps should be decent, although it does need a lead receiver. But keep in mind the type of WR's that Arians utilized in Pittsburgh and the type of offense he ran. It should be QB and WR friendly, and I wouldn't be surprised if Donnie Avery had a decent season.

If they can add another OL or two, and a TE (if Fleener falls to the early 2nd, I'd be surprised if they didn't gobble him up, and it wouldn't surprise me if they moved up for him), it's a decent group for Luck to start his career with.

RG3 is also going to walk into a good situation, so this may be a rare year where the top QB's all walk into solid looking situations.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/090...o-bowl-rosters

Quote:
Quarterback
*Michael Vick, Philadelphia
Matt Ryan, Atlanta
Drew Brees, New Orleans
You obviously made a mistake to leave Troll U early for the pros. You just weren't ready for the big time, yet. For your sake, hope you go back to get that degree young man.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Yet it will still take the whole 15mins before they announce Luck has been drafted.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/090...o-bowl-rosters

You obviously made a mistake to leave Troll U early for the pros. You just weren't ready for the big time, yet. For your sake, hope you go back to get that degree young man.
Matt Ryan is a bum plain and simple. Luck's best case scenario is Matt Ryan in my opinion which makes him not someone you take 1st overall.