Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Where Will Ryan Tannehill Go?
Top 5 4 7.14%
6-10 39 69.64%
10-15 10 17.86%
15-20 2 3.57%
20-25 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of people are still thinking of Tannehill as a raw prospect whose value is being inflated due to need, and so while they acknowledge he'll go high, projecting him in the 6-10 is just more conservative - we basically know by now he's going top-10. But with the QB wage scale and the demand for guys with Tannehill's upside, I think we're probably going to see a trade into the top-5 if Cleveland doesn't just take him.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinkin' top 12 some where in there. Teams need QBs. The guy has ability but he is super raw still. He only started for 1.5 seasons, 20 games! The guy will be a lot different player in 2 years. I hope that Miami snaps him up and Matt Moore can be a good stop gap for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll go between 4 and 8, with 11 being the floor. I'd be shocked if he slides any further than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
The guy has ability but he is super raw still. He only started for 1.5 seasons, 20 games! The guy will be a lot different player in 2 years. I hope that Miami snaps him up and Matt Moore can be a good stop gap for a year.
Yeah, he'll definitely benefit from sitting and learning for a year. I know the pressure for struggling teams to play top picks is high, so a situation like the Eagles on a trade up (if that rumor has any legs) would probably be ideal.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody always resorts to these vague terms like "raw" when talking about Ryan Tannehill. Can somebody expand? In what way is he "raw"? Because in terms of technical ability, he's more prepared for the next level than RGIII at this point IMO (and that doesn't mean that RGIII can't learn quickly).
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Everybody always resorts to these vague terms like "raw" when talking about Ryan Tannehill. Can somebody expand? In what way is he "raw"? Because in terms of technical ability, he's more prepared for the next level than RGIII at this point IMO (and that doesn't mean that RGIII can't learn quickly).
I agree with all of this.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post

What is 'technical ability'?? Going through read progressions??? Taking snaps from under center??

RGIII took 90% of his snaps from under center throughout HS. I doubt he's forgotten how to do it.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
What is 'technical ability'?? Going through read progressions??? Taking snaps from under center??

RGIII took 90% of his snaps from under center throughout HS. I doubt he's forgotten how to do it.
Right, and I'm sure that Griffin received the same level of coaching in high school that Tannehill did at Texas A&M from Mike Sherman.

Tannehill is more experienced taking snaps from center, his footwork when doing so is better because of it. He's more experienced with timing routes, anticipation throws and hot reads. Tannehill made throws that are more projectable to the next level with pro-style reads, routes and more difficult throws. And Tannehill had far more pre-snap responsibilities than Griffin did, he's more experienced adjusting the offense based on what he sees the defense giving him.

Last edited by Bixby (Thumper) : 04-20-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It makes sense for Tannehill to get picked up by the Dolphins. Isn't Mike Sherman their OC now? Yeah, that'd be a good fit for him. But still, I don't believe the kid is worth a first round pick. 5 years ago, in a sane man's league, he'd be a 3rd round guy. Talented, but has to be brought along as a Pro QB. Now, with the new rookie wage scale, someone snags this kid up in the top 10 on potential alone. And let's face it, that's what you're dealing with. You're assuming because of his studious nature and God-given physical prowess that he's going to be a good QB in the league. Which, fine, if you want to pass on all the other starters in the first round, go ahead.

This sort of thing happens every year, but it's getting more frequent with the QB position in the 1st round specifically. Tannehill is getting pushed up the boards by a perceived need at QB, as well as a result of his impressive combine/offseason routine. Then he'll get into the league, be forced into the starting role by week 6, and the same people defending his "potential," will be bashing him for his 6 TD/22 INT performance next year.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently there's been a change in the way the NFL evaluates QB prospects and how they're coached once they get to the league.
More than any position, actual performance in game situations was one of the most important factors in grading college QBs.
That's changed.

It used to be that college QBs were forced to fit into a specific pro system, but nowadays it appears that OCs are willing to tailor an offense around a young QB's skillset and build from there. Young QBs aren't expected to go from 0-100 in their first NFL series, or even season.

In hindsight I wonder how guys like JP Losman, Tim Couch and Kyle Boller would be graded and developed by NFL teams today. Could both these former QBs for example have been more successful early in their careers if an OC took the approach they were going to build an offense around their current skillset instead of requiring them to adapt to a system?

It's easy to project guys like Luck/RGIII/Barkley from game film. After that, if a guy doesn't look like a potential top flight NFL starter from a full season(s) of college football, the rest of these guys are spec IMO.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd overall.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll just keep saying it, but my feeling is some team is going to trade into the top-5 for him. Unless Cleveland picks him. Cleveland might even consider swapping picks with Minnesota.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'll just keep saying it, but my feeling is some team is going to trade into the top-5 for him. Unless Cleveland picks him. Cleveland might even consider swapping picks with Minnesota.
I voted 6-10, but I think you could be right. IF a team likes him enough to take him Top-10 -- if they really believe he's their guy -- then they like him enough to move up into the top-5.

I don't really like him that much, but I wouldn't be surprised if some team does.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Miami understands that if they want Tannehill at No. 8 that they are reaching. I think they've come to terms with that while at the same acknowledging that if somebody wants to jump them to get him that they aren't willing to trade picks to protect that interest. They would tip their hat to the team who took on even more risk than they feel comfortable with and move in another direction, perhaps looking at Blackmon/Floyd.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathman View Post
I think Miami understands that if they want Tannehill at No. 8 that they are reaching. I think they've come to terms with that while at the same acknowledging that if somebody wants to jump them to get him that they aren't willing to trade picks to protect that interest. They would tip their hat to the team who took on even more risk than they feel comfortable with and move in another direction, perhaps looking at Blackmon/Floyd.
Drafting a QB is almost always a reach. If one team doesnt, the next will.

I see 2 scenarios where Tannehill goes top 10, and not to Miami.

1) KC, Philly or another team trades to #7 to pick him. If the Chiefs do it, half the fans here will be making toasts, and the other half will be throwing bottles at their TV.

2) If no one trades in front of Miami, and Miami chooses to pass on him, then there could be a rush for the much cheaper Carolina pick.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So had Luck and Griffin returned to school for another year, where would he go? As the top QB, would he gotten pushed up to #1? Ignore the Peyton Manning factor.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:08 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
So had Luck and Griffin returned to school for another year, where would he go? As the top QB, would he gotten pushed up to #1? Ignore the Peyton Manning factor.
You can't ignore the Peyton Manning factor though. If they stayed at school, the Colts would of restructured Peytons contract to keep him a Colt and they would of been drafting Kalil.

I'd say Tannehill would of gone to the Redskins at their original pick at 6.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT would've still gone top 5 cause as the top QB teams would've been even more pressed to trade ahead of the Browns than they already are, and I expect RT to go #3 overall.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Tannehill isn't significantly better than the top prospects coming out next season, and I don't think any team looks at him as a franchise 'savior'.

Andrew Luck is expected to be the 2nd Coming in Indy.
RGIII is expected to bring another Lombardi to Redskins Park before his career is over.

No team IMO has that level of expectation for Tannehill. In fact, if I were a GM, I'd view Tannehill as a high-end developmental prospect who if he develops can be a quality starter in the league.

That's why I have a hard time believing any team is going to trade up into the top 5 to get him. Teams may view him as the 3rd best QB in this draft, but that's not the same as the 3rd most 'needed' QB in this class.

After Luck and RGIII, I don't think there is another QB in this class an NFL team feels will make or break their franchise if they don't draft him.

I think he's taken no higher than the eighth pick.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
RT would've still gone top 5 cause as the top QB teams would've been even more pressed to trade ahead of the Browns than they already are, and I expect RT to go #3 overall.
I just can't seem to agree with you on anything Rosebud! I think this guy slides down and might even be available for the Brownies at 22.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I just can't seem to agree with you on anything Rosebud! I think this guy slides down and might even be available for the Brownies at 22.
in years past when drafting a QB early in the 1st it cost your franchise so much money, i could see him falling like Rodgers or Quinn. with the rookie salary cap, your any given franchise is not handcuffed to a particular player. teams seem to be much more likely to use a 1st on a QB they like. now, i guess i only have a small sample size (last year), but it seemed like a buyers market for QBs last year. quite a few with low 1st early 2nd round graded jumped up the board when the bell rung.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
in years past when drafting a QB early in the 1st it cost your franchise so much money, i could see him falling like Rodgers or Quinn. with the rookie salary cap, your any given franchise is not handcuffed to a particular player. teams seem to be much more likely to use a 1st on a QB they like. now, i guess i only have a small sample size (last year), but it seemed like a buyers market for QBs last year. quite a few with low 1st early 2nd round graded jumped up the board when the bell rung.
Christian Ponder was the only real reach of the 1st round. Gabbert was projected top 10 by just about everyone. Even though he had a bad 1st year, people were still grading him among the top QB's in the draft. Some even had him above Cam Newton. Right up until a couple days prior to the draft, the Panthers were not a lock to take Cam #1 overall.

Financially though, it does make sense to grab that round 1 QB nowadays. But there's still, I'll say it again, the buyers regret of knowing you could've had a David DeCastro or Mark Barron.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabbert was a much bigger project in my eyes and as you say, was ranked highly in league circles. If he and Gabbert go top 12 in a deeper QB class, Tannehill, who's a better prospect than either of them both in terms of upside and where he's already at, will guy higher in a draft that is so thin at QB that mediocre and ancient Weedon is getting some first round murmurs and the 5'10" Russell Wilson might be the 4th best QB from this draft.

I think Bixby has really nailed it in this thread and don't really have much to say in favor of the kid that he hasn't already said. The ceiling, the flashes of greatness, the natural instincts to move in the pocket, the work ethic and intelligence, the ability to make tough throws, he'll need some time but I'm fully convinced he'll become a top 10 QB in his prime with just competent coaching and management.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-23-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
...with just competent coaching and management.
Does that happen in Miami or Cleveland?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I think Holmgren hasn't been bad for cleveland at all, that team was terrible when he took over and now at least has a defense. In Miami, I think Matt Moore's solid enough to keep Tannehill on the bench for a little while. Plus I'm going to wait to judge this regime, Philbin could be all he's cracked up to be and work wonders with Tannehill, a guy who has some experience playing with ****** team-mates, which would prove very useful while they rebuild the talent level of that team.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
You can't ignore the Peyton Manning factor though. If they stayed at school, the Colts would of restructured Peytons contract to keep him a Colt
Yes I can. This is a hypothetical situation. I know that's what would have happened. That's why I said to ignore it.

My question is, if Tannehill was the top QB in the class and the team picking 1st needed a QB, would he get pushed up to first overall simply for being the top QB? I'm already hypothetically saying that Luck and Griffin aren't in the draft, so hypothetically ignoring Manning on top of that shouldn't be an issue..
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote