Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-28-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to remember that most of these picks were for depth. There is a lot of talent on this team, and these guys are going to have to work really hard to see some playing time this year.

The one guy I see making an immediate impact is James
Old 04-28-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Hill might have the bigger upside, but Jenkins will be able to contribute faster.
I didn't like the Jenkins pick but he was probably still my favorite pick, I thought we had a substandard draft.
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

I think everybody in the division gained a little ground on us this weekend
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest reach of the 1st round: AJ vs Irvin?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Biggest reach of the 1st round: AJ vs Irvin?
I may have to go with AJ
Old 04-28-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart View Post
I may have to go with AJ
I agree, are we the Raiders of the 2012 draft? lol

I think AJ was the reach of the 1st round by default however, there was no other real reaches other than Irvin and I think I would take Irvin over Jenkins.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Because Hill and Fleener were on the board!
That doesn't make it a reach, it just means you don't like the pick. It's a "reach" if he was picked long before anyone else would've taken him. The Rams rumor seems solid, so I wouldn't say he's a reach.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I may have to go with AJ
Lol atleast A.J. actually started in college get real dude.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides that he is THE guy Harbaalke targetted so lets trust them for not going with the hype surrounding Hill. Jenkins may not have the huge upside like Hill but at this moment he is a lot more polished. Besides that they obviously had their 22 starters like they wanted and did go for usefull players in the weakest area.

Overal must say i think they did a good job and i am curious to see which udfa Will be signed.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
That doesn't make it a reach, it just means you don't like the pick. It's a "reach" if he was picked long before anyone else would've taken him. The Rams rumor seems solid, so I wouldn't say he's a reach.
So if two teams wanted to draft Streeter in the 1st round then it wouldn't have been a reach if we picked him @ #30?? Great logic. A reach is a reach if you pick him long before he SHOULD be picked. I don't give a sh!% what STL thinks.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So if two teams wanted to draft Streeter in the 1st round then it wouldn't have been a reach if we picked him @ #30?? Great logic. A reach is a reach if you pick him long before he SHOULD be picked. I don't give a sh!% what STL thinks.
That's not what he meant the point was Jenkins was a lot more highly rated among NFL teams.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Lol atleast A.J. actually started in college get real dude.
This is what I love, if any other team took a WR we all had going in the late 2nd-4th round you would most likely agree that it was a reach. But so many people are ignorant homers that they automatically assign more value to somebody for the sole reason that he is now on your team.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

I'm more upset about all the guys we passed up in the 3rd-5th rounds....my god!!!!!!!1
Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
LOL good point.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
This is what I love, if any other team took a WR we all had going in the late 2nd-4th round you would most likely agree that it was a reach. But so many people are ignorant homers that they automatically assign more value to somebody for the sole reason that he is now on your team.
Fans of every team do this except on the east coast where they do the opposite..lol
Old 04-28-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I missed the part where I said anything about that I guess. Irvin was 3X the reach Jenkins was don't kid yourself.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

I think the 1st two picks were reasonable but what happened in the third..lol we basically gave up this years 3rd for next years third...lol WTF?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
I missed the part where I said anything about that I guess. Irvin was 3X the reach Jenkins was don't kid yourself.
Not sure about that most had Irvin going before Jenkins this year...it's close as far as reaches go I think..
Old 04-28-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Man I'm going to be really watching Hill and Fleener, I don't know about the rest of you....I like Jenkins also but man......
Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get real before THE draft began Baalke did write Jenkins name and put it in an envelope saying that is the Guy. If you like Guy you take him. Jenkins was early to mid second rounder and got picked bottom first not really reach seeing that that group was pretty big from guys who could go in that range. Also there if you look at what they did instead of looking who they did not pick you see they filled all holes. We have enough corners and d-linemen and only needed some explosive guys on offense(Jenkins and James) o-line depth (Looney and Slowey) a pass Rushing OLB behind our good trio of OLB's and a safety behind the obvious starters.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Not sure about that most had Irvin going before Jenkins this year...it's close as far as reaches go I think..
Way more people had Irvin going 1st so how is he a bigger reach??
Old 04-28-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Get real before THE draft began Baalke did write Jenkins name and put it in an envelope saying that is the Guy. If you like Guy you take him. Jenkins was early to mid second rounder and got picked bottom first not really reach seeing that that group was pretty big from guys who could go in that range. Also there if you look at what they did instead of looking who they did not pick you see they filled all holes. We have enough corners and d-linemen and only needed some explosive guys on offense(Jenkins and James) o-line depth (Looney and Slowey) a pass Rushing OLB behind our good trio of OLB's and a safety behind the obvious starters.
So it's not a reach because his name was in an envelope the night before? I don't care if Baalke wrote Santa Claus a letter at Christmas asking for Jenkins, it's still a reach.

PS. Whats up with your "a"? Backwards with an accent? Pretty fancy...
Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
So it's not a reach because his name was in an envelope the night before? I don't care if Baalke wrote Santa Claus a letter at Christmas asking for Jenkins, it's still a reach.

PS. Whats up with your "a"? Backwards with an accent? Pretty fancy...
This is CLASSIC. Well done Shupp, I don't agree but well done! LMAO.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ran a 4.52 at the combine, a little different than 4.33
Yea, I just realized the site I got his numbers from flip-flopped his and Josh Robinson's numbers. May not be the elite athlete I thought he was but still heck of a talent who's tape is where my excitement for him comes.

And I hate when ppl start judging a draft haul, hours after its over. So if you judge last year's draft on paper, we should have never been 13-3 right? C'mon ppl, its getting old. I like the talent we've added. Do I like all the picks? Not even. It wasn't sexy but it was a effective draft. And most importantly, I trust the man running it. Lets see what ppl have to say about this draft 8 months from now.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, they obviously wanted Jenkins. That is undeniable. He wouldn't have been there at #61, so they could have:

a) taken him at pick 30 or
b) traded picks to move up from pick 61

Which would you have preferred?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote