Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-28-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
What do you think the James pick means for Kendall?? How do you give them both carries? Don't tell me they are thinking of parting with Gore....
I think that both James and Hunter will split the playing time with Gore to give the Niners a three headed monster at RB and I could see any combination of the three in the same offensive play. I mainly think that drafting James is so they can let Gore go after 2012 and go more fast paced and up tempo style of offense especially once Kaepernick takes over.

I also think that the carries will be even at 33.3%. Have to limit Gore's carries so he can be more effective in goal line situations and so he'll be fresh and rested in December and January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart View Post
I also think James poses more of a threat to Kendall which I don't fully understand. This is the reason I did not like the James pick. I do think James is an upgrade don't get me wrong but I really like Kendall.
I like Hunter too but I view the James pick not as a threat to Hunter but as a change in direction at RB in the future. I think that Harbaugh wants to go in a more fast paced up tempo style once Gore is done. Also, James could be a Sproles type player which would be great for our offense. I'll be shocked if Gore, Hunter/James arent the top three RB's come September.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

[quote=dan77733;2977321 I mainly think that drafting James is so they can let Gore go after 2012 and go more fast paced and up tempo style of offense especially once Kaepernick takes over.
[/QUOTE]

Very sad to think of us letting Gore go but it will need to be done if not in 2012 then in 2013. Kendall and James though, I don't know I guess they will have to add a 3rd back a la New Orleans after Gore is gone to give a more physical, up the middle presence. Kind of why I wanted Robert Turbin...

Last edited by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart : 04-29-2012 at 12:09 AM.
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if it's grandiose to say all the other teams in our division added more to their teams than we did,it's not necessarily true but it's certainly not unreasonable to say so. I would tend to agree if I had to give a yes/no answer. Or is that too negative for this cheerleader forum?
LOL, and how do you know this? Because they won your 'Paper Mock Draft 2012'? Last I checked, not one person drafted these last 3 days has played a snap of NFL football. And that ultimately determines who got better and who didn't. So you and your friend can keep playin the "rebel" card as the lone voices against a band of followers. Whatever helps you sleep better at night. But seeing as the rest of the division had much more ground to make up on us than we did on them, I fail to see how that statement means much at all if it were true. We had fewer holes to fill and one draft is going to make or break this team, for better or for worst when the core is well intact and primed for a run at a SB. Suprise such a independent thinker would have pinned all our hopes and dreams as team on 7 draft picks, half of whom probabaly wont even sniff the 53.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-29-2012 at 12:11 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
To anyone relatively new posting in here, this is not 49erswebzone or 49ers.com message boards. We are a little bit more knowledgable and know what is going on. Most everyone's posts are well thought out and concise, so please don't bring any of that crap in here.

Thank you
Well said Ed. Cool it with the personal attacks guys.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't mean to single anyone out, or sound like a jerk, I was just tired of seeing all of the negative posts for no reason.

Like I said earlier, this team is really good, so a rookie is going to have a hard time seeing the field. So a lot of them are depth/developmental.

Here are my thoughts on the picks:

AJ Jenkins - Can develop into a Victor Cruz type of player with break away speed, and can help this team's abysmal 3rd down offense.

LaMichael James - Can develop into a Darren Sproles type of player. When he gets the ball in space, he is gone. Can come in right away and contribute on special teams as a returner.

Joe Looney - I am presuming that Kilgore wins the RG job. Like every NFL team, you suit up 7 players, Boone is the swing tackle, and Looney will be competing with Person to be the other guy that suits up on Sundays.

Darius Fleming - Comes in and is on every special teams. I see him and Cam Johnson competing to be the situational pass-rusher. Can develop into a rotational guy.

Trenton Robinson - Comes in day one and is a good special teams player. May see time in dime packages and could develop in a starting FS.

Jason Slowey - developmental interior lineman who can be the center of the future.

Cam Johnson - By ALL accounts a big steal. Will compete to be a third down pass-rusher and will contribute on special teams so he can suit up on gamedays. Kinda Reminds me of Brooks (besides the fact they both went to Virginia)

I think the guy that we see immediate impact from is James; either as a returner, or breaking off some big plays throughout the season.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the class as of now. Just like last year, they may surprise us all and make a greater impact than we thought. Also, that 3rd round pick turned into 5 different picks including a 3rd next year! Baalke FTW

Side note: Tony Montana Squad is going to be even BETTER this year!!!

Last edited by edgrenade : 04-29-2012 at 12:19 AM.
edgrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I think that both James and Hunter will split the playing time with Gore to give the Niners a three headed monster at RB and I could see any combination of the three in the same offensive play. I mainly think that drafting James is so they can let Gore go after 2012 and go more fast paced and up tempo style of offense especially once Kaepernick takes over.

I also think that the carries will be even at 33.3%. Have to limit Gore's carries so he can be more effective in goal line situations and so he'll be fresh and rested in December and January.

I like Hunter too but I view the James pick not as a threat to Hunter but as a change in direction at RB in the future. I think that Harbaugh wants to go in a more fast paced up tempo style once Gore is done. Also, James could be a Sproles type player which would be great for our offense. I'll be shocked if Gore, Hunter/James arent the top three RB's come September.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Well said Ed. Cool it with the personal attacks guys.
Excuse me the personal attacks DID NOT come from anyone new. So no, not well said. It would be well said if it were addressed to the people that were conducting the attacks.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
LOL, and how do you know this? Because they won your 'Paper Mock Draft 2012'? Last I checked, not one person drafted these last 3 days has played a snap of NFL football. And that ultimately determines who got better and who didn't. So you and your friend can keep playin the "rebel" card as the lone voices against a band of followers. Whatever helps you sleep better at night. But seeing as the rest of the division had much more ground to make up on us than we did on them, I fail to see how that statement means much at all if it were true. We had fewer holes to fill and one draft is going to make or break this team, for better or for worst when the core is well intact and primed for a run at a SB. Suprise such a independent thinker would have pinned all our hopes and dreams as team on 7 draft picks, half of whom probabaly wont even sniff the 53.
I don't "know" this. That's why I qualified it by saying that it is not necessarily true and I never inferred that all of my hopes laid in the draft. Only that during these 3 days that we lost a little of the gap that we have between us and the other 3 teams in our division. That shouldn't be too shocking, after all that is what the draft is designed to do to some extent. The worse teams did pick before us after all. And yes this is my opinion, I am not stating it as fact, I guess I will need to add this disclaimer to each post...lol you guys have some characters here that's for sure.

Last edited by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart : 04-29-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Concise and "Knowledgable"...LOL....from what I can tell if you don't want to hug Baalke around the knees every time he drafts, you get rude personal attacks in return. Yeah very concise and knowledgeable indeed...

EDIT: That was unnecessary Shupp
Rude person attacks? Sorry, maybe I missed those post but all I see is football being debated, as you so asked a couple of pages back, am I right? But I guess all us "yes men" who "follow Baalke blindly" should try better to make every poster who comes here reeking of negativity, feel more welcomed. Got'cha.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and at the end of the day, aren't we all cheerleaders?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Rude person attacks? Sorry, maybe I missed those post but all I see is football being debated, as you so asked a couple of pages back, am I right? But I guess all us "yes men" who "follow Baalke blindly" should try better to make every poster who comes here reeking of negativity, feel more welcomed. Got'cha.
No, I never would accuse you of making a new poster feel welcomed..lol
Old 04-29-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so fault us for supporting the opinion of a professional instead of an opinion from a message board

there seems to be this notion that we needed to find a game changer in the draft. is it too far fetched to think that, at our current position in the first round, we were just trying to find contributors? because if you didn't notice from last season, we are pretty darn good already.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
and at the end of the day, aren't we all cheerleaders?
During the games definitely!! Not really a sheep when it comes to offseason personal moves though. We all have favorite players that we want, right?! Alright I'm sick of the debate I assumed I could state my dissatisfaction with the draft without having to defend myself for 4 pages.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Excuse me the personal attacks DID NOT come from anyone new. So no, not well said. It would be well said if it were addressed to the people that were conducting the attacks.
That was a warning addressed to everyone. Had nothing to do with how long anyone has been here.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
To anyone relatively new posting in here, this is not 49erswebzone or 49ers.com message boards. We are a little bit more knowledgable and know what is going on. Most everyone's posts are well thought out and concise, so please don't bring any of that crap in here.

Thank you
Not sure this is addressed to everyone...
Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
During the games definitely!! Not really a sheep when it comes to offseason personal moves though. We all have favorite players that we want, right?! Alright I'm sick of the debate I assumed I could state my dissatisfaction with the draft without having to defend myself for 4 pages.
well like i said earlier, stating your dissatisfaction is fine. we all do it season or offseason but, doing it over and over again gets on peoples nerves. if you look around a lot of us have been around here for a while and theres been plenty of negativity over the years.. but, coming off of a year that we just had, its just annoying.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Had nothing to do with how long anyone has been here.

daggum whippersnappers!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Man, can you just move on please?

Talk about the draft in this thread
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

daggum whippersnappers!
Yeah, get off CJ's lawn.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
well like i said earlier, stating your dissatisfaction is fine. we all do it season or offseason but, doing it over and over again gets on peoples nerves. if you look around a lot of us have been around here for a while and theres been plenty of negativity over the years.. but, coming off of a year that we just had, its just annoying.
Yeah this was all said earlier lol, damn this has gone way too long I think we can all agree, nobody ever wants to let the other person have the last word though.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Funny how you got blamed for it....lol
Old 04-29-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Man, can you just move on please?

Talk about the draft in this thread
geez, nobody ever said that to the, "elder statesman" earlier when all they did was criticize our opinions for two pages staright.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, get off CJ's lawn.
Upon review, it seems you and I are the two most tenured of the active Niners fans, so someone has to play the "old man" card.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

lets just be happy that we're not the raiders

Old 04-29-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

anyway, Cam Johnson! Badass upside. Could compete with Amad Brooks on 3rd down for the edge rusher opposite Aldon. Can't wait to watch some more video on this kid.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

honestly i dont know much about cam johnson. from what mcshay says his film doesn't match up with the workout numbers and i thought i seen someone say he has sickle cell which could get pretty serious if not handled properly