Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Yeah, I agree.
maybe pistol pete will leave irvin on field in obvious run situations so a pulling iupati can pancake his a$$
Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year I was not excited but I wasn't disappointed, this year I am.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so i guess our WR battle will be interesting.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeez guys. It's not that bad. I had Jenkins going 38th overall. It isn't like we took a kicker or something.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Last year I was not excited but I wasn't disappointed, this year I am.
Does the fact the Seahawks reached for a strictly 4-3 sub package player excite you?

Or that the Rams did not do Bradford and Jackson any favors by passing on DeCastro?

Got to look at the glass as half full as opposed to half empty.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Jeez guys. It's not that bad. I had Jenkins going 38th overall. It isn't like we took a kicker or something.
what did you say about janikowski?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd also like to say all the rumors for SF were completely wrong. All the "we like Hill/Solatalu/Fleener/etc" turned out to be wrong. The Irvin rumor was legit but that came out today or yesterday. Another pick nobody saw coming. Guess most of us got fooled again.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to assume that the Niners scouting department is smarter than any "draftnik" on this. Welcome to the team, AJ.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Does the fact the Seahawks reached for a strictly 4-3 sub package player excite you?

Or that the Rams did not do Bradford and Jackson any favors by passing on DeCastro?

Got to look at the glass as half full as opposed to half empty.
This. Although, I'm a huge Floyd lover (I stated that I liked him better than AJ Green, and Julio Jones before he went back to school lol)

The Rams suck. I don't care what they do. I know they'd pass on DeCastro. I just wish we could have traded up for him. Too bad.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
what did you say about janikowski?
I said nothing! I was too busy laughing uncontrollably

Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The closer it got to our pick I kept telling myself it will be Glenn or possibly Hill. I had already talked myself out of it being Fleener, I just wasnt feeling it. Then when it got to us I told myself that it was going to be a player I wasnt even thinking of and I'm going to have to be ok with it. A.J. Jenkins. lol. As others have said going off of last years draft we have to trust Baalke and Harbaugh. We owe them that.

I'm going to watch film of A.J. Jenkins now.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the lust for Fleener and the guy doesn't even get drafted in round 1. Gotta love the irony. Im happy with Jenkins. Suprised they had him rated over Hill but I said in the other draft thread I didnt understand why Jenkins wasnt been talked about more. I trust Baalke's board, hasn't steered us wrong yet. Im just glad it was WR. Now we have the rest of the draft to complete the carnage. Love the Cards and 'Hawks picks. Dont think they got the players they needed to make them better as a whole. Can't wait to see what Baalke has in store for the rest of the draft. WR comp is going to be a beauty to watch.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-26-2012 at 10:27 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone make a "hipster baalke" meme?

Coby Fleener? Too mainstream.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I'd also like to say all the rumors for SF were completely wrong. All the "we like Hill/Solatalu/Fleener/etc" turned out to be wrong. The Irvin rumor was legit but that came out today or yesterday. Another pick nobody saw coming. Guess most of us got fooled again.
I would be shocked if the Niners tipped their cards to anyone. Also, need I remind everyone:

Old 04-26-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched the one of only two videos of Jenkins on youtube against Northwestern. You guys are going to call me crazy and nuts but watching him run his routes and the way he catches the ball, he reminds me of Jerry Rice.

I will say this, the guy seems to have good route running ability and awesome hands. I guess we can say goodbye to Swain (which was already expected at some point) and Kyle Williams. Dont know about others here but I would keep six receivers on the roster. Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Jenkins, Williams and Ginn.

Draft wise, I dont see Hill or Fleener dropping close enough to get either and wouldnt matter since I dont see either one of them getting drafted by us. I'm hoping we can get either Boykin or Silatolu. I'll be happy then.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two tidbits from Harbaugh's presser:

- Baalke wrote Jenkins name down last night and put it in the envelope.
- 49ers almost made trade with Vikings. Would have taken Jenkins in round 2 if that trade had happened.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
so much awesome.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Maybe we trade up for Silatolu now?

Nah, screw that! It's Boykin time.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Maybe we trade up for Silatolu now?

Nah, screw that! It's Boykin time.
Boykin would be a really nice pick up.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...t-stock-rising
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Quote:
Kiper has Jenkins going to Jacksonville at No. 38 in his latest mock draft.
Exactly where I had him as well. Obviously, they researched the WRs and they liked Jenkins as the best fit for our offense. If you watch that youtube clip, he gets deep based off of play action, exactly like the 9ers offense. I was envisioning him doing that in red and gold and it was glorious.

OK, enough homerism. He's still a rookie WR and it's completely a guess whether he will materialize into a stud or not.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He fits exactly what the offense needs.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
he gets deep based off of play action, exactly like the 9ers offense. I was envisioning him doing that in red and gold and it was glorious.

OK, enough homerism.

I could make these all weekend.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I could make these all weekend.
Please do. Please.

Please.