Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yes he had a great season. But if you put it into context, the guy threw the ball 663 times, which lead the league...and his average per pass attempt was 7.6. That average is alright, but in this day and age it's not anything special. With the amount of times he passed the ball it would have been a shock if he didn't throw for over 5,000 yards.
And Cutler's was 7.39 before he got hurt, lol. Stafford had no running game, the defense knew what was coming.

Jay Cutler puts up worse stats, has a lower ceiling, and gets injured just as much but somehow he is better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
And Cutler's was 7.39 before he got hurt, lol. Stafford had no running game, the defense knew what was coming.

Jay Cutler puts up worse stats, has a lower ceiling, and gets injured just as much but somehow he is better.

I was never talking about Cutler.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throwing more times isn't always a good thing. The fact that Stafford had such success throwing that many times, which was really too many, is a positive, not a negative.

Anyway, to get back on topic, it's the NFC south, no matter who wins the division, no one should really be shocked, and calling one team to win or lose the division isn't really a bold statement. The one thing you can count on in the NFC South is the Falcons not winning the Super Bowl :)
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
The one thing you can count on in the NFC South is the Falcons not winning the Super Bowl :)
That's ice cold man, ice cold.

Let's, hypothetically, say that Carolina added Michael Floyd, Devon Still, Mychael Kendricks, and Chase Minnifield. Would that be enough to put them into the playoffs?
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
That's ice cold man, ice cold.

Let's, hypothetically, say that Carolina added Michael Floyd, Devon Still, Mychael Kendricks, and Chase Minnifield. Would that be enough to put them into the playoffs?
That defense would still be pathetically bad. The DL would still suck and the secondary would still be weak.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I had access to a video of all of Stafford's throws in 2011. His job description is to throw it to Calvin Johnson or to throw to the guy that's wide open because Calvin Johnson is dictating so much freaking coverage because he's by far the best WR in the league. Stafford is good and can sling it from the pocket better than anyone in the league, but I would not trade Cutler for him in 2012. I'm glad there are others that can see that.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:41 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I wish I had access to a video of all of Stafford's throws in 2011. His job description is to throw it to Calvin Johnson or to throw to the guy that's wide open because Calvin Johnson is dictating so much freaking coverage because he's by far the best WR in the league. Stafford is good and can sling it from the pocket better than anyone in the league, but I would not trade Cutler for him in 2012. I'm glad there are others that can see that.
As a Lions fan, I did watch Matty Stafford in all 17 games this year. I won't go as far as to say he's at the same caliber as CJ. I will go as far as to say he's the best QB the Detroit Lions have ever had. You can watch his placement for 60 minutes and know that.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
This is pretty blatantly untrue. On a highlight video people put all the bombs on there, but you're pretty much delusional if you think what you said above is really true.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
This is pretty blatantly untrue. On a highlight video people put all the bombs on there, but you're pretty much delusional if you think what you said above is really true.
It's an exaggeration, but it's more true for him than it is for any other QB in the league. I'm not saying Stafford is a bad or even an average QB. I'd probably rank him 8th or 9th or so - he is a very good QB. I've seen plenty of Lions games. He throws an absolutely beautiful ball and does fit it into tight areas against good coverage. I just don't think his job is as difficult as other QB's. And if there were a video of all of his throws (...not a highlight video), I think people would realize that Calvin Johnson makes his job a lot less complex than Jay Cutler's, for example.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Stafford's progression:

1. Is Calvin Johnson wide open? If yes, chuck it in his general direction. He'll get his hands on it. If no, go to #2.

2. Is Calvin Johnson only covered by one guy? If yes, chuck it in his general direction. He'll get his hands on it. If no, go to #3.

3. Is Calvin Johnson only covered by two guys? If yes, chuck it in his general direction. He'll get his hands on it. If no, go to #4.

4. Is Calvin Johnson covered by three guys? If yes, throw it to one of the 2-3 uncovered receivers.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was gonna come in here and talk **** about u not going out on that much of a limb cuz I don't see the Panthers winning the division as that much of a limb, but the fact u added run away with with a 12-4 record and a first round bye, I will not talk this ****.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I disagree. His team went 6-10, and the only win they had vs a winning team was vs the Texans minus Schaub. It's great that he had nice stats, but passing stats were up around the NFL. It's no coincidence that multiple single season passing and receiving records were broken in 2011.

You need to go back and check and see how many games Carolina had a lead in the 4th quarter and their defense caved. The Panthers easily could have been a 9 win team last season if their defense was more talented, which is why I don't think there's any chance they win 12 games in 2012 in the NFCS.

There aren't that many candidates for 'best rookie season ever' for a QB. Forget passing for 4K, 60% completions and 21 TD passes. Add to that Cam rushed for 14 TDs(!).

There's nothing to disagree with because there's no debate.

The only people who question how incredible Cam's rookie season was in a labor negotiation shortened season (for a guy who started ONE SEASON at Auburn in the spread option), are those who are still rooting for him to bust.

THe Panthers need upgrades at every level of their D; DT/LB/secondary. IMO they're at least one more offseason away before they can leapfrog the Bucs and Falcons as the 2nd best team in the division.

I don't see Cam regressing.
Maybe he doesn't pass for 4K, but I expect more TD passes, a higher completion percentage and IMO Newton can rush for 10+ TDs in a 16 game season anytime he wants.

As for the secondary thread topic, how can you not respect Cutler's game after watching him play last season?? I like the speed of Knox and Hester, but even as a SKins fan I don't look at that WR corps with envy. And Cutler got BLOWN UP on so many plays last year and still came back to the huddle and threw strikes to a bunch of slot and backup WR talent. Adding Brandon Marshall to that unit could be genius if he doesn't implode.

I became a closet Lions fan last season, and believe that Stafford AND Megatron are both great talents who happen to be on the same roster.

But if you put Cutler on the Lions he would have had very similar stats to Stafford IMO. However you put Stafford on the Bears I don't think he would have finished the season. Cutler's a better athlete, more mobile, and the guy just takes bigger hits than any QB in the league and still plays at a high level.

The NFCN, if not the best division in football, is at least the most competitive.
No division has the caliber of QBs of Rodgers/Stafford/Cutler.

And I laugh at Cowboys fans talking about making the playoffs is overrated.
THe NFL isn't the NBA. Making the playoffs in the NFL is still a big deal.
The only other team that's done less with more is the Chargers.