Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-23-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I've never been to NYC, so I figure I'll kill two birds with one stone and plan a draft-week vacation someday. I'll wait until the Packers suck, and have some high picks.
The year I went the Lions picked Roy Williams and Kevin Jones. I went to the Roy Williams presser while the first day was still being worked out. Afterward, my former cohort and I went to the media dinner. We sat in the MSG executive lounge and ate at the same table Springsteen sat at after a performance. It's one of the highlights of my entire life.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got class that ends at 730, so i'll be back in time and i think my room mates are going to the bars and watching so I'm going to get a 6 pack, a sub and have my laptop up and just enjoy it from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just found out that my wife wants to go to a concert on Friday night so I might have to miss the second day. I'm not entirely happy about it. It's an outdoor concert, so I was hoping weather might be an issue, but it looks like it will be clear skies and temperatures in the 70s. Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I just found out that my wife wants to go to a concert on Friday night so I might have to miss the second day. I'm not entirely happy about it. It's an outdoor concert, so I was hoping weather might be an issue, but it looks like it will be clear skies and temperatures in the 70s. Damn.
This is when you overrule the wife.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't be able to see 1 pick....I am in a wedding party that is from Thurs-Sun which really sucks...I will DVR but it will have to be ESPN and not NFLN because Comcast sucks even more (half my HD channels are not coming in) Not sure if I can hold out till Monday to watch this thing, but I dont want to ruin watching the draft
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stocked up on liquor for shot draft
Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
That is false. Every avid draft fan should go at least once, its a great experience. Going once is all you need though, its not worth it after that.
Agreed. It's lots of fun. I went to the 2009 draft with two of my brothers and dad. We had media passes so the wait wasn't too bad. The uproar when the Jets traded up for Mark Sanchez was crazy. I was also technically in the movie "The Blindside" as they showed the crowd as Michael Oher got drafted in the film. Got pictures with Roger Goodell and Chris Berman and saw Vince Young and Donovan McNabb's moms just chilling. During Round Two I was practically sitting directly next to Chris Mortensen and we were talking draft rumors and possible trade-ups during his breaks on set. All in all it was a great experience, we ended up staying until Round Five. If you stay until the end of the draft you get free tickets for the next year.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having a couple of friends over. Cooking up a couple of nice steaks, fill the freezer up with beer, play Madden or Tiger Woods on PS3, discuss mock drafts and all that stuff. Over here it kicks of at about 2 am, and isnt finished till about 6 in the morning. We´re doing the mandatory Drinking-shots-when-we-miss-picks-in-our-mocks, so I expect to be starkraving drunk when my Ravens are on the clock... Just another year in the life of a draftnik :-D
SunTzu_22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I've been working my ass off lately, so I took vacation to be off the rest of the week and Monday just to soak it all up. Thursday and Friday night just watch it at home. Order wing stop, heat up a diorgiono pizza, get a ton of bud light platinum, and hope the site isn't crashing.

Saturday I'm going to bbq and cook out because it's still my official draft day. So I have a ton of meat to put out, let the dog run around outside, and start drinking as early as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Startin the boozing right after PTI is finished... gives me two hours to be ready for the draft.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

^^PTI and Around the Horn will not be aired tomorrow, instead they will be pre-draft programming. As for me I will probably be at a bar or somewhere and checking the picks on my cellphone.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stuck recording the draft because I won't be home until at least 10. Plan on not following the draft at all on my phone, want to watch the whole thing.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Draft drinking game: Finish a beer before each pick is announced.

And then see if I remember who the Lions took the next morning.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Working 3rd shift the next three days. **** me. Going to watch it off DVR and then get on the internet and read the reactions.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Where will you be watching the draft? alone or with people? What kinda food?

Me.....Probably just going to watch all three days of it at my house, by myself. I took a weeks vacation from work for this event. Had to make some stupid excuse so I said I was going to Chicago for a Cards/Cubs game....You know didn't want to seem like a nerd. As for food, probably order a pizza or eat some pizza rolls.

Last year we partyed the night before the 3rd day started, I got up and started watching it, my best friend (who knows I watch the draft, I told him multiple times) was like dude...and I forgot what he wanted to do, I think go to the Cards game....I was like man the draft dude.....he's like man it's the 4th round come on.........He doesn't understand.

Oh and yeah, I'll probably watch it on espn. Every year I say I'll switch to NFL Network, but every year I end up watching it on espn.
I told my boss a high school friend was coming into town so I could take Friday off to watch. Loved your comment about your friend not understanding you watching the 4th round. If you're not a draft fan, you just don't get it.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:57 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Where will you be watching the draft? alone or with people? What kinda food?

Me.....Probably just going to watch all three days of it at my house, by myself. I took a weeks vacation from work for this event. Had to make some stupid excuse so I said I was going to Chicago for a Cards/Cubs game....You know didn't want to seem like a nerd. As for food, probably order a pizza or eat some pizza rolls.

Last year we partyed the night before the 3rd day started, I got up and started watching it, my best friend (who knows I watch the draft, I told him multiple times) was like dude...and I forgot what he wanted to do, I think go to the Cards game....I was like man the draft dude.....he's like man it's the 4th round come on.........He doesn't understand.

Oh and yeah, I'll probably watch it on espn. Every year I say I'll switch to NFL Network, but every year I end up watching it on espn.
I work with a bunch of football guys at Children's Hospital. Mostly Seahawk fans (I live in Seattle), one Lion fan, one Patriot, one Cardinal and me. I have been talking about prospects for the last three months. I put in for the next 4 days off back in January.

My boss actually had the nerve to try to tell me he might not be able to give me this little mini-vacation because a woman I work with asked for Thursday off for her birthday. Coincidentally, it was the same woman who requested Super Bowl weekend off, not because she was watching the game, but because she "didn't want to come to work just so all the guys could watch some stupid ******* game." Needless to say, I got stuck working the Super Bowl and there was no way I was gonna miss the draft too.

Funny thing is, when I plead my case to the boss and explained why I had put in for the time off, his immediate reply was, "Well, I would say you have the first choice on the waiver wire." Needless to say, I'm glad he's a fan, even if his team is the Seahawks.

Therefore, I will be parked in front of my computer streaming it live from NFL.com, eating pizza from this joint up the street called Romios and enjoying my Football Christmas...all by myself. I might go to my dad's on Saturday for the final day and catch him up on everything he missed. Oh, life is good right now:-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:00 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
NFL Draft drinking game: Finish a beer before each pick is announced.

And then see if I remember who the Lions took the next morning.
Matt Millen did this, but he had to slam pint glasses full of tequila as the Lions often drafted early.

"Woah man, I took a receiver? Sounds like a hell of a party"
Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Agreed. It's lots of fun. I went to the 2009 draft with two of my brothers and dad. We had media passes so the wait wasn't too bad. The uproar when the Jets traded up for Mark Sanchez was crazy. I was also technically in the movie "The Blindside" as they showed the crowd as Michael Oher got drafted in the film. Got pictures with Roger Goodell and Chris Berman and saw Vince Young and Donovan McNabb's moms just chilling. During Round Two I was practically sitting directly next to Chris Mortensen and we were talking draft rumors and possible trade-ups during his breaks on set. All in all it was a great experience, we ended up staying until Round Five. If you stay until the end of the draft you get free tickets for the next year.
That sounds like a great time! I have always wanted to go.

Are the tickets hard to get? I have never really looked into it. How much were they?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there's anyone that wants me to text them their teams picks as they happen, PM me. I'd be happy to do that.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's on the board today for Rd./ 1? This guy will be.

Those of you with NFL Network, pls. share whatever th they said :-J
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Who's on the board today for Rd./ 1? This guy will be.

Those of you with NFL Network, pls. share whatever th they said :-J
Me too Jojo. I have to take my girl out to dinner at 5:30pm. It's called compromise, men. Sometimes you have to treat her to steak so you can ignore her completely for 3 days.