Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-28-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love what Houston is doing on defense. Barwin, Reed, Watt, and Crick are all guys I desperately wanted. They're going to be one of my favorite secondary teams going forward.

In terms of the team post Brady, I'm actually pretty optimistic. I think we're building a special line offensively, and having a core of Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, Gronk, and Hernandez could be a good start if we can keep it together. There is some young talent on the defensive side of the ball, but it needs to stay healthy. Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Dowling, Love, Jones, and Chung is a good start to a young core. I think our biggest issue right now is what McCourty is going to be. I have no faith in him right now, and I certainly don't want to have to rely on him for an entire season again.

This draft isn't as bad as last years IMO, but for all the picks we've had the past 4 years, and how few contributors I feel like we've gotten this is starting to become a big problem.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I love what Houston is doing on defense. Barwin, Reed, Watt, and Crick are all guys I desperately wanted. They're going to be one of my favorite secondary teams going forward.
Seriously, that's a nasty, aggressive front. Add Mercilus in there and that's a group that can absolutely get after it. I'm very jealous.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, someone rated lower than Tavon Wilson on the NFL.com scale has finally been selected...with the 19th pick in the 5th round.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Alright, someone rated lower than Tavon Wilson on the NFL.com scale has finally been selected...with the 19th pick in the 5th round.
Yeah because we all know how important the NFL.com scale is.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Yeah because we all know how important the NFL.com scale is.
I've already said in a previous post to take it for what it's worth. So do that. Illustration tool, not an end all be all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've already said in a previous post to take it for what it's worth. So do that. Illustration tool, not an end all be all.
Sorry, don't read many of your posts/rants.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-28-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I might not agree with Matt(specifically right now on Bequette, I like the guy quite a bit), but his opinion has clout with me because I've been reading the guys stuff for years. Matt presented his case as to why he doesn't feel like Bequette was a good pick(let's not pretend that the amount of time he spends on the ground is healthy) and you freak out and tell him to stop bitching. Some of you guys have a major problem with the whole concepts of how this thing works.
Matt has a lot of knowledge, but the things he's saying is so divorced from reality. Sometimes I develop an opinion of a player and no matter how much I watch from that player I never change my opinion. I think this is case of Matt not liking the player. Bequette was very productive in the best division in NCAA football. He has a very good motor and solid intangibles. He's not an elite athlete but he faired very well in the agility drills at the Combine which is much more important than the forty. He does look a bit stiff and I consider him more of a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB although his Combine numbers indicate that he could stand up in the 3-4.

My problem with this isn't directed at Matt directly. I have all the respect in the world for Matt and his knowledge when it comes to evaluating prospect. But that doesn't mean that he's always right. Matt clearly does not like Bequette for some reason which is fine. Or at least, that is my perception. Every year there are fans that freak out saying BB has lost his skills as a talent evaluator and the end is near. Well guess what. We just went to the 5th Super Bowl in 10 years. We have one of the most talented young QBs in the league waiting for the day when Brady retires to take over. Yes, the defense sucked last year and has been declining rapidly the last couple of seasons. But BB is working to fix it. I have no beef with people ripping him for the Wilson pick since it was awful But saying that Bequette is terrible value doesn't make sense. He was slated to go in the third round and all evaluators have talked about him in a positive manner. I haven't watched as much of him as Matt I am sure but from what I've seen he looks like a player that can develop into a starter in the NFL or at least be a very good backup. And it doesn't matter that he's not a natural 3-4 OLB since we play 60-70 % of the defensive snaps in some kind of a sub package anyway.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Matt has a lot of knowledge, but the things he's saying is so divorced from reality. Sometimes I develop an opinion of a player and no matter how much I watch from that player I never change my opinion. I think this is case of Matt not liking the player. Bequette was very productive in the best division in NCAA football. He has a very good motor and solid intangibles. He's not an elite athlete but he faired very well in the agility drills at the Combine which is much more important than the forty. He does look a bit stiff and I consider him more of a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB although his Combine numbers indicate that he could stand up in the 3-4.

My problem with this isn't directed at Matt directly. I have all the respect in the world for Matt and his knowledge when it comes to evaluating prospect. But that doesn't mean that he's always right. Matt clearly does not like Bequette for some reason which is fine. Or at least, that is my perception. Every year there are fans that freak out saying BB has lost his skills as a talent evaluator and the end is near. Well guess what. We just went to the 5th Super Bowl in 10 years. We have one of the most talented young QBs in the league waiting for the day when Brady retires to take over. Yes, the defense sucked last year and has been declining rapidly the last couple of seasons. But BB is working to fix it. I have no beef with people ripping him for the Wilson pick since it was awful But saying that Bequette is terrible value doesn't make sense. He was slated to go in the third round and all evaluators have talked about him in a positive manner. I haven't watched as much of him as Matt I am sure but from what I've seen he looks like a player that can develop into a starter in the NFL or at least be a very good backup. And it doesn't matter that he's not a natural 3-4 OLB since we play 60-70 % of the defensive snaps in some kind of a sub package anyway.
Again, well said.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Sorry, don't read many of your posts/rants.
Can we at least wait until the draft is over for internet drama ********? I mean, shoot, we're three picks away.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on BB one final good pick. Criner, M.Jones, Iloka, heck I'd even take Alfonzo Dennard at this point.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Can we at least wait until the draft is over for internet drama ********? I mean, shoot, we're three picks away.
Very well lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

We just traded out?
NM was looking at the ocho pick lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-28-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
Come on BB one final good pick. Criner, M.Jones, Iloka, heck I'd even take Alfonzo Dennard at this point.
ugh not dennard please. bad bad player.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kellen Moore been drafted yet? (I don't want him but I've heard BB likes him)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ugh not dennard please. bad bad player.

He's better than Tayvon Wilson.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sad but true.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys why do we spend all this time following the NFL draft, posting thousands of comments on a message board about it, if we're not supposed to have strong opinions about it? Why not just read the blurbs from the beat writers the day after for our info? MJ has a low opinion of Bequette, EE and I aren't crazy about Hightower, this is because we spend so much time prepping for it. I wouldn't expect you to be happy Razor if we traded up for Melvin Ingram, but I would argue with you about his skills not just say, "You guys are being over dramatic, trust BB'zzz he knows more about football than us." Why should we even bother being here if we need to support every pick unconditionally?
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Traded with GB again. Can't wait to see the details of this. Let's see moved back to the bottom of the sixth and gained a bottom of the 7th maybe?

3 Anyone but Wolfe

cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Trade out, damn...
Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That would be a legit debate lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-28-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

The Steelers are having a really good draft. DeCastro, Adams, Ta'Amu, Spence, and Rainey. Damn!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we traded #62 (284 points) for #90 (Jake Bequette), #197, and #224 (144.6 points.) Awesome.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Guys why do we spend all this time following the NFL draft, posting thousands of comments on a message board about it, if we're not supposed to have strong opinions about it? Why not just read the blurbs from the beat writers the day after for our info? MJ has a low opinion of Bequette, EE and I aren't crazy about Hightower, this is because we spend so much time prepping for it. I wouldn't expect you to be happy Razor if we traded up for Melvin Ingram, but I would argue with you about his skills not just say, "You guys are being over dramatic, trust BB'zzz he knows more about football than us." Why should we even bother being here if we need to support every pick unconditionally?
I do...that's how I know Travon Wilson has a 112 year old great, great grandma and his father was murdered and mother drowned. Still know absolutely nothing positive about him as a football player but the print media made me feel a lot closer to him as a person. And I think we can all agree that's the most important thing, right?...right???

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

A late sixth and two late sevenths in return. Kind of like 2007, BB obviously doesn't like much in this draft and he's just trading down to the bottom of the draft to get some priority UDFA's (to go along with the UDFA that they already took in round 2)

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-28-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
So we traded #62 (284 points) for #90 (Jake Bequette), #197, and #224 (144.6 points.) Awesome.
I do agree there that the trades have been really ****** day 2 and 3.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy