Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Final Mock Draft

Bengals Mock Draft

1A. Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame Floyd could go as high as #12 or drop to us at #17. The more I look at other teams needs it appears that they are going to go defense heavy from #12-#16. Floyd is the perfect WCO complement to Green. Floyd can get off the line quickly and is great in space, not to mention is down field blocking is second to none in this draft. I don’t want Simpson back and we lost Caldwell as our #3 WR. The current roster doesn’t have anyone on it that is #2 WR caliber. Floyd starts from day one and excels due to not having to be “The Man” from day one.

1B. Cordy Glenn OG Georgia The closer we get to draft day the more confident I am that Glenn will fall to 21 because OG is not regarded as a top 15 pick no matter how good the player is. Add to the fact that DeCastro will be the first OG taken it likely means that Glenn reaches pick #21. This solves our right guard position for the next 8-10 years and pairs two huge bodied men on the right side of the line that any NFL quality RB could run behind.

2. Lamar Miller RB Miami (FL) Miller is an explosive back who can catch the ball out of the backfield and make people miss in the open field. He can and will be a starting running back in the NFL.

3. Markelle Martin Safety Oklahoma St. Martin will backup Nelson and could even start opposite of him when team go 4-wide. I have him as the third best safety in the draft with future starter potential. If Mays falls on his face Martin will be able to step up and start but he won’t be as big an asset in run defense as Mays will be. Martin is the perfect rotation player with Mays based on the offensive lineup.

4. Travis Lewis LB Oklahoma Lewis will be able to step up if Maualuga continues to be inconsistent at MLB. Lewis has more physical tools that Skuta and he will contribute on Special Teams from day one.

5A. Tommy Streeter WR Miami (FL) Streeter is a huge target at 6’4” which Marvin loves. Streeter is mostly a Go Route type of player at this point in time but he has all the physical tools to be a high end #2 WR. He will fill the void that Caldwell left behind.

5B. Kheeston Randall DT Texas 6’5” 295 lbs. Randall has the frame to add more weight and he will need to if he plans on sticking around the NFL. In college he played like a 5th round pick. Randall has a good motor but is undersized for the position. His upside is better than any late round DT because he has a good motor. All he needs to do is put on some bulk in a NFL weight room and he could contribute to any D-line rotation.

5C. Matt Reynolds OT BYU Reynolds is a big bodied individual that lacks elite athleticism much in the mold of Dennis Roland. Reynolds is a quality backup that can play LT or RT so he should stick around the league for a while due to his versatility.

6. Kevin Koger TE Michigan Koger is a practice squad player at this point in his career. His superior pure athleticism never showed up on game tape. He is more of a workout warrior than a football player but with NFL coaching he might make a career out of it.

I think that this hits a lot of major needs and provides us depth with some good value picks. I know that many of you will want us to grab a CB in the first round but I think that Gilmore will be gone by the time we pick and I am not very high on Kirkpatrick. If I am drafting a CB in the first round then I want that guy to be a shut down corner and Kirkpatrick is not that guy. I would wait another season to sign a CB in free agency or draft one. Our team is already loaded with CB’s as it is so I don’t see the pressing need to sign one that is not elite. The first three picks solidify our offense for years to come and it allows Andy Dalton to become the QB that we all think he can be. Our defense is young and hungry so this draft went a little more offense oriented. Mike Brown is setting aside money to sign out top defensive talent so the defensive side of the ball can take a back seat this draft season. On that note I just have to say that no mock is perfect because we just don’t have enough picks. I can see a lot of these guys making the team out of training camp and putting a ton of pressure on the veterans. Let me know what you think.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Simpson going to Minnesota, I fully expect that we will target a #2 WR early (Rds. 1-3) this weekend. I would love to have Floyd, as long as he falls to us.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like your mock. Think your 1st 4 picks would contribute on Day 1.

For your mock, I like Bradham at LB verses Lewis. I am not a big Streeter fan, just not convinced a straight line WR runner like him will make it in the Pros, would rather have Keshawn Martin WR in that spot.

If Floyd doesnt drop, then I revert back to us taking OG & CB in Rd 1, then WR in Rd 2. Thereby waiting until later to get our RB. WR is more pressing of a need for us.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do have to wait until Rd. 2 to snag a WR, who would be best suited for our WCO?

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
If we do have to wait until Rd. 2 to snag a WR, who would be best suited for our WCO?
For #2, my vote is AJ Jenkins, he has good hands with top notch speed, this would add an element to our offense that's not there.

My feeling is that his output could of been much better if he had a better QB. I think he is the one to get. 2nd choice would be Randle or perhaps Jeffrey if he is still there. I'm not in the Sanu or Mcnutt camp.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
For #2, my vote is AJ Jenkins, he has good hands with top notch speed, this would add an element to our offense that's not there.

My feeling is that his output could of been much better if he had a better QB. I think he is the one to get. 2nd choice would be Randle or perhaps Jeffrey if he is still there. I'm not in the Sanu or Mcnutt camp.
I completely agree with everything you said here 100%
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely gotta go WR early, Dalton needs some weapons or the offense will struggle. Having Shipley at 100 percent would be a nice lift as well.

I'm still hoping for CB/OG first round then Miller in the 2nd. Surely there will be a vet WR cut that we could sign. I'm just not too optimistic about striking gold on rookie WR's two years in a row, I'd like guys who can step in this year (maybe take a WR in the 3rd).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote