Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-13-2014, 10:22 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the lions are in a position where the combine will be important bc there isn't a major must have need and you can pretty much name everyon who will be drafted in the top 9. They are several people that will either raise there stock or lower it so I think after that you will be able to get a better understanding along with FA.

Also a name that seems to be dropping a bit not sure about the scheme fit and thats Barr. I know alot of people are saying TE but even if you lose Pettigrew but I dont think I go with one at 10. You have Fauria who at the worst is a redzone threat and then blocking TE that you drafted last year to pair with him. The TE class is very deep and you can add a quality player in round 2-5 that can make a impact.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
I feel as if we said the very same thing about Raiola last year. I'm fine with taking an OC in this draft, but later than the 3rd where we can still be able to add a WR who can impact our offense this year, or a defensive guy who could easily start day 1. We don't need the best OC in the draft when we don't plan on him seeing the field. I think the goal needs to be finding 3 starters in rounds 1-3. I'd rather aim for a guy later on knowing that we have a year to develop him (unless injuries occur).

I'd probably say that Mayhew's biggest accomplishment he has had in the draft was last year when he managed to retool our Oline with late round picks (and UDFA). I don't see why we would jump so quickly to negate that accomplishment by taking an OT at #10.

I am not advocating that we make a terrible reach, I personally feel that the top 2 OTs will be off the board and while Lewan could be BPA, there will be other positions there that are worthy of #10. We obviously disagree on the value of LBs, but I still fully expect that when all is said and done a Safety, WR, TE (who is essentially a WR) will all be worthy of that high of a pick. Mayhew won't reach, he never has and I don't see that changing now, but I think a lot of things would have to go against us that would force us to go OT
If we're deciding between Lewan and a DB with a similar grade then I would absolutely take the DB. However, if one of the elite LT prospects falls to us at 10 I don't want Mayhew to think "Our O-line was good last year, we need help in our secondary" and take the lesser rated DB, who may even be worthy of being taken at #10. Riley Reiff was fine at LT last year but nobody is confusing him for Joe Thomas.

Personally I think it would be a mistake for the Lions to take Mike Evans at #10. I think he's going to be a fine receiver in the NFL as he's already shown an elite ability to box out defenders and obviously he's fantastic on jump balls. However, he's not a fluid athlete at all and that makes me seriously question his ability to run a wide range of routes effectively. Also the depth at the position in rounds 2 and 3 make waiting on a WR the better option IMO.

Ebron, Clinton-Dix, and Pryor could certainly throw their names into the discussion with good showings at the combine.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also don't like Evans.

Pryor seems to be a guy who's stock may keep on rising as more tape is evaluated. Him and HaHa will be in a battle for the first safety off the board. Can't wait to see how all these DBs measure up and see how they run.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I really like what I've seen from Pryor so far. He's aggressive in the run game, has great size, is an intimidating hitter, and seems to have great range. If he runs a great 40 I could definitely see him passing HaHa.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really like Evans,but I've said that I understand why he'd be a fit here. He wouldn't have to run a full route tree and having his jump ball ability opposite Calvin would be very tough to guard. Where are you going to give your safety help? I think he's another Alshon Jeffery.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Cursed_Since_1957
Rookie

Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions have released Nate Burleson.

"It’s a hard decision for them to make, but I can’t blame them for making it," Burleson told the Detroit Free Press. In reality, it was a no brainer, even for a team short on receivers. Going on 33, Burleson was practically nonexistent last season, and due $5.5 million in 2014. It was an untenable sum for a team with all sorts of cap problems. Injuries have limited Burleson to just 15 combined games the past two seasons, while his separation skills have vanished. Despite all that, he intends to keep playing. Receiver was already a massive need for the Lions, but now they're perilously low on bodies, let alone skill. Tapping the fertile free-agent market or using an early-round pick on a wideout will be a must.

Dave birkett on Twitter

I'm not really feeling WR in the first round unless Watkins falls to the Lions but it's abundantly clear multiple WR's whether it's in free agency or the draft must be added to a even thinner Receiving corps.
Cursed_Since_1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I don't really like Evans,but I've said that I understand why he'd be a fit here. He wouldn't have to run a full route tree and having his jump ball ability opposite Calvin would be very tough to guard. Where are you going to give your safety help? I think he's another Alshon Jeffery.
I feel like Fauria already provides that 2nd jump ball receiver in the endzone.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a completely different kind of thing than what Evans brings to the table. I'm talking about deep balls
Old 02-14-2014, 07:24 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default We definitely need WR in the draft or free agency.

Last year I wanted a WR for my dynasty team, I picked up Keenan Allen. The Lions must bring in bodies as well as talent.
Here are three guys I really like:

Paul Richardson - This guy is a smallish WR but he runs well and is very productive. There was an article on CBS Sports website comparing receivers with varying factors for success and his numbers were highest. I will be watching the combine to gather more.

Sammy Watkins - He is this year's version of lightning in a bottle. His blowout bowl performance shot him up the charts but he has character flags. He is listed as 6'1" and is among the fastest wideouts this year. He's a forum favorite.

Robert Herron - another Wes Welker. Exact same size and weight but 4.35 speed. He will certainly rise up draft boards after he runs at the combine. He smoked the senior bowl impressing teams and scouts alike.

There you have it.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Good list Weasel. In regards to ALlen, I think Allen Robinson compares to him quite a bit. I really like Richardson. He can be a steal.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I liked Robinson early but early on I'm wondering about strength and role in his offense.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Interesting. I don't have a full grasp on him as a prospect yet admittedly.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

I recommend the cbs sports article under the nfl tab in the draft section evaluating this year's WR prospects.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robinson was a playamker under revamped McGloin with O Brien and a freshamn QB. He was their offense(though they have solid run game and TEs0 and he still made play after play. I'd love him on Detroit. The guy just produces, has good speed and can run all the routes. Great training under O'Brien as well.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Robinson was a playamker under revamped McGloin with O Brien and a freshamn QB. He was their offense(though they have solid run game and TEs0 and he still made play after play. I'd love him on Detroit. The guy just produces, has good speed and can run all the routes. Great training under O'Brien as well.
Unfortunately, he's primed to go late round 1 or early round 2 so isn't likely to be there with our pick in round 2. I like him a lot but I think it is wishful thinking that we can get him.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

There's a lot of WRs in that area. One of them is bound to drop. Robinson,Cooks,Matthews,Beckham,Landry,Benjamin,Ad ams maybe Richardson are all projected between about 25 and 50
Old 02-16-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Bird
Rookie

Bird hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am always interested in IAC's posts. IAC my question to you (and everyone else) is who do you think we will draft in rounds 1 and 2 and who you think we SHOULD draft in rounds 1 and 2.

As for the wrs, I am sure the ones that aren't as tall and run slower times in the 40 will drop. Evans could drop the farthest but could also shoot way up and be gone before we draft at 10. I can see him in the 4.6-4.65 range and drop somewhere 11-20.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

I haven't been of the belief that we'd take a CB, but I'm starting to think that Dennard and Gilbert will cement themselves as top 10-15 prospects and could be in play. I've said I only want one at 10 if they are considered a true #1 prospect. I think these guys might fit the bill. I'd guess TE or CB at this point with WR and S being the picks in round 2 and 3 in some order.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
I am always interested in IAC's posts. IAC my question to you (and everyone else) is who do you think we will draft in rounds 1 and 2 and who you think we SHOULD draft in rounds 1 and 2.

As for the wrs, I am sure the ones that aren't as tall and run slower times in the 40 will drop. Evans could drop the farthest but could also shoot way up and be gone before we draft at 10. I can see him in the 4.6-4.65 range and drop somewhere 11-20.
Predicting the #10 pick is a tough one especially before the Combine has played out. At #10, you have an unique opportunity to see who drops to you from your board, I believe there are always surprises.

Of course, I have my preferences at #10 based on team needs, priority of the position and who might be available.

The draft looks like it may unfold this way although the Combine or Pro Days could still seriously affect it.

Trades may well occur for this top 9 picks to happen but here goes.

1) Houston QB ( tough call on which order the 3 QB's will go since I see them as all possible picks for Houston).
2) Cleveland trade QB, any of Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland or Minny will all try to trade up with the Rams
3) Jacksonville QB (as you can see, I feel QB's will go 1,2..3 which is why the Rams will get a lot for trading out)
4) Rams I'm assuming Cleveland gets the #2 pick so the Rams will take Matthews or Robinson, my money is on Matthews.
5) Oakland Clowney, Oakland doesn't get their QB and settles for best non QB in the draft.
6) Atlanta Matthews or Robinson, whoever the Rams pass on.
7) Tampa Bay Carr is in play along with Barr, Watkins and Mack. Carr is iffy right now but may prove himself later in the postseason process. At this point in the draft process, I'd take Barr LB.
8) Minny See Tampa Bay Likely pick Mack LB
9) Buffalo Lewan OT, I believe the Bills strongly need to upgrade their OL although Watkins could easily be in the running as well if he gets past Tampa Bay/Minny.

10) As you can see, there are a lot of possibilities for who will be available for Detroit, Barr, Watkins and Mack depending on where Carr rates and if he manages to get into the top 10. To that list, I think you can add Lee, Mosley, Clinton-Dix, Pryor, one of the CB's and at an outside chance, maybe Kouandjio. My choice in this scenario would be Watkins WR although that second round group of WR's would definitely tempt me to pass on a WR. I could live with Lee, Mosley, one of the Safeties or even one of the CB's and if Robinson or Lewan slip, I could live with one of them.

I think Detroit's is just too wide open to call, just too many scenarios where they could go depending on what happens in front of them. They could easily feel in this draft that a solid #2 WR(deep class) will be available to them in round 2 and choose to take Mosley, a Safety or a CB at #10.

Round 2:
With #1 so wide open, it's problematic that you can guess where they will go in round 2 depending on which position they go in round 1. Positions possibly in the running could be WR, S, CB, LB. Possible names include WR's Paul Richardson, Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Davantae Adams, Jordan Matthews or Derek Cook, all looking like early to mid 2nd rounders(solid reasoning to pass on a WR in round 1). CB's Lamarcus Joyner, Jason Verrett, Bradley Roby or Alvin Colvin. Don't see much at LBer or Safety.

I am almost positive that they will hope to secure one of Swanson/Richburg OC's by round 3.

My choices and I'm hedging my bets:
1) Pryor or Clinton-Dix Safeties(Too close to call) or a CB Dennard or Gilbert( The Combine should sort out our final board among these 4.
2) WR I kind of like Beckham but it is a tremendously strong group.
3) OC Swanson or Richburg

Just a final note, Who will be released in FA will impact this list of priorities quite a bit.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 02-17-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

The combine will be very key for our slot. You can't go top 10 at CB without a nice 40 really for one. Ebron will need to prove athletically superior to be in the mix and Lee could move himself back into that range with a nice combine. It will also be very important for Barr and Mack.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
The combine will be very key for our slot. You can't go top 10 at CB without a nice 40 really for one. Ebron will need to prove athletically superior to be in the mix and Lee could move himself back into that range with a nice combine. It will also be very important for Barr and Mack.
FA will still impact our draft as well and I don't think you can leave Safety off the list. No talent in round 2 so if we need a replacement, it will have to come in round 1. Ditto for TE, if we resign Pettigrew, Ebron won't get consideration, if we don't, he rises way up on our draft needs.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
FA will still impact our draft as well and I don't think you can leave Safety off the list. No talent in round 2 so if we need a replacement, it will have to come in round 1. Ditto for TE, if we resign Pettigrew, Ebron won't get consideration, if we don't, he rises way up on our draft needs.
Agree with everything you said in both of your posts. Right now everything is very wide open and what we choose to do in FA and in our decision to resign people will have a direct effect on our draft needs.

As it stands right now I like the mock you had. I question whether we will take an OC in the 3rd but I do think the position needs to be addressed. Up until recently I've had Swanson as the clear cut #1 C, but recently Martin and Richburg have seemed to closed the gap. I think we can find value a bit later than 3rd for a guy that will only see the field if there is an injury.

The most interesting scenario for me will be if Watkins is on the board. While I'd like to think that we wouldn't pass on him, I wonder what type of offers we would get for him from teams in the teens that could use a WR. St. Louis at 13, Baltimore at 16, NYJ at 18 all could use a WR and could be willing to make a move if he was sitting at #10. Especially St. Louis if they just traded down earlier in the draft and have extra picks to work with.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
Agree with everything you said in both of your posts. Right now everything is very wide open and what we choose to do in FA and in our decision to resign people will have a direct effect on our draft needs.

As it stands right now I like the mock you had. I question whether we will take an OC in the 3rd but I do think the position needs to be addressed. Up until recently I've had Swanson as the clear cut #1 C, but recently Martin and Richburg have seemed to closed the gap. I think we can find value a bit later than 3rd for a guy that will only see the field if there is an injury.

The most interesting scenario for me will be if Watkins is on the board. While I'd like to think that we wouldn't pass on him, I wonder what type of offers we would get for him from teams in the teens that could use a WR. St. Louis at 13, Baltimore at 16, NYJ at 18 all could use a WR and could be willing to make a move if he was sitting at #10. Especially St. Louis if they just traded down earlier in the draft and have extra picks to work with.
Unfortunately, the WR position is loaded this year, a tremendously deep and talented group. Given those factors, I doubt anybody will trade up for Watkins, normally I would agree just not this year.

Yeah, I just didn't have Martin on my list but Mayock has obviously pointed out that mistake. I think drafting an OC is extremely important and the 3rd round has produced an awful lot of all pro centers. Also, they would be solid backups as OG's should the need arise.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Matty B
Rookie

Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If an impact player falls to us at 10 like Khalil Mack or Barr or someone and we take them, what would you think if we traded back into the second half of the first round and picked up Calvin Pryor? I just finished watching tape on this guy and I LOVED what I saw. He's got good hands and ever hit he does is huge!

There would be a problem though, I don't se Watkins falling to us at all. If we get Pryor then we would obviously have to give up our second and who knows what else. This would mean we would have to miss out on the second tier WR's.
Matty B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty B View Post
If an impact player falls to us at 10 like Khalil Mack or Barr or someone and we take them, what would you think if we traded back into the second half of the first round and picked up Calvin Pryor? I just finished watching tape on this guy and I LOVED what I saw. He's got good hands and ever hit he does is huge!

There would be a problem though, I don't se Watkins falling to us at all. If we get Pryor then we would obviously have to give up our second and who knows what else. This would mean we would have to miss out on the second tier WR's.
At the rate that Pryor is rising I don't expect him to be there past 20. While I'd love to be able to get him, I can't imagine we'd be willing to give up our 2nd and 3rd to get him.