Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 05-08-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The question I have about Clowney is, why is Houston trying so hard to trade out of the #1 overall pick if Clowney is such a sure thing???? It just makes me think that Clowney has serious red flags and is more of a boom or bust project than we think.

I hope he is great because I absolutely hate wasted talent and he is loaded with that, but his intangibles scare the hell out of me.
Trying so hard is a stretch. They are asking for an RG3 type package and have a GM who prefers to trade down. I think they are comfortable staying at #1 if they aren't overwhelmed. I also think part of the equation is that they don't have a QB
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I'd love someone like Joyner or Ward in the 2nd, as they are both guys who can create turnovers IMO. That will be a big key for us.
I like ward a lot. If we added Gilbert and Ward in round 1 and 2 there would be no complaints from me. Both guys have the potential to be big time playmakers in this league and in a year or 2 our secondary should be a big strength.

Candidates in a trade down are Jets and Miami. Supposedly Miami wants Zach Martin badly. Scott seems very confident the Gmen will take him at #12 so we could be the perfect trade partner with them.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I wouldn't want to trade 3 1sts for clowney either, or really anybody, but if the lions are thinking of trading up id much rather prefer clowney, mack, robinson or matthews over one of the wrs. The wr draft is just too deep this year for that type of move and we could better improve our team by getting a top flight talent at a different position and then filling wr in the 2nd or 3rd.

Personally, I think if the lions want to mortgage the future it shouldnt be to move up from 10, but to get additional 1st round picks, like our 3rd and 2015 1st for 28-30. Just imagine, though unrealistic, but a trade back from 10 to 16 and a 2nd and then we package our 3rd with a 2015 1st for #29. We could get Dennard, Shazier, Ward and Moncrief in the 1st and 2nd rounds and then snag a c like Stork in the 4th. A lot of holes filled with serious prospects at positions in flux. Id much rather have that than just Clowney.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
I like ward a lot. If we added Gilbert and Ward in round 1 and 2 there would be no complaints from me. Both guys have the potential to be big time playmakers in this league and in a year or 2 our secondary should be a big strength.

Candidates in a trade down are Jets and Miami. Supposedly Miami wants Zach Martin badly. Scott seems very confident the Gmen will take him at #12 so we could be the perfect trade partner with them.
I could see the rams, cowboys, jets and dolphins wanting to move up with the lions in mind. It could get interesting.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very curious to see how things fall before us. Guys like Donald and Lewan going in the top 9 would be huge. Come on 3 QBs!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is there a stud though? Who is it?

Nobody seems confident enough, across the net, to say that any of Ha Ha, Dennard,Pryor,Fuller etc. are surefire studs. If there was a Patrick Petersen in this class, he' be the guy I wanted in a trade up.

Our DL isn't a problem, but it isn't perfect either. Fairley is probably leaving next year and we don't have a sack producer opposite Ansah.
I wouldn't have a problem with Barr, tremendous upside since he only played defense for 2 years and could be a solid pass rusher with all the other studs on defensive line.

I can also handle Fuller or Gilbert or Dennard or Pryor who I think would be solid as well. Pryor, because SS is more of a need than FS and Pryor could be an enforcer that our defense seems to lack at the back end.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very curious to see how things fall before us. Guys like Donald and Lewan going in the top 9 would be huge. Come on 3 QBs!
Agreed, I am hoping for something like this....

1.) Clowney
2.) Robinson
3.) Mack
4.) Manziel
5.) Watkins
6.) Matthews
7.) Donald
8.) Bortles
9.) Lewan
10.) Evans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:12 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly Raiders may like Evans more than Watkins.

But yeah I think Evans can certainly fall to us
Old 05-08-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you guys doing tonight?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
What are you guys doing tonight?
Watching the draft and eating enough Wendy's to kill a baby elephant.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage View Post
Watching the draft and eating enough Wendy's to kill a baby elephant.
I haven't been to Wendy's in forever. I remember the sea salt fries being really good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-08-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

I'm thinking either Watkins or Mack is going to fall to 5. If so, I expect us to be calling Oakland
Old 05-08-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

10,Fairley and a 4th to get to 5 for Mack!

Move back in the 2nd, regain a 4th and take the best WR left. Landry,Adams,Robinson,Matthews etc.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping that the quarterbacks are still there and allows us to trade down because teams want to get ahead of Tennessee.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:33 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

I just don't want to pick at 10. Whether that is a trade up or trade down. I want to move away from 10
Old 05-08-2014, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I just don't want a DT or OT.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-08-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I just don't want a DT or OT.
I'm with you on that. If Mathews is there and we take him I will bite my tongue, but it's not what I want.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's everyone's final prediction? I'm gonna say a trade up to take mike Evans
Old 05-08-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

If we are at #10. I predict Beckham.

Trade up for Mack/Watkins?Evans

Trade down for a DB
Old 05-08-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Bortles at #3! that's big!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Bills trade with Browns.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-08-2014, 07:38 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

ok I want a move for Mack
Old 05-08-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not shaping up good if no trade I guess dennard or haha?
Old 05-08-2014, 08:17 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

We didn't even try to trade. We turned our pick in immediately.

Last edited by detroit4life : 05-08-2014 at 09:08 PM.
detroit4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

HaHa and Dennard sliding. Any chance of a trade down?

Liking our odds of Ward being there at 45 more and more