Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-27-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnraisedwhodat View Post
Question, if Irvin has 8-12 sacks and is a consistent menace to quarterbacks will it be an "lol" pick still?

But if he went in the 3rd round and was a sack master people would say "how did this guy fall that far?!"
Meh, revisionist history is always 100% right though. Its easy for us to all sit here and talk about how JaWalrus had all the signs of failure but at the time, most people were so enamored with that arm it didn't matter. It goes both ways, if Irvin takes his first payday and winds up in jail, everyone will be saying I can't believe that guy went 15th overall and all the hullabaloo will be justified. For me, I knock for off-field a lot more than other people so it was really hard for me to get past that most recent run in with the law and that made me think that was an awful pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I'm not in love with Perry at all but Upshaw has some stiffness to him as well. Did not look good in LB drills at all. So if you are choosing between two guys who are a bit stiff and will need to work on operating in space IMO you take the more explosive athlete. I'm hoping they actually get him to cut some weight as 270 is a bit heavy for OLB and should help him work in space a little better.
Upshaw was stiff at the combine, sure, but he has already proven he can play standing up at the college level. I would feel more comfortable with him than Perry personally but given the Packers recent success in the draft, I wouldn't at all be surprised when Perry is a double-digit sack guy in a year or two haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really happy with the Perry pick. I had a slight preference to McClellin in the 3-4, but would have taken Perry over McClellin in a 4-3, which makes the Chicago pick interesting. I honestly think both teams would have been better off with the other team's player, though McClellin likely wouldn't have lasted to 28 anyway.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They drafted Perry because they wanted a fast-twitch pass rusher. People overestimate the importance of the other OLB skills, in this case. Once in a while he'll drop into zone coverage, but he isn't going to be covering Vernon Davis 20 yards down field. They drafted him to rush the passer.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
They drafted Perry because they wanted a fast-twitch pass rusher. People overestimate the importance of the other OLB skills, in this case. Once in a while he'll drop into zone coverage, but he isn't going to be covering Vernon Davis 20 yards down field. They drafted him to rush the passer.
I can hope they ask him to cover Vernon Davis.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I had first round grades on Perry and McClellin and had them virtually on par. The front office is confident in his ability to play standing up, and I'm thrilled about his potential as a pass-rusher.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has been crazy here at school so I have only a short time for comments, but in no random order:

3 RB's in the first round - what can be done?

I can't believe I actually clapped for a Cowboys selection, but as a person who watched Claiborne play HS football, I had to be happy for him. He went to a team that needs him and affords him a pre-positioned fan base.
That being said, I now have to despise him.

Seattle, why U no pick someone in the Bud-Light Green room?

I cannot begin to explain the impact that we will see on draft day from the rookie pay adjustments. Team will much more freedom to trade up for people they covet and allow top pick teams to wheel and deal if they so choose to do so.

I am excited to see just how The Rams construct themselves over the next few years. There should be no excuse for them not to have a strong, perennial play-off team in about 2 years.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
It has been crazy here at school so I have only a short time for comments, but in no random order:

I can't believe I actually clapped for a Cowboys selection, but as a person who watched Claiborne play HS football, I had to be happy for him. He went to a team that needs him and affords him a pre-positioned fan base.

I cannot begin to explain the impact that we will see on draft day from the rookie pay adjustments. Team will much more freedom to trade up for people they covet and allow top pick teams to wheel and deal if they so choose to do so.

I am excited to see just how The Rams construct themselves over the next few years. There should be no excuse for them not to have a strong, perennial play-off team in about 2 years.[
OOO OOO pick me pick me!!! I have an excuse. Sam Bradford sucks.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post

I am excited to see just how The Rams construct themselves over the next few years. There should be no excuse for them not to have a strong, perennial play-off team in about 2 years.
Covered the RBs here:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...6&#post2971106

As to the trading, it has been said a few times that teams are truly targeting and going after one guy they really want a lot more often now. And no one has really had to give up the farm to do it (other than Washington pre-draft.) The Cowboys moved up a sizable distance only having to sacrifice this year's 2nd round pick. And lot of the other trades only involved 4ths and later.

Finally, for the Rams, it all depends on Sam Bradford. I made my prediction before that I think he'll start being talked about as a bust by the end of this season. I guess we shall see.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
And Miami HAD to take Tannehill. Does that mean the pick should be graded as an A+?
Lmao RG3 is clearly a better QB but to each his own. Nice work on the comments.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'm glad you're not outright ******** on the McClellin pick for the Bears as most people are, but an A seems a little high for a guy of questionable fit. It sounds now like we're going to use him as a straight up DE which....I'd rather have gone Chandler Jones for.

We'll see.

Also, your Weeden love is just too much. He's a glorified Graham Harrell and with this move, the Browns have set themselves back another 2-3 years as he comes in and fails just like every other QB they've had.

I think the Bears would be better off with using him as a SLB and then kicking him to DE on 3rd downs, but I'd still take him over C. Jones as a straight DE.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the people bashing the Weeden pick.

If he was 13 on their board, and H&H have been known not to take the most popular picks or the players that everyone would expect in the first 2 rounds.

So far we have Haden, Ward, Hardesty (ewww), Taylor, Sheard, Little.

Thats 5 out of 6 that I am happy with so far, and Hardesty could be a nice switch up with Richardson.

As for Weeden, like I said, he was 13 on their board and yes he is 28.

Richardson will probably have a shelf life anywhere between 8-10 years, same with Weeden depending on how good he is, and that also is probably the remaining time Joe Thomas will be able to play at an elite or good level.

Browns are clearly building for that time frame and I would assume expect to be in the playoffs or at least seriously competing for it in 2 years. While I am not ecstatic about the pick, he is much better than Colt and will be an interesting addition with Richardson and hopefully a receiver.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And Berman needs to go. I'm sick of him. He's not entertaining in any way. He's so god damn full of himself and the stupid things he says...time for some new blood.

Did anyone else catch the commentary after the Donatarius Poe pick? Gruden was goofing off and said something jokingly like "well they think he's got po-tential obviously" and Berman said something a long the lines of "now ya see, if I said that they would be chewing me out for 3 months. But your the fast rising up and comer".

I need to catch the tape of the pick to get it word for word. I mean, corny thing to say by Gruden but Berman is a huge douchebag. I can still see the video of him snapping out on the set after the cameras stopped rolling and piece that with the egotistical comments he sneaks in like a female and it's easy to see what type of guy he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He could possibly replace Urlacher down the line as well.
This is just silly, and Sean Jensen is a giant idiot for saying it in the Sun-Times. Two completely different kinds of players. McClellin would need to double his range to do this. May as well say Julius Peppers can play corner because he's excellent in coverage.

Quote:
And if the Bears suck this year and the coaching staff gets gutted, he'd be a good versatile piece to have to possibly convert to a different defense.
I'm convinced that this is why he was drafted. I have a feeling that anyone we take in the front seven this draft is going to be someone who could project to a 3-4, just in case.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But wouldn't the they clean out the front office as well in that scenario?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
But wouldn't the they clean out the front office as well in that scenario?
Emery was just hired this offseason and had to keep Lovie. If the Bears are bad this year, Lovie is as good as done and Emery will get to pick the replacement. Coming from KC, he could possibly choose someone with 3-4 connections.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monomach, take off the tin foil hat. :)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Emery was just hired this offseason and had to keep Lovie. If the Bears are bad this year, Lovie is as good as done and Emery will get to pick the replacement. Coming from KC, he could possibly choose someone with 3-4 connections.
Your joking right. Lovie is as safe as they come. McClellin suits a Cover 2 scheme just fine as a DE.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Oh look, it's Iamcanadian sticking up for an established coach.

New GMs want to pick their own coaches. Emery will get his chance eventually.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions nailed it.

Got a future franchise OLT who fits to a "T" what they want out of an OT. Former Wrestler, very athletic(former TE), well coached(Ferentz is considered an OL guru) and a very, very smart kid(the Colts and Patriots built their franchises on drafting smart player). Perfect pick for what we need. Schwartz says he's an OLT all the way.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a pick that deserves more attention is Kendall Wright to Tennessee. Everyone had them adding depth to their DL and they still probably will, while adding the WR with possibly the most playmaking ability in the draft. No one had mocked that throughout the process mainly because they couldn't see Tennessee making an aggressive move
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Upshaw was stiff at the combine, sure, but he has already proven he can play standing up at the college level. I would feel more comfortable with him than Perry personally but given the Packers recent success in the draft, I wouldn't at all be surprised when Perry is a double-digit sack guy in a year or two haha
Upshaw looked like he had a bigger gut every time I saw him this offseason, from the early on to the combine to his pro day, he looked more out of shape every time I saw him. I think he was trying to convince 4-3 teams he was able to play base end, and he cost himself lots of money doing so. My guess is he would have worked out fine at a leaner 245-255.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRogers92 View Post
Lions nailed it.

Got a future franchise OLT who fits to a "T" what they want out of an OT. Former Wrestler, very athletic(former TE), well coached(Ferentz is considered an OL guru) and a very, very smart kid(the Colts and Patriots built their franchises on drafting smart player). Perfect pick for what we need. Schwartz says he's an OLT all the way.

Yea that couldn't have worked out more beautifully for them. Looking to the 2nd it might be overkill but I'd be eyeing Mike Adams at their pick and lock up book end tackles for the future. With the way Stafford elevated his play, and the weapons there, the line is important.

Reiff makes a great fit, just what they needed.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRogers92 View Post
Lions nailed it.

I'm about to start looking at the local media here in Detroit, if they do anything but orgasm over this pick, I will be very disappointed.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was rooting for DeCastro to go to the Titans. They need interior OL in the worst way and I thought that was a slam dunk pick.

As for Reiff to the Lions, I don't think it could have been any better for them. Great fit, fills a need, and that offense was already really explosive last year. Once they build up that line it could get even better, and that is kind of scary.

I SAID SOMETHING NICE ABOUT THE LIONS COREY. MAYBE NOW YOU WILL BE NICER TO ME.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
I think a pick that deserves more attention is Kendall Wright to Tennessee. Everyone had them adding depth to their DL and they still probably will, while adding the WR with possibly the most playmaking ability in the draft. No one had mocked that throughout the process mainly because they couldn't see Tennessee making an aggressive move
It was a huge shocker, but when you look at the weapons they are adding on offense, they are really going to be trouble. Wright fits beautifully opposite Britt, Cook really amped it up late and Jake Locker is insanely athletic with a ton of weapons to, oh and lets not forget this is going to be one of the first times CJ has had all these weapons on the offense outside of him.

I expect a big bounce back seasons from him.

Quote: