Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I really think Upshaw or Ta'amu is the pick for Indy. And whoever they do go with, they'll pick the other position next. You have to solidify your front 7 with a pass rusher and capable nose tackle as soon as you can. Kind of like the Packers did with the Raji/Matthews draft. I wouldn't count out a trade up from Indy to get it done. If there's anything that's worth giving up picks for, it'd be your transitioning stage to a 3-4. You absolutely have to get your guys.
With Mathis and Freeney on the roster as the rush linebackers I think Indianapolis will pass on Upshaw. Keep in mind they also brought in Janoris Jenkins for a visit (although their locker room probably isn't set up very well for that.)
Old 04-27-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
With Mathis and Freeney on the roster as the rush linebackers I think Indianapolis will pass on Upshaw. Keep in mind they also brought in Janoris Jenkins for a visit (although their locker room probably isn't set up very well for that.)
I might be one of the biggest Janoris Jenkins' supporters on this board but he simply doesn't make sense in Indy. New head coach, new defensive scheme that they're ill-equipped for, and not to mention it's not how they do things in Indy. He's a hell of a talent but there are better building blocks for the Colts on the board.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
The Rams need to nail all 3 of these picks. I hope they don't get cute with another trade down. Take BPA for all 3 and be done.
I hope we do trade down again if we can pick up another 3. There are a lot of good players left and the more we pick up today the sooner we start winning games. If someone REALLY wants a player we might even be able to get a 3 and a 5 for the #33 pick. That would give us an extra pick today as well as replacing the 5 we gave up for Brandon Lloyd.

A lot of people seem to think Steven Hill will continue to fall. I would love to pick him up with our 3rd round pick.

If we do stay put I'm cool with that too.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really think Upshaw or Ta'amu is the pick for Indy. And whoever they do go with, they'll pick the other position next. You have to solidify your front 7 with a pass rusher and capable nose tackle as soon as you can. Kind of like the Packers did with the Raji/Matthews draft. I wouldn't count out a trade up from Indy to get it done. If there's anything that's worth giving up picks for, it'd be your transitioning stage to a 3-4. You absolutely have to get your guys.
It is my understanding that Irsay has taken on a Jerry Jones role with Indy and I'm not expecting much success for the Colts in the near future even with a potential stud at QB. Interfering owners are a death march to a team so the Colts could be bottom feeders for a long time to come.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I hope we do trade down again if we can pick up another 3. There are a lot of good players left and the more we pick up today the sooner we start winning games. If someone REALLY wants a player we might even be able to get a 3 and a 5 for the #33 pick. That would give us an extra pick today as well as replacing the 5 we gave up for Brandon Lloyd.

A lot of people seem to think Steven Hill will continue to fall. I would love to pick him up with our 3rd round pick.

If we do stay put I'm cool with that too.
There aren't a lot of good players left, St. Louis already failed to secure either Blackmon or Floyd who they desperately wanted so they had better hope they get Hill in the second and that he is special. Right now, Bradford is a very unhappy QB still facing a mediocre OL and very few targets he can count on.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
There aren't a lot of good players left, St. Louis already failed to secure either Blackmon or Floyd who they desperately wanted so they had better hope they get Hill in the second and that he is special. Right now, Bradford is a very unhappy QB still facing a mediocre OL and very few targets he can count on.
Agree on them not getting any help for Bradford yet. For me either go tackle or WR and they go D-line. That didnt seem as pressing a need as say secondary or the ofensive side of the ball. They better get some receivers here soon or Bradford will have a hard time getting anything done.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hoping Amini Silatolu falls to 44.perfect fit for KC
Old 04-27-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I am hoping Amini Silatolu falls to 44.perfect fit for KC
Me too. He was my favorite G prospect this year. The problem is, if Amini AND Jenkins are there, what do we do?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I want Peter Konz or Amini Silatoulu at #44!
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Janoris Jenkins immediately comes to mind. I'm surprised he is still on the board.
He & Trumaine Johnson will be hot properties as NFL-ready cover corners, regardless of Jenkins' checkered past.

It's still as passing league chockfulla franchise QBs who can throw it through tire on a rope at 50 yds, so this could be called the Draft of the Cornerback.

Last edited by jojo : 04-27-2012 at 04:30 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
tippa irie
Rookie

tippa irie tippa irie tippa irie tippa irie tippa irie tippa irie tippa irie

maybe fleener to Rams
tippa irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will the cameras do a closeup on Luck's face if Indy passes on Fleener?
Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Janoris Jenkins, CB North Alabam/Florida
2. Reuben Randle, WR LSU
3. Cordy Glenn, G/T Georgia
4. Lavonte David, OLB Nebraska
5. Mychal Kendricks, ILB Cal
6. Coby Fleener, TE Stanford
7. Alameda Ta'amu, DT Washington
8. Trumaine Johnson, CB Montana
9. Amini Silatolu, G Midwestern State
10. Peter Konz, C Wisconsin
11. Stephen Hill, WR Georgia Tech
12. Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan State
13. Courtney Upshaw, OLB Alabama
14. Brian Quick, WR Appalachian State
15. Kendall Reyes, DT Connecticut

Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really think Upshaw or Ta'amu is the pick for Indy.
What 3-4 teams are going to be after a NT this draft? The Steelers are one, I've seen Josh Chapman mocked to the Raiders. Beyond that, I don't think there are many. I'd be more apt to waiting on a NT and seeing if one slides. If it doesn't work out, you can grab one in the 5th-6th and try to address it later. I guess Ta'amu could draw interest from 4-3 teams if he slides. But the Colts did bring in McKinney from the Ravens, so the NT position isn't empty.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

1. Janoris Jenkins, CB North Alabama/Florida - Arguably the most intriguing Day 2 player up there, should be gone quickly.
2. Reuben Randle, WR LSU
3. Cordy Glenn, G/T Georgia - Lacks only experience but can play OG or tackle
4. Lavonte David, OLB Nebraska
5. Mychal Kendricks, ILB Cal - the next Navarro Bowman?
6. Coby Fleener, TE Stanford - Best TE in a poor class, Luck imploring Indy to take him
7. Alameda Ta'amu, DT Washington
8. Trumaine Johnson, CB Montana - Tall & rangy, wantsto play for Raiders, could play safety
9. Amini Silatolu, G Midwestern State - Lots of mocks with him to the 9ers in 1st..hah! fooled you, those wily 49ers!
10. Peter Konz, C Wisconsin - Dallas should move up for him
11. Stephen Hill, WR Georgia Tech - Diamond in the rough, next WR taken
12. Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan State - Raiders looking for NG
13. Courtney Upshaw, OLB Alabama - Going to the Patriots?
14. Brian Quick, WR Appalachian State
15. Kendall Reyes, DT Connecticut
Old 04-27-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
What 3-4 teams are going to be after a NT this draft? The Steelers are one, I've seen Josh Chapman mocked to the Raiders. Beyond that, I don't think there are many. I'd be more apt to waiting on a NT and seeing if one slides. If it doesn't work out, you can grab one in the 5th-6th and try to address it later. I guess Ta'amu could draw interest from 4-3 teams if he slides. But the Colts did bring in McKinney from the Ravens, so the NT position isn't empty.
Nose tackle isn't a position you risk let sliding when making the transition. Not in my opinion atleast.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Me too. He was my favorite G prospect this year. The problem is, if Amini AND Jenkins are there, what do we do?
I'd take Silatolu.can get a CB in the 3rd
Old 04-27-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'd take Silatolu.can get a CB in the 3rd
Jenkins is a first round TALENT. An early to mid first round talent. I don't think you can pass that up. Especially not with Peyton Manning in your division.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Jenkins is going in the second. If teams weren't comfortable with him in the 1st I don't see him in the 2nd.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Will the cameras do a closeup on Luck's face if Indy passes on Fleener?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, a lot of people really like Cordy Glenn in here. My guard rankings look like this:

DeCastro
Zeitler
Silatolu
Brooks
Glenn
Everyone else

I'd love Glenn in the fourth, but high second would kill me. Too much waist bending, not enough hand technique, and too much straight-up holding his man.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't understand why Lamar Miller is so under appreciated. I'm not huge on drafting runningbacks high, but his size/speed ratio fits perfectly with his one cut tendency, and his awesome burst. If anyone in this draft can be a game changer as a runner, it's him, and he has very low tread on the tires.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins will go in round 2. There's already talk of teams trying to get up with St. Louis to get him. St. Louis, from what I understand, are locked in on 1 guy and nothing short of a 2nd and next years 1st is going to get them to move.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
A very good friend of mine and I will be with him while he is waiting on the call

Brian Quick WR App State
Didn't have to wait long! lol.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Yet, I think they go defense over him because of who their new HC is.
Quote:
Quote:
Nose tackle isn't a position you risk let sliding when making the transition. Not in my opinion atleast.
I couldn't have whiffed worse on the Colts. They have yet to address the defense even in a transition stage. Their new head coach is Baltimore's former DC, so they've taken two tight ends and a WR after Luck? I don't really get it. Albeit, Ta'amu is still there but Indianapolis doesn't have a 4th round pick? Everything they've done has gone against conventional thinking making it really hard to predict. They come back at the beginning of the 5th but do they think they can grab a serviceable starter there? Probably not. They've brought in all of three new players on the defensive side of the ball, all from Baltimore (Redding, McKinney, Zbikowski). Only one is slated as a starter in the front 7. This is probably bothering me more than it should, what are Colts fans thoughts on this?